3 excurions open and our cruise leaves in a little over 2 months?!

bizeebeth

We are on the Epic at the end of December and they still only have 3 excursions available for our cruise. Anyone else encountering this problem that is leaving in the next few months? I understand that our stops changed, but once they changed them, why not open up the excursions to book? I am specifically miffed about the cabanas not being open to book.

Thanks!

Yes, Breakaway 12/3 has no excursions posted for Port Canaveral, Nassau, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya. We have them posted for Ocho Rios and Great Stirrup Cay. Heard that some have called about their cruises and were told they may not have choices until they board.

As a planner, I hate that. Last year I was on the Bermuda cruise that went to Port Canaveral and Nassau instead. We had a paltry few excursions and they posted a few at a time, so there was a mad scramble, and nobody knew if there would be more or not. Ugly.

I'd really like to book a cabana and also we have the $50 per port credit. I really hope they don't wait until we board to post the excursions! What a nightmare having everyone trying to book at once.

I’ve got a $180 credit sitting on my acct from my canceled excursion in Tortola!

Why don't you all just book a private excursion?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We’ll do our own thing in Grand Cayman, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that in Falmouth-never been there and I hear it can be sketchy. Not getting off the boat in Nassau and clearly have to go thru NCL for GSC.

We’ll do our own thing in Grand Cayman, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that in Falmouth-never been there and I hear it can be sketchy. Not getting off the boat in Nassau and clearly have to go thru NCL for GSC.

I'm with you on Jamaica from what I've read here. Also, forfeited deposit on private excursion I'd booked for a canceled port (didn't demand a refund....these folks have lost both home and livlihood).

TA called for us and I got a refund on one of the two ship's excursions we'd booked. We have not been credited for the other one. My question is will they really have excursions available onboard? The new itinerary must not have contracts in place for excursions or they would be listed online.

We will book most on our own but (1) I want to book a cabana; and (2) because I have the excursion credit, I would at least like to see my options.

I can't believe some of you are on cruises in a month and nothing is listed!!

I’m on Jade 11/27 and only 1 excursion has been posted since last month. (They completely changed our itinerary).

I called my PCC last week and he said he contacted the excursion desk and was informed that there were NOT going to have any excursions for our Cruise. (They can’t get contracts with any tour companies). Some ppl in the roll call have said NCL could not afford to not have any because they make money off of them, but, if they can’t secure contracts there’s nothing they can do. If at the last minute they decide to have some or they come up with something and it interests us, we’ll decide then. In the meantime, we already started making plans and booking excursions independently.

[emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing in mid-December, and there are still NO excursions for 2 of the 5 ports. I am one of those people who is afraid to do tours independent of the cruise line because I don't want to risk missing the boat, but I also don't like staying on the ship when it is in port, so we are at a loss wondering what to do if nothing is scheduled. I am hoping the port itself is interesting or there are interesting things to see within walking distance so we don't have to worry about missing the boat. I was discouraged to read the other post about excursions not being scheduled for some ports.

The ports with no excursions listed are St. Croix and Antigua. Does anyone know if anything worthwhile seeing is within walking distance? Is it highly unlikely that anything will be scheduled at this point this close to sailing? Thanks for the help.

I don’t feel comfortable doing that in Falmouth-never been there and I hear it can be sketchy.
We've visited twice, once with a two year old. You shouldn't wander around the island by yourself because the vendors can be aggressive. Our first trip to Jamaica was on an all-inclusive and people who went on tours that dropped them off a craft markets were very upset. We booked two private tours and had a wonderful time and absolutely no problems. We were in Ocho Rios, not Falmouth so I don't know if these vendors can help you but they were both great:

Ocho Rios Day Tours

and

Barrett Adventures

In Jamaica, the waterfalls are great, and there is a wonderful authentic chain of jerk chicken restaurants throughout the island called Scotchies. If you have kids, Dolphin Cove was very enjoyable.

I am one of those people who is afraid to do tours independent of the cruise line because I don't want to risk missing the boat
We normally book private tours, but were a bit concerned when we traveled to Guatemala. Guatemala charges the cruise ships a lot of money in port fees, so very few cruises stop there and our options for excursions were very limited. I normally can find excursions on TripAdvisor and feel comfortable with the companies offering the tours, but because there were so few cruises to Guatemala there were very few choices. The best company had a very scary experience reported on cruise critic - someone said he almost missed returning to the ship. By coincidence, the Holland America captain's wife and daughter were on their tour and the captain announced he would hold the ship for them, but if they didn't come soon he was going to need to sail without them. Thankfully, they arrived only a little late but I had concerns booking with them. What finally resolved it for me was booking a private tour for just my family. On a private tour, you have complete control over the itinerary. If you are nervous by nature, you can simply request to go back earlier and they'll be happy to drop you off early since they want to make you happy and they're done working earlier. It's more expensive to have a private tour for just your family, but it might be worth it if the alternative is to simply miss the port altogether. We normally do private tours since we travel with our 6 and 2 year old and don't want to ruin everyone else's excursions if our kids melt down, and it often quite close to the price of a ship tours - and usually is less (a group independent excursion is usually a lot cheaper than the ship tours). You should look on trip advisor and then contact the vendors to price out a private excursion so you won't need to worry about anything.

This is nothing new apparently and the issue seems to be with several ships. Our January Escape cruise only has 4 excursions (Jamaica) available to book.

Our March 3 Escape sailing also has only 4 (two in Nassau, and two Bobsled related excursions in Jamaica).

Pretty lame on their part. I understand the difficulty they had in just switching all the ports around, but they're not putting much effort into this - not so much for our sailing, but all those over the next few weeks... wow !

Tom

I’ve got a $180 credit sitting on my acct from my canceled excursion in Tortola!

Although the new ports are not being reflected for the Dec. 12th Gem, I notice that in vacation summary where the number of excursions booked appears next to each port, all of mine are now gone. Does NCL automatically credit the payment card, or do they give you OBC for that cruise?

Although the new ports are not being reflected for the Dec. 12th Gem, I notice that in vacation summary where the number of excursions booked appears next to each port, all of mine are now gone. Does NCL automatically credit the payment card, or do they give you OBC for that cruise?

You have to call NCL and ask them to credit it back to your cc acct. Otherwise it is obc. Took about 10 days to appear.

You have to call NCL and ask them to credit it back to your cc acct. Otherwise it is obc. Took about 10 days to appear.

Thank you for that information. After Maria I called NCL shore exc. to cancel, and was advised to sit tight for now. Had AM/PM excursions booked in St. Thomas, 1 in St. Maarten and 1 in Tortola. I was pretty sure we would not visit the last two.

As long as the OBC is fully refundable I am good with leaving it as is. I pay my cc off every month, so these charges are not accruing interest. I would just as soon not deal with that department again, and rebook new excursions with NCL MasterCard. Earning more points is good.

I’m on the Nov 27th Jade sailing and there is only 1 excursion currently listed.

I talked to them today....after a 30 minute wait on hold...and was told that excursions would be loaded within two weeks. We shall see. I did get our previously booked ones refunded to my credit card.

I talked to them today....after a 30 minute wait on hold...and was told that excursions would be loaded within two weeks. We shall see.

Thanks for the info. Not holding my hopes too high thou, we’ll see...

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums