Cagney's - Whipped "Butter" - What Is It Really?

logan25

Just disembarked the Jade. Ate dinner several times at Cagney's. Partook of the bread and whipped "butter" on several occasions. I did not think it tasted like butter, real butter. In fact, I did not think it tasted like anything, kind of like whipped air. What do you think?

I ate once at Le Bistro. Ate the bread and butter. Now that tasted like butter, authentic butter.

Just disembarked the Jade. Ate dinner several times at Cagney's. Partook of the bread and whipped "butter" on several occasions. I did not think it tasted like butter, real butter. In fact, I did not think it tasted like anything, kind of like whipped air. What do you think?

I ate once at Le Bistro. Ate the bread and butter. Now that tasted like butter, authentic butter.

It is butter but it has been "whipped" with air or gas to make it more spreadable.

I personally hate it. To me it has no taste (probably because by whipping it, it contains less butterfat). When whipped it gives it more volume without adding the butterfat. I like the butterfat!!!:hearteyes:

Whenever I get the "whipped" butter, I always ask for packets of butter.

In my experience, butter when added to a recipe, without any other overpowering competition, carries a distinct flavor note of butter. I cook with butter and without butter. I still detected no butter flavor in the whipped version at Cagney's.

Next time I will request identifiable (by label and by taste) butter be served to me.

Lots of times the scoop of whipped butter on a steak is UNSALTED and has very little taste.

bosco

To make it easier to whip and aerate the butter used is also often bulk butter blend, unsalted and with some oil mixed in. Think Smart Balance. It's butter but generally not very good butter. Where as President was ranked as a top butter in a recent article I read...