Loyalty not rewarded

Toronto Guy

So I get the email today about the Flash Sale for onboard purchases like internet, drink packages, spa etc. Of course internet 20% discount is not stackable with elite 30% discount...which really is the stupidest thing ever. If I have a drink package the elite cocktail hour is pointless for me, and can’t even get more than a measly 10% extra off the internet than a newbie. So why bother even having a loyalty program? If they’re going to undermine all the earned perks of loyalty they may as well just scrap Captains Club entirely. There is clearly minimal benefit sticking with this line.

Sooo... getting an even bigger discount on the Internet use compared to the sale price isn't a benefit for Elites? And for those Elites who like a cocktail or 2 but don't want a drink package; you think they see no benefit in that Elite perk?

And you're assuming these discounts were offered fleet wide on every sailing. I've got news for you: they weren't.

Sooo... getting an even bigger discount on the Internet use compared to the sale price isn't a benefit for Elites? And for those Elites who like a cocktail or 2 but don't want a drink package; you think they see no benefit in that Elite perk?

And you're assuming these discounts were offered fleet wide on every sailing. I've got news for you: they weren't.[/

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying - I’m interested in my loyalty perks the way i Cruise, not protecting somebody else’s. I guess that sounds selfish, but I’m all for flexibility however you like to cruise and being rewarded for your loyalty. It seems if I spend more to get package etc I’m penalized over those who don’t. Dumb in my opinion.

I’m with you. Just got off a celebrity ship that was overrun with elites. 3 drink coupons per day, because too many elites. Couldn’t get into senior officer party, cosmos lounge crammed full, standing room only. Chatted with two different couples who were both on their very first celebrity cruise, having been bestowed the elite status due to their Royal Caribbean sailings. I had not thought the benefits were transferable in that direction. We paid for our elite status the long way (read more expensive) by being loyal to celebrity. Up till now. To hear these newbies complain about the drink coupons (which were implemented on this sailing only due the larger number...), was pretty funny. All four said: they promised us unlimited cocktail hour.

Ps this was our last ever celebrity cruise. If you’re bored, look up #celebritycruisesfail on FB or Twitter. No loyalty has been showed to us, we’re moving away from celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. I think the issue is that the loyalty program has not kept pace with the innovations and sales promotions. When Lee Moreau was In charge of loyalty she was on top of this stuff. Best ever. She got it. Now they are slipping without her. I like the product, just don’t see advantage of staying loyal now to be honest. We are already stretching to do another cruise with them after a couple less than stellar experiences so this might be the last one.

Sorry to hear this. I think the issue is that the loyalty program has not kept pace with the innovations and sales promotions. When Lee Moreau was In charge of loyalty she was on top of this stuff. Best ever. She got it. Now they are slipping without her. I like the product, just don’t see advantage of staying loyal now to be honest. We are already stretching to do another cruise with them after a couple less than stellar experiences so this might be the last one.

Yep. And we’re only a few points from elite PLUS. The most useless loyalty level ever [emoji848]🤷

Not planning to get there.

Yep. And we’re only a few points from elite PLUS. The most useless loyalty level ever [emoji848]🤷

Not planning to get there.

Same with us and I’m in no hurry to make that level for sure. Why bother.

I understand somewhat. But, I don't worry about what other people get, only about me. If I liked the 30% off before, just because they offer someone else 20% off, it doesn't affect me.

I got to Elite based on the product and was OK with the benefits or I wouldn't have pursued them. So just because someone else gets a sale my opinion doesn't change since my benefits didn't change. I am still OK with them. Would I like more? Sure, but that wasn't the deal when I signed up.

Just my 2 cents

I understand somewhat. But, I don't worry about what other people get, only about me. If I liked the 30% off before, just because they offer someone else 20% off, it doesn't affect me.

I got to Elite based on the product and was OK with the benefits or I wouldn't have pursued them. So just because someone else gets a sale my opinion doesn't change since my benefits didn't change. I am still OK with them. Would I like more? Sure, but that wasn't the deal when I signed up.

Just my 2 cents

Fair enough. I just see it as a lack of incentive to return.

I've said it before. ALL businesses need to constantly attract new customers. Yes, loyalty matters and you want to keep those regulars. But they have to keep filling the pot with new fish.

Things will continue to evolve in whatever way Celebrity management believes they will attract NEW customers - either new to cruising or from other cruise lines.

I don't mean to be rude, but a lot (not all) of those super elite loyalty folks are older now. They will not be around forever. And many of them have the disposable money to go up to a more luury cruise line.

