Do people decorate their stateroom doors?

tinybiny

I would never put it on my door, but I saved it once since people seem to have trouble finding it on the CC web site

FYI...On Princess it’s called a Meet & Greet. The sign you found is used with other cruise lines. Many people aren’t aware that Princess uses the term “Meet & Greet”.

Thanks for posting.

I’ve seen a copy of the Meet & Greet sign before but couldn’t find one doing a search.

Tom😎

• 1 month later...
Just how many people CAN NOT print their boarding docs because of a broken HAL web interface ??? We cannot even see them.

Two suggestions. 1. Clear your browser cache and history (if you don't know how to do this you can Google specific instructions for your particular browser). If that does not work try using a different browser (i.e. IE10, Opera, etc). If you are using an Apple Device....get a real computer :) (only teasing).

Hank

I ALWAYS decorate my door. We ALWAYS cruise at Christmas and we get lots of compliments. We do the cabin too and our steward always brings his colleagues to see our room. I have recently discovered "Garage Door Magnets" which make it sure easy.

Not sure what to do for my April cruise on Royal, but I will come up with something generic. I often walk down other decks just to see door decorations. Part of the fun in cruising for me.

We always cruise during the Super Bowl. I always decorate my cabin door with all my Patriots magnets.

The only thing is I can hear all the booing out side the door...:D :D:D

Go Patriots!!! Hi Lew.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Interesting to note the lines prohibiting stickers and magnets on cabin doors due fire hazards. Strange, that doesn't seem to deter them from stuffing your in-basket with reams of cheap paper loaded with advertisements for art exhibits, gift shop sails, duty free booze, etc.

I have only previously sailed Disney and it is normal to decorate your stateroom door. I have found that putting up a magnet or 2 makes it a lot easier for me to find my cabin. :o Are the door magnetic and if so, do people decorate their doors?

I never decorate our door(too corny). I've also never "misplaced" my cabin, either! The humor aside, I've seen some decorated, usually birthdays/anniversaries/group cruises etc.

We have purchased some car magnets from Vista print to use for door decorations. We've used them on several cruises. Some crew and passengers from previous cruises have spotted them and stopped in to say hello after realizing we were on board.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We do the same!

As a matter of fact, I just ordered 3 of them, one for our door on our upcoming cruise and for our friends' cabin doors! Shhh! It's a surprise!

Makes it easy to find the cabin and I frequently see people stop to read our magnets...admiring them and wishing they had one! LOL! ;):cool:

We do not, but there are many people who do. The reason we don't is because it's just something else to pack, but if you want to, by all means decorate!! I enjoy seeing people's decorations.

I've heard stories about people having their decorations "removed" by someone (not Princess Staff), so I would never put something out there I would be crushed to lose, but I find it to be a nice way to show your personality.

If DH wasn't such a stickler for the luggage, I would probably bring something along. :)

Have fun with you decorating!!

An 8x11 magnet takes up NO space at all!

Not sure how a magnet can damage a magnetic door.

Yes, I print an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with our Cruise Critic name, map of our cruise, name of the cruise and dates, plus the ports of call. Very tasteful and certainly not a door-sized monstrosity. Hopefully it's not offensive to anyone. Lots of people stop to look at it. And no damage to the door. :halo:

Agree!

We just sailed on MSC's new ship, Seaside and the doors are not magnetic. So we used the sticky blue putty stuff and it cam right off with no damage!

We sailed as parent chaperones. One year we sailed the Saturday before Mother's Day. Woke up Sunday morning with a Happy Mother's Day sign and balloons on all the mothers doors.

I always lose my cabin. I am directionally challenged. Planning to put a magnet on my door in May.

• 3 years later...
13 minutes ago, BarbandDaleT said:

I find it amazing that people would say cabin doors are magnetic.  I think they mean they are metal and you can use magnets on the doors.  

Both the stateroom doors & stateroom walls are metal behind  them & yes the magnet's are great. I have a door sign I always use plus I have decorations for my Holiday Cruise on the Ruby. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BarbandDaleT said:

I find it amazing that people would say cabin doors are magnetic.  I think they mean they are metal and you can use magnets on the doors.  

I find it amazing someone would post to a thread with a last post of 45 months ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/14/2021 at 2:16 PM, BarbandDaleT said:

Technically the doors are ferromagnetic. It's not enough to be metal. For instance, aluminium doors would not be ferromagnetic.

• Like 1