What should they replace Moderno's with?

AndyCapn

What type of restaurant should replace Moderno's?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. What type of restaurant should replace Moderno's?

• Asian
    • Caribbean
    • Mexican
    • Southern barbecue
    • Seafood
    • Upscale hamburgers
    • Gourmet buffet
    • Celebrity chef
    • Child-friendly family restaurant
    • Land-based chain restaurant
    • Nothing, use the space for something else

i have a feeling Norwegian might follow Carnival with having a barbecue restaurant on the ship

oh, I hope not. With so many other choices why would they do a barbecue place? NCL isn't Carnival and I don't think FDR is likely to copy them on anything. I assume we are talking keeping it an upscale experience. Who would pay extra for barbecue? I am not a hater of BBC by any means, I just can think of a lot of other choices that would fit better if indeed they really are going to replace Modernos.

oh, I hope not. With so many other choices why would they do a barbecue place? NCL isn't Carnival and I don't think FDR is likely to copy them on anything. I assume we are talking keeping it an upscale experience. Who would pay extra for barbecue? I am not a hater of BBC by any means, I just can think of a lot of other choices that would fit better if indeed they really are going to replace Modernos.

I think you mean BBQ?

I think you mean BBQ?

I think you are right.

To Russ: what do you mean someplace with no extra charge because 75% of the restaurants cost extra? You have 2 MDRs, seating 100s of people, the larger ships have the Manhattan Room, no charge, there is the buffet and O'Sheehan's plus out side food on many ships. Upscale restaurants only seat a few people compared to the other options. I can't believe anyone would think NCL does not have enough no charge dining options?

Was on the Getaway a few years ago and the seafood place they had was fantastic. Think it was called Ocean Blue? I would like to see that on more of their ships.

I would not suggest Indian food. there are already concerns about norovirus, etc. No need to exacerbate the potential of gastro-intestinal issues.;p:o

Was on the Getaway a few years ago and the seafood place they had was fantastic. Think it was called Ocean Blue? I would like to see that on more of their ships.

I would not suggest Indian food. there are already concerns about norovirus, etc. No need to exacerbate the potential of gastro-intestinal issues.;p:o

Edited: I didn't get the joke. lol

Edited by ColinIllinois

I vote for something like Food Republic only make it a true sports bar.

Charge for the food (which will need to more upscale than O'Sheehan's), craft beers and show all of the sports that are often begged for to be shown (and often do not have available) in bars on the ships. Especially when there are championship games on, though there is always some type of sport that people want to watch. It would free up the other bars for other cruisers that are not sports fans.

This would be for the large amount of sports fans worldwide so there will always be customers.

They would make a mint.

JMHO. :)

Edited by Cruisercl
typo

What's funny is that mexican is leading the poll and guess what they took out of many ships to put in Modernos? Mexican. LOL

even though I voted Mexican, you are right and I thought about that. Of course the Mexican restaurants on the ships really were not good quality Mexican food to those of us who are used to good Mexican food. I guess I should have said seafood. even then, I do not see any reason what so ever for discontinuing Modernos. I have mentioned this today to 4 different cruise people and they all looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

As for it being removed from the Bliss as someone said, it is pretty hard to remove something that hasn't been yet. The ship isn't even finished being built.

Edited by newmexicoNita

A health food restaurant....healthy options only.

No beef, no grease, no white potatoes or rice..........

Lots of fish, lots of vegetables.......

What makes me think that would just not work. If one desires to eat healthy on a ship they can, but to have an entire restaurant, especially a sur charge one with only healthy food, was be a no winner for the cruise line.