For the 2nd time in 4 months Celebrity has cancelled a cruise on us

caymancouple

Flying is hard, so when we go to Florida we like to cruise for awhile. In August, we are doing 18 days. One cruise on the Allure and another on the Equinox. In January, of 2019 I booked 3 cruises B2B2B. In April of 2019 I booked a B2B2B. In March of this year, Celebrity informed me they cancelled the MIDDLE of our 3 in January, and now today they inform me they have cancelled the first of our 3 in April.

I understand business and making money... but my question is why can they not protect the promotion I booked under? In both cases I booked cruises that came with tips, internet, and $300 OBC. But, in both cases, when they cancelled my cruise and gave me a week to choose another those benefits were not being offered. URRRRRRR. I would book another week in August to what we are already doing, but C has no promotion going... so I get a whole $100 obc for my pain. I lose tips, internet, and $200. stupid business practice, stupid customer service.

Agree, I would be pissed. And yea, they can change the cruises but like you, I feel they should give you the deal you already have.

Can you raise it up the corporate ladder?

How? I am on vacation, I have no way to write a letter... I wrote an email, but the email addresses I found (3) here on Cruise Critic, were all kicked back as no longer working.

Flying is hard, so when we go to Florida we like to cruise for awhile. In August, we are doing 18 days. One cruise on the Allure and another on the Equinox. In January, of 2019 I booked 3 cruises B2B2B. In April of 2019 I booked a B2B2B. In March of this year, Celebrity informed me they cancelled the MIDDLE of our 3 in January, and now today they inform me they have cancelled the first of our 3 in April.

I understand business and making money... but my question is why can they not protect the promotion I booked under? In both cases I booked cruises that came with tips, internet, and $300 OBC. But, in both cases, when they cancelled my cruise and gave me a week to choose another those benefits were not being offered. URRRRRRR. I would book another week in August to what we are already doing, but C has no promotion going... so I get a whole $100 obc for my pain. I lose tips, internet, and $200. stupid business practice, stupid customer service.

So am I correct that you just received word now (July) that cruises on the Equinox in 2019 have been cancelled.

If I has misread this can you please elaborate on the Celebrity Ship (Equinox???) and the actual dates of your cancelled cruises.

Thanks.

Had the same thing happen. We were originally booked on the Infinity for a 5 night cruise in Jan 2019. Got a notice that the ship had been chartered, rebooked for April 13 2019, which was one of the alternate dates they were offering, now that date has been cancelled due to another charter. The remaining dates they are offering just don’t work for us. I am very disappointed. We had a great rate and great perks for this cruise and there are no other deals close to what we had. I’m just glad that I hadn’t already booked my flights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Had the same thing happen. We were originally booked on the Infinity for a 5 night cruise in Jan 2019. Got a notice that the ship had been chartered, rebooked for April 13 2019, which was one of the alternate dates they were offering, now that date has been cancelled due to another charter. The remaining dates they are offering just don’t work for us. I am very disappointed. We had a great rate and great perks for this cruise and there are no other deals close to what we had. I’m just glad that I hadn’t already booked my flights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

that is the exact same 2 cruises they have cancelled on us.

I can’t even imagine how frustrating this is, particularly the one that was the middle of the B2B2B. Was there any other X cruise that could fill the gap? Or even part of the gap or were you not given that option?

The B2B2B with the first leg chartered were any options to add a Cruise at the end offered?

We frequently do B2Bs and so far have been lucky, had a couple of times that a cruise dropped off X sites as well as TA sites only to reappear a month or so later. We have a B2B booked for October 2019 and the first leg has disappeared from any website, could be a charter in the works. Fortunately for us it’s not a cruise we would be too upset about missing and we won’t be buying air until about 4 months before the cruise.

