1st time cruisers on Harmony last week

jknc

We selected Harmony for our first ever cruise for myself, spouse and 3 kids ages 6-11. We all had a fantastic time overall.

We had such a great first time, I am concerned a future cruise may not live up to what we just experienced.

What ship would you recommend we take for our next cruise?

We prefer ships where we can all partake in activities from the pools, to slides and shows etc.

We selected Harmony for our first ever cruise for myself, spouse and 3 kids ages 6-11. We all had a fantastic time overall.

We had such a great first time, I am concerned a future cruise may not live up to what we just experienced.

We prefer ships where we can all partake in activities from the pools, to slides and shows etc.

Symphony of the Seas. :)

I've had a habit of going on the same ship again, usually because as I walk off I promise myself and family we'll be back. So nothing wrong with doing the same one. I did FOS 3 years in a row before I moved up to Oasis.

Last year when I walked onto the Harmony, after being on both the Allure and the Oasis beforehand, I was AMAZED and called other family back home and BOOKED while on last Spring's May cruise for this AUGUST again on Harmony!!

There is NOTHING wrong with going on Harmony again, I'm sure you didn't see it all, I know I didn't on my first week!!

Happy sailing - and Welcome to the cruise addiction!

My dh 1st cruise was on allure, I had 1/2 a dozen already under my belt. We have since done 4 more together after allure ... and ALL I hear is... not even close, so we are headed back to rcl and the harmony in Nov.

Sorry I think you will be disappointed with others ships and other lines IF what y'all loved, were exclusive to oasis class ships... nothing compares

Does it have to be RCI? How about NCL Bliss? Brand new ... has a go kart track. Getting rave reviews on it's maiden voyages.

Bliss looks cool, but its the entertainment that leaves me concerned.

Last year when I walked onto the Harmony, after being on both the Allure and the Oasis beforehand, I was AMAZED and called other family back home and BOOKED while on last Spring's May cruise for this AUGUST again on Harmony!!

There is NOTHING wrong with going on Harmony again, I'm sure you didn't see it all, I know I didn't on my first week!!

Happy sailing - and Welcome to the cruise addiction! [/q

Tell me if I am wrong, assume we do Harmony again in 2019, the shows (Grease, 1887, Columbus, Fine Line, Hideaway Heist) would all still be running, correct?

Tell me if I am wrong, assume we do Harmony again in 2019, the shows (Grease, 1887, Columbus, Fine Line, Hideaway Heist) would all still be running, correct?

Why would you do Harmony again? Book Symphony. Similar ship but upgrades on a lot of things along with a different line up of entertainment. That way you get familiar, yet new.

Why would entertainment leave you concerned?

Doesn’t look like Bliss has as many offerings.

On Harmony we had a show almost nightly.

Sat - Grease

Monday - Fine Line

Tues - Headliner

Wed - 1887

Thurs - Columbus

Friday - Heist and family comedy show

Kids loved going to dinner and a show daily, except Tuesday when youngest asked to go to Kids Club.

Doesn’t look like Bliss has as many offerings.

On Harmony we had a show almost nightly.

Sat - Grease

Monday - Fine Line

Tues - Headliner

Wed - 1887

Thurs - Columbus

Friday - Heist and family comedy show

Kids loved going to dinner and a show daily, except Tuesday when youngest asked to go to Kids Club.

If the entertainment on Bliss is as terrible as Escape, then you would be very much disappointed. Nothing compares to the shows on Oasis class. If that's important to you, them definitely stick with this class of ship.

The shows most likely will be the same.

As to the original question, based on your interest I would say another Oasis class ship or a Freedom class ship.

We actually haven't been on a cruise ship with Royal that we didn't like. But if you loved the Harmony I would say try the other Oasis Class ships. We loved the Allure and have sailed on her numerous times! This year we are trying Harmony. If you want to try something a little different, I recommend the Freedom. We absolutely love the Freedom!

Bliss looks cool, but its the entertainment that leaves me concerned.

Entertainment on the Bliss looks FANTASTIC!! Jersey Boys is apparently great, and so are the Beatles band, and if you watch the review of Jim Zim on YouTube (see below) you will see he RAVES about the Bliss food & entertainment..I was on the NCL Getaway last Nov, and all 4 of us thought this was perhaps the best cruise ever, and we are RCI Diamond members..free booze, 3 free specialty dining venues...and that Observation Lounge looks stunning...Jim said both the comedians & live music were all great...give it a try IMO!!

Big Al

Edited by big al
grammar

I remember my first cruise was on the Carnival Destiny (now the Sunshine) when it was new and the largest ship at that time. I remember as we approached the ship how amazing it looked. Also the Cruise Director was the John Heard. I thought, after the cruise, what else is there? We just experienced a great Cruise Director and the largest ship out there. Well, a whole bunch of cruises later, we have experienced other great cruises on large and small ships. We have also experienced wonderful Cruise Directors. Every cruise experience will be different even on the same ship. We will be on the Harmony on 9/15/2018 and I cannot wait. Explore and have fun!

As the old saying goes, 'Even the WORST cruise around is better than ONE day at the office'. Just pick one, even if you've sailed her OR the same class, on even a smaller ship. The LOVE comes from just being aboard and being spoiled (for adults) if you've got kids, then you want too consider a ship with a mini water park and other family diversions everybody can enjoy together. We adults, sometimes like too port sightsee, but younger folks can become bored easily. Only you know what they might enjoy. They're old enough to add to the family discussion. Either way, sooo glad you enjoyed your first cruise !! Try not to compare the one you're on with past cruises, just ENJOY ! And plan for the next. We only get too come this way once.

Mac

If you enjoyed Harmony for everything the ship has to offer and if that is what you are looking for on your next cruise, then you should either go back on Harmony or try Symphony. Any other ship will just have less to offer.

Choose a different kind of ship only if you feel like experiencing something else.