Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I have noticed numerous threads about the Aft of the Grand Class ships; I was bored and wanted to put together a reference guide for the Crown, Emerald and Ruby Ships. Feel free to add to it. I am visual person so I hope this helps all out there that are looking to book an aft balcony of some kind

Pictured below is the Crown Princess

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215974952

:( I see no photos:confused: all I see is photo not found.

:( I see no photos:confused: all I see is photo not found.

This thread started in 2 0 0 8.

Since then, the photo websites that the original poster and others used, have unfortunately shut down.

Some of the more recent posts have reposted a couple of the aft photos with the cabin numbers on them, however unfortunately most of the original photos are no longer available.

in 2009 we were in D736 on the Ruby Princess - here are a few pictures of the balcony area I took at the time - IMO it is the best cabin we have stayed in on any of our cruises.

The "dreaded beam" in no way intruded on our space.

We heard no noise from any vents.

We incurred no smell from such vents.

In short the balcony in this room was supurb

[ATTACH]394582[/ATTACH]

The dreaded beam

[ATTACH]394583[/ATTACH]

Another view of the dreaded beam

[ATTACH]394584[/ATTACH]

I had the same cabin in 2012 and loved it. The beam was not a problem for us either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Didn't know they had mini suites on the Emerald deck until we were assigned one. Any pictures out there???

These are the best minis. They are the same layout as all the other minis. They have a large covered balcony. There are only 12 of these that are covered. They go fast so if you see one grab it. They are in a quiet dead end passageway.

The last one on each side (E-730/731)have an extended balcony.

• 2 months later...
hi

please can you tell me if the balcony or room is noisy or smelly from the vents or engines. Thanks

I have been in this cabin many times (D736-Vista Suite) on many different ships and it is wonderful. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures to share , but I will be spending 29 days in this cabin on the Emerald Princess in April. The only noise is from the thrusters when you leave or come into port. No smells or vent as it is on the outside edge of the ship, port side. Deck above and below are more cabins. The depth of balcony is the largest of any of the decks on the aft. There is one beam that blocks the view from the living room, but once in the cabin, you don't even notice it.. Hope that helps.

• 7 months later...
I have been in this cabin many times (D736-Vista Suite) on many different ships and it is wonderful. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures to share , but I will be spending 29 days in this cabin on the Emerald Princess in April. The only noise is from the thrusters when you leave or come into port. No smells or vent as it is on the outside edge of the ship, port side. Deck above and below are more cabins. The depth of balcony is the largest of any of the decks on the aft. There is one beam that blocks the view from the living room, but once in the cabin, you don't even notice it.. Hope that helps.

D737

dDB5qxMowDxT1o1nsDGfSRIcXJXw8Xjaa3-1S-f8rK0=w797-h600-no

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
in 2009 we were in D736 on the Ruby Princess - here are a few pictures of the balcony area I took at the time - IMO it is the best cabin we have stayed in on any of our cruises.

The "dreaded beam" in no way intruded on our space.

We heard no noise from any vents.

We incurred no smell from such vents.

In short the balcony in this room was supurb

[ATTACH]394582[/ATTACH]

The dreaded beam

[ATTACH]394583[/ATTACH]

Another view of the dreaded beam

[ATTACH]394584[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!! I have been on the fence between which room (penthouse aft or vista aft) we should book. these have answered my all questions about the balcony. we spend a great deal of our time on our balcony!

• 3 years later...

You will have the pool area right above you so there may be scraping chairs and many people looking down to your balcony. There is no overhang/ coverage for the balcony. You can do a search for images of the Caribbean Princess (aft views) and check it out.

• 1 year later...

Updating this after 14 years (wow lol) 

We haven't been on Princess in a while, as you can see from my signature, but we are going back on the Caribbean Princess and the Ruby for a Panama Canal Cruise and I found myself looking at a 14 year old thread of mine trying to find where the aft cabins were.  Talk about a strange thing to see.  

I will check out some other ships and do this for them little by little, or if anyone request them, I will make sure to do YouTube Videos on the Cabins - we will be in B748 for the Caribbean Princess and C752 for the Ruby Princess. 

1879965387_RubyPrincessaft.png.645c31aee58c7c0b6394574539c3d720.png

• Like 1

@flvol77thank you very much for doing this. The picture of the Diamond is particularly great as it also shows those last cabins on the side!  I’m taking B750 on the Diamond this January.  

I’ve stayed in most categories of the aft facing suites on the Grand and Ruby.  FWIW, my favorite (of course excluding the owner suite) is the Aloha deck penthouse suites. A750/751. No smells, no noise from above, the wake noise is evident but not too loud and the vibrations are less. 

Least favorite are the caribe deck PH in the middle next to the vents. On both Grand & Ruby I’ve had really bad food smells….could not use the balcony or leave the doors open anytime the kitchens were cooking.  I will sail in a caribe deck side cabin over those stinky cabins. 

thanks again

NP - The Ruby is completed as of yesterday so that is up to date.  I will probably see if I can find some royalty free better aft pictures and update them.  

It was just funny googling Caribbean Princess aft pictures and seeing a thread I did 14 plus years ago, sorry I didn't keep them updated,  if anything should happen like that again, anyone is more than welcome to send me a DM.   But, these should be good since I updated them through the website and not a hosting site. 

On 11/1/2022 at 12:58 AM, flvol77 said:

Updating this after 14 years (wow lol) 

We haven't been on Princess in a while, as you can see from my signature, but we are going back on the Caribbean Princess and the Ruby for a Panama Canal Cruise and I found myself looking at a 14 year old thread of mine trying to find where the aft cabins were.  Talk about a strange thing to see.  

I will check out some other ships and do this for them little by little, or if anyone request them, I will make sure to do YouTube Videos on the Cabins - we will be in B748 for the Caribbean Princess and C752 for the Ruby Princess. 

1879965387_RubyPrincessaft.png.645c31aee58c7c0b6394574539c3d720.png

We have our first Princess cruise booked. I’m unfamiliar with cabin categories. What category are these cabins?