Did you know HAL has unlimited laundry for $7 per storeroom per day?

Ken the cruiser

We never knew about HAL's unlimited laundry option until a few cruises ago when we purchased an upsell to a Neptune suite and got it for free. But we did some inquiries and found out it was just $7 a day per stateroom. By the way you get it for free when you make 4 star or you book a Neptune suite.

For us we can fill a bag every two days and we usually get our cleaned laundry back the next day. On our last voyage we tried to see where this price was documented and couldn't even find the price listed anywhere.

I just thought I'd pass this little tidbit along for those new to HAL that hadn't heard about it.

Yes -- we have known all that you mentioned for years.

That $7 per day per cabin is for the Caribbean and most other places. But in Europe it is about $9 per day per cabin.

Laundry by the bag is more expensive in Europe -- $30 per bag compared to $20 per bag most everywhere else.

I did laundry by the bag in Europe last July— only $20. Did that change?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess one person's bargain is another's high cost.

Since the pricing is per cabin, as a solo it seems ridiculously high. I probably would only send out a very limited number of things to the ship's laundry, perhaps one bag in a week (7 days) -- for $49? No thanks....!

I get free laundry as a past passenger on one line. I have yet to make use of it, four cruises later...

Is this price for everyone or only people with a certain cruise status

The price is for everyone including first timers and that's $7 per stateroom not per person. My DW and I usually put a full bag in every other day. It is so nice not to think about having to do laundry on a cruise!

I guess one person's bargain is another's high cost.

Since the pricing is per cabin, as a solo it seems ridiculously high. I probably would only send out a very limited number of things to the ship's laundry, perhaps one bag in a week (7 days) -- for $49? No thanks....!

I get free laundry as a past passenger on one line. I have yet to make use of it, four cruises later...

For your one bag $20 might be acceptable. We go the all-you-can-fit-in-the-bag-for-$20 route. Perhaps every fourth day - it's amazing how much does fit - and gratifying how well it is done.

For your one bag $20 might be acceptable. We go the all-you-can-fit-in-the-bag-for-$20 route. Perhaps every fourth day - it's amazing how much does fit - and gratifying how well it is done.

Is it weird that I’m really looking forward to stuffing the bag? So relieved not to have to worry about getting an extra pair or jeans or pants in suitcase for Alaska cruise! Cold weather clothes take up so much more room than shorts and tank tops!

I'm a first-time HAL cruiser. I'll be on Veendam Canada/NE itinerary later this year. Do we have to ask about the laundry bag deal? I would just need laundry done once during a 7-day cruise. Other cruise lines offer the bag special for $25-30 and I'm happy to pay for it. Do we get the option of picking the bag special or paying $7 per day? Do we ask our room steward? Thanks.

I'm a first-time HAL cruiser. I'll be on Veendam Canada/NE itinerary later this year. Do we have to ask about the laundry bag deal? I would just need laundry done once during a 7-day cruise. Other cruise lines offer the bag special for $25-30 and I'm happy to pay for it. Do we get the option of picking the bag special or paying $7 per day? Do we ask our room steward? Thanks.

There will be a laundry bag with a price list in your cabin. The pertinant rates should be on the price list, but if not, you can confirm it with your steward or with Guest Relations. If you choose the daily rate ($7 per day for your cruise), then you will be charged for all the days of your cruise (a total of $49 for your 7 day cruise). You can't just pay $7 for one or two days. If you want laundry done just once or twice, you are better off doing the "by the bag" rate of $20 per bag.

Yes, you can choose. Just ask your room steward when you get to your room and meet him.

How big is the $20 bag?

It’s large. I managed to get probably 6 days of clothes in there (in Northern Europe where I was wearing long pants and long sleeves). The second time I washed my sweatshirt so that took up a lot of room.

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Used it on our 18-day Hawai‘i cruise. Best thing we did.

We like to change clothes after going ashore. It’s amazing what contact our clothes have while in a port of call. Always get clean clothes on after coming back onboard. We feel it helps the spreading of unnecessary germs.

Will use it on our 7-day cruise too. Then we have all clean laundry when we return home.

Items are washed per your directions. Be sure to be specific on wash methods. We stated cold water for all items, and no items shrank.

Also helps to leave a buck or two when submitting the laundry to your steward. We kind we get same-day service sometimes.

How big is the $20 bag?

My DW and I can put two full days of clothes in one bag which on average will include 3 pairs of pants, 2 polo shirts, 2 blouses, 2 days worth of undies to include undershirts and maybe a washable light jacket she wears.