Oops! We ran out of staterooms for this sailing

Dowunder

How frustrating is this when the sailing is not until 2017 and on contacting the call centre in Gutamala City the answer is "you can have almost any stateroom you want" We first used the Celebrity website in 2009 for a booking. It was frustrating then and now here, almost 2016 and it is still frustrating. I am glad they weren't the company to put a man on the moon, the project would have never got off the ground. Still like their ships !

The Celebrity Future Cruises consultant on board Constellation and my own TA have both been telling me that most categories are sold out already on the 2017 transpacific we've booked.

After hearing what others are saying on this thread, I'm starting to wonder if it's some sort of marketing strategy they're trying? Although I'm not sure what they hope to achieve. Or else 2017 and 2018 are going to be record years for the cruise industry!

The Celebrity Future Cruises consultant on board Constellation and my own TA have both been telling me that most categories are sold out already on the 2017 transpacific we've booked.

After hearing what others are saying on this thread, I'm starting to wonder if it's some sort of marketing strategy they're trying? Although I'm not sure what they hope to achieve. Or else 2017 and 2018 are going to be record years for the cruise industry!

If you are sailing about the Solstice Tahitian Treasures sailing in 2017, sadly I think the sold out Suite Class and AQ Class is real...

Celebrity has been doing a lot of huge group charters in recent years. Thus entire cruises will be blocked out until about 120 days before the cruise. To see what is showing there are several sites in the UK that show what cabins are available. All I know are associated with TAs so cannot post names. Can anyone else help here?

Also Celebrity likes to market with a tease and post the cruise but not release ANY cabins. Call center people are not told what is going on. Too bad as bad idea IMO.

Celebrity has been doing a lot of huge group charters in recent years. Thus entire cruises will