We were also on the April 13 sailing and it's the 2nd time for us too! We were booked on the Infinity February 9 sailing that was "chartered", so we moved to April 13, which was one of the price-protected dates they offered. Now, the April date is "chartered" and one of the dates they offered was February 9. The other dates offered were early December and early January. Those dates are just not comparable to a "spring break" cruise, especially when we are cruising with our children. After we got booted from the original February sailing, we made plans for that weekend. Fortunately, those plans are not terribly important, but I am very frustrated with Celebrity. This also happened to us in 2016 on the Summit, just not twice on the same booking! I love Celebrity, but this makes me rethink my brand loyalty! If they are going to continue to cancel cruises for charters, they should take better care of those of us affected by the changes.

So frustrating for you.....

If you can’t find a suitable replacement cruise why not just enjoy some time in Florida....we tend to combine every cruise with either a week in the Orlando area, a drive down through the Keys or a trip to the Gulf Coast...

Alternatively why not try another cruise line....

Celebrity cancelled our cruise for the 2nd time as well. We are 4 couples travelling from Canada and had originally booked the Feb. 11/19 sailing of Infinity back in July of 2017. They offered selected sailings to substitute and we chose the April 13/19 sailing because the other options just did not work.

Yesterday we got word that the April sailing was now chartered and offered us more undesirable sailings to switch to. We all have our flights booked and flights to Florida from our area are around $800- each. We have also booked off vacation time that cannot be changed.

I feel like going to the media to spread the word to " Book Celebrity at your own Risk" !! Who should we talk to in Corporate because we need to get this problem solved. We booked through a travel agent but they have no power with Celebrity. Please help. Thanks

It's very unfortunate, but chartering a whole ship is fantastic business. The ship charters tend to travel less distance and the entertainment teams get a bit of a "let off" as the company's chartering the ships make other arrangements. Happy days for Celebrity and their bottom line.

It's very unfortunate, but chartering a whole ship is fantastic business. The ship charters tend to travel less distance and the entertainment teams get a bit of a "let off" as the company's chartering the ships make other arrangements. Happy days for Celebrity and their bottom line.

Gee, and an opportunity to screw loyal customers!

I know it may be very inconvenient and maybe too late at that but all customer service reps down at Celebrity are not created equal.

I was in a similar situation almost three years ago where they chartered out my 14 night sailing ... turned it into a 9 night sailing followed by a 5 night charter. We were also booked on the 15 night sailing right after this ... so what to do on that 5 nights that interrupted our 29 night sailing. Thankfully, we live nearby the port so no air was involved but it just put a snaffoo in our plans. We;d have had to pack everything back up, go home and head back to the port to continue or sailing. Well, we didn't do it ... we decided to go on the 9 night sailing and call it a day. So glad we did ... but that's not really the point.

When they first canceled the sailing, we were given an option of different sailings we could take. The first rep I spoke with, probably after getting yelled at by many others before me, was completely unhelpful. After speaking to about 5 more different reps, I finally got one that was extremely helpful and went to bat for us. He not only got me better pricing but also reinstated all the perks from my original booking. Some were just not willing to go that extra mile but he was. If you have the opportunity, take it up the ladder and call back again if you are not getting your results that you think are fair. I completely empathize with you and sorry this had to happen. With a little due diligence, you may get back what you feel is rightfully yours.

This is odd. I did a mock booking for the Equinox April 13 sailing and it lets me make all the selections, up to where you pay your deposit.

Then I logged on and went to my reservation and all the info for that cruise is still there.

I tried to look for charters from that month and couldn't find any. I use a Celebrity vacation planner so hope we can change everything around without any hassle.

The cancelled sailing is for the April 13/19 Infinity sailing and not the Equinox. We are trying to get Celebrity to work with us regarding rebooking on the Equinox.

Have you had any luck. Celebrity called me today and basically said go take a flying leap.

Have you had any luck. Celebrity called me today and basically said go take a flying leap.

We rebooked on the Equinox...for a heftier price & lower cabin category. (Sky Suite —> Concierge class)

Pros: We did get a decent deal with good perks. Plus...The Equinox is 7-nights instead of 5 & has a much nicer itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums