Hotels near FLL/Port Everglades

Marinakrk

Does anyone have suggestions for hotels that are close to both FLL and Port Everglades? We are looking for a place with a shuttle if at all possible. Some hotels charge 300-500 per night. There has to be a nice, clean, reasonable hotel in the area. We are leaving on our cruise on 2/14.......

Prices vary by time frame

We got the Hyatt Place 17th st in Nov for less than $150 ..i would bet it is a lot higher in Feb

Try sunny.org & narrow the search to fit your needs/wants

We recently stayed at the Hyatt on our way through Lauderdale. It is ok. We did a walk for our two bottles of wine, noticed a couple of other hotels even closer to the port, ones with a national brand name, lower price. Holiday inn Express maybe was one. Check hotels dot com or similar to see what is out there.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are lots of hotels in that area.

But for the month of February, not too many will be cheap especially around Valentine's day. Since your cruise is 5 weeks away, you may have trouble finding a hotel this late.

I like to book hotels at least a year in advance -- prices are usually lower that far out.

Does anyone have suggestions for hotels that are close to both FLL and Port Everglades? We are looking for a place with a shuttle if at all possible. Some hotels charge 300-500 per night. There has to be a nice, clean, reasonable hotel in the area. We are leaving on our cruise on 2/14.......

Find something immediately - that is the busiest weekend in February in Fort Lauderdale with the 3 day weekend (the 15th is Presidents Day) beginning the winter vacation week for many northern schools (so lots of families cruising/vacationing) in addition to Valentine's Day and the Fort Lauderdale Marathon on the 14th. Prices will probably not seem 'reasonable' but it is all based on supply and demand.

Edited by capriccio

We like both Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America, both on 17th St. Both have free shuttle from the airport, and inexpensive shuttle to the port. Both are also close enough to the causeway bridge to walk up and see the ships in port.

We've stayed at the Hyatt Place, the Embassy Suites and the Hilton Marina, any one of them is nice as well as convenient to shopping / food, etc. It has been our experience that a cab will get you to the ship quicker than the hotel shuttles and usually is in the $15.00 range from any one of these.

You are unlikely to find anything inexpensive this close to your cruise. We booked the Embassy Suites for out 2/6 cruise 6 months ago. You may have a problem even finding a room at this point.

We have stayed in 3 different hotels and they are all good.

We stayed at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 a couple of years ago pre-cruise. It is very close to the port. I don't think they offer free shuttle to/from FLL or the port. We had a room with the Marina View, which is nice but if the price difference isn't too much, I would choose a room at the Tower. The pool is also very nice.

We stayed at the Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port pre-cruise and post-cruise. We had 2 bedroom trio suites both times. The suite is spacious and very nice. Hotel includes breakfast which is alright. There is also a pool which we have not used it. Easy walking distance to the outdoor shopping plaza across the street. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle to/from FLL. The Hyatt House and Hyatt Place are next to each other. There is also a Hilton Garden Inn on the same street which also looks nice.

The third one is GALLERYone- A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel. We have stayed here both pre-cruise and post-cruise. This one is a bit far away from FLL/port as compared to the two Hyatt's. But is within working distance to the Galleria Mall and to the beach. No free breakfast, no free shuttle to/from FLL or port. Plenty of nice restaurants in the area.

I will pick any one of them depends on which one giving me a better value. For Hyatt Regency and GALLERYone, make sure to include cost of breakfast and transportation in order to do an apple-to-apple cost comparison.

Okay -- now I understand why you are booking a hotel so close to your cruise date.

Just to let you know we have stayed at the Embassy Suites both pre and post cruise for more than 20 years. They are among the hotels that have given up free shuttles.

We just get taxi to go to the pier rather than paying for a shuttle that sometimes can be overcrowded with people and luggage. Plus it can take a while for the shuttle to make stops at various ships.

Thank you to all who replied! Got my reservations set due in large part to the great suggestions here. Definitely would have taken care of this well in advance. Just booked a last minute cruise this week.

Happy you have your reservation.

Where did you book?

Agree with all the previous posters. I also would not worry too much about a shuttle. Some hotels do have a free shuttle, but many charge around $10 per person and a cab is actually cheaper for two or more people.

Yep,

We used the hotel shuttle and it cost $10 or $12 per person (3 of us).

We could have gotten a cab for a total of about $10.

We are booked at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street for a pre-cruise night in April.

Can anyone tell me whether there is a place that is reasonably close to that hotel to buy a couple of bottles of wine to take on board?

THX!

We are booked at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street for a pre-cruise night in April.

Can anyone tell me whether there is a place that is reasonably close to that hotel to buy a couple of bottles of wine to take on board?

THX!

Total Wine in the Harbor Shops (at 17th Street and Cordova Road) shopping center is about 1/2 mile away - it is a wonderful store. There is also a Publix grocery store in the same shopping center that sells a nice range of wines (but not close to the extensive choices in Total Wine). If you are cruising on a Sunday buy your wine the day before or you will have to wait until after noon due to Fort Lauderdale's blue laws prohibiting sales of liquor and wine before noon on Sundays.

Total Wine in the Harbor Shops (at 17th Street and Cordova Road) shopping center is about 1/2 mile away - it is a wonderful store. There is also a Publix grocery store in the same shopping center that sells a nice range of wines (but not close to the extensive choices in Total Wine). If you are cruising on a Sunday buy your wine the day before or you will have to wait until after noon due to Fort Lauderdale's blue laws prohibiting sales of liquor and wine before noon on Sundays.

GottaKnow ..."When Yes, a small wine shop/minimart in a strip mall on your side of the street, about a block west."

Thanks to both for replying.

I live in FL and am very familiar with Publix, and have shopped at Total Wines in Tampa a few times. The prices, as well as selection, at Total Wines tends to be better.

In the past I have always stayed on Seabreeze Drive pre-cruise, so what's available in the S.17th street area is new for me. Thanks for the help!

Edited by flamomo