I suppose that if the only reason you sail on Celebrity is for the Elite perks, and you no longer find any value in those perks, then you should definitely move on to another cruise line with a better loyalty program.

I find the 90 minutes free internet extended to 180 minutes because my wife is also Elite more than adequate to check emails throughout a 14 day cruise. If I need to check more details I can do so ashore at a free Internet site. I find it absolutely amazing that over a 14 day period people cant be without the internet. How did we ever cope 10 - 15 years ago when it wasn't readily available or was very expensive. If the excuse is I need it for work then pay up and shut up. Its a deductible expense.

We are Elite and will never get to Elite Plus, just not enough time or money to get there. We enjoy our combined two bags of laundry and an additional one for $20 each. WE nearly always have a drinks package as a perk but on our upcoming trans Pacific we wont so will utilise the Cocktail hour accordingly. We would actually prefer to have the coupons rather than the hour as we can stock up our fridge for drinks during the day with our 6 coupons.

There are more ways to skin a cat than using cream.

By the way we have never used another cruise line and as long as the perks are in place for no additional cost then we probably wont either. I know perks are built into the price but costs on other cruise lines are comparable without the perks anyway

We know some folks get into this "loyalty thing" and somehow feel special because they have taken a few cruises with a particular line. We have cruised on 14 lines (our 15th line is booked) and are in pretty high frequent cruiser categories on many (including Elite Plus on X). Big deal! We book cruises because we like the itinerary and sometimes even the ship. But a few perks has never influenced our choice of cruises. My issue with X is not about a few extra perks but rather the steady slow degradation in just about everything we used to treasure on X. We have called it a slow "death by a thousand cuts (backs)" which seems to have coincided with regime of LLP.

I would gladly give up all our Elite Plus perks if Celebrity would go back to the quality (and quantity) of cuisine we used to enjoy on the line. X built their reputation around their cuisine....but now we would rate them no better than HAL or Princess and in some respects not as good as those two lines.

Hank

We know some folks get into this "loyalty thing" and somehow feel special because they have taken a few cruises with a particular line. We have cruised on 14 lines (our 15th line is booked) and are in pretty high frequent cruiser categories on many (including Elite Plus on X). Big deal! We book cruises because we like the itinerary and sometimes even the ship. But a few perks has never influenced our choice of cruises. My issue with X is not about a few extra perks but rather the steady slow degradation in just about everything we used to treasure on X. We have called it a slow "death by a thousand cuts (backs)" which seems to have coincided with regime of LLP.

I would gladly give up all our Elite Plus perks if Celebrity would go back to the quality (and quantity) of cuisine we used to enjoy on the line. X built their reputation around their cuisine....but now we would rate them no better than HAL or Princess and in some respects not as good as those two lines.

Hank

Agree completely.

Perhaps Celebrity has a business plan to replace frequent cruisers with new cruisers who don't get any of the perks. New cruisers cost less to keep satisfied and don't know how much better the former experience was. As long as the ships are filled while the economy is booming, there is no need to enhance benefits to retain the ageing long time cruiser.

Just wait for the price of oil to pass the old $80. threshold... those were the good old days.. ;)

We are Elite Plus and use almost all the perks, the drinks, free laundry, 240 minutes of internet, etc. If you get sucked in by the Big, Better, Best promo, you are diluting the perks yourself. The people who are happy with what's offered shouldn't have to suffer because others have no use for them and feel entitled to the point they feel the cruise line should change the offerings to fit their self centered need.

We are Elite Plus and use almost all the perks, the drinks, free laundry, 240 minutes of internet, etc. If you get sucked in by the Big, Better, Best promo, you are diluting the perks yourself. The people who are happy with what's offered shouldn't have to suffer because others have no use for them and feel entitled to the point they feel the cruise line should change the offerings to fit their self centered need.

Wow. Pull your fangs in. Its not getting sucked in by the big better best promo - it’s what is offered when we book. Usually at the same price as it would be without taking them in our situation. Back to the original point - it is not a 30 percent discount for loyalty if everybody gets 20 percent discount regardless of loyalty on your cruise. It is a 10 percent discount if youre elite and no discount if you are Select. It is silly. There is also no need to be nasty. Bad day?

It is a great perk for the bottom feeders that only book the cheapest cabins and always look for the cheapest rates and deals that got to Elite Plus before the change. You got one point for each cruise no matter how long.

Sorry but your recollection is incomplete...

Celebrity changed from a Cruise Point based system for measuring loyalty to their current Cruise Credit based system for measuring loyalty on 23 November 2013...

• Under the former Cruise Point methodology...
    • One Point was awarded for each cruise of any duration...
    • An additional point was awarded if sailing Concierge Class, AquaClass, or in a suite...
    • An additional point--to a maximum of three per sailing--was awarded for cruises of twelve nights or longer...
      • A Captain's Club member reached Elite level after earning 10 Cruise Points...

Each Cruise Point earned under the former system was converted to thirty Cruise Credits under the new system for effect on 23 November 2013... At the same time, the Elite + and Zenith membership tier levels with expanded benefits were added; the benefits associated with Elite membership--as previously defined--did not change...

It is a great perk for the bottom feeders that only book the cheapest cabins and always look for the cheapest rates and deals that got to Elite Plus before the change. You got one point for each cruise no matter how long.

They are now Elite Plus and get many good perks like espresso drinks, Elite breakfast with drinks and the HH.

They continue to be bottom feeders and are happy with it . Don’t find any fault with it as they are taking advantage of everything.

Personally I would rather pay a little more and at least have a veranda. If it cost a few dollars more for the extra perks I will also pay the extra as the cost is often less then the benefits and value of enjoying a balcony.

We mostly sail in AQ and always walk past the Elite breakfast but rarely go in and if we do after breakfast no one ever checks. HINT HINT HINT

It is ironic that when Elite level was achieved all of the cruises after included the drink pack. The other perks don’t amount to much and the laundry is useless on a 7 day cruise unless you take dirty laundry with you😱. The only perk that we basically use is the internet and on our last cruise that was 14 days we had 220 minutes remaining from our 240 (Elite Plus). We did us our laundry on that one.

Not complaining but telling it like it is

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

"bottom feeders"? :o

So I get the email today about the Flash Sale for onboard purchases like internet, drink packages, spa etc. Of course internet 20% discount is not stackable with elite 30% discount...which really is the stupidest thing ever. If I have a drink package the elite cocktail hour is pointless for me, and can’t even get more than a measly 10% extra off the internet than a newbie. So why bother even having a loyalty program? If they’re going to undermine all the earned perks of loyalty they may as well just scrap Captains Club entirely. There is clearly minimal benefit sticking with this line.

I was on Anthem Of The Seas in February. They offered a special price for unlimited internet for the last 4 days of the cruise at around $56. Diamond level members (=Elite on Celebrity) get one day free internet as a benefit. They were able to apply the full value of one day use ($22) against the price of the special, or net cost of $34. (amounts are approximate). I did that using my remaining OBC. The point is Elite members should get the "full value of the benefit", paying 70% of the discounted price. Celebrity will make a lot more money by having many more Elite members using the internet on board beyond the free allowance.

They are now Elite Plus and get many good perks like espresso drinks, Elite breakfast with drinks and the HH.

They continue to be bottom feeders and are happy with it . Don’t find any fault with it as they are taking advantage of everything.

Personally I would rather pay a little more and at least have a veranda. If it cost a few dollars more for the extra perks I will also pay the extra as the cost is often less then the benefits and value of enjoying a balcony.

We mostly sail in AQ and always walk past the Elite breakfast but rarely go in and if we do after breakfast no one ever checks. HINT HINT HINT

It is ironic that when Elite level was achieved all of the cruises after included the drink pack. The other perks don’t amount to much and the laundry is useless on a 7 day cruise unless you take dirty laundry with you😱. The only perk that we basically use is the internet and on our last cruise that was 14 days we had 220 minutes remaining from our 240 (Elite Plus). We did us our laundry on that one.

Not complaining but telling it like it is

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

What an absolutely arrogant comment. "Bottom feeders" - Who do you think you are criticising those who choose to stay in a particular cabin on a cruise ship. It is sanctimonious people like you who create class distinction where there is none. I have never chosen to use an AQ cabin for a number of reasons principally because I dint believe it offers value for money. Does that mean that I am a bottom feeder. If you are so conscious of living and eating near the top of the waves why aren't you cruising in a Penthouse suite. Time you crawled back into whatever hole you crawled out of.

Not complaining by the way just saying how it is

Wow, what an obnoxious self righteous topic! The TS seems to think that their elite status translates into the elite life status! The perks are there for those who wants them, but that does not mean that other people are not entitled to a good thing too! Especially since they are paying for it! From any business perspective- if you need more sales, you offer a discount or incentive. There are plenty of X itineraries that are so popular that no other insensitive are needed. But for others - it is better to extend a discount to newbies in order to sell more packages. If you extend extra benefit to loyalty programs that the benefit is diluted. Simple really.

Perhaps it is the “spoilt brat “ attitude which causes these outbursts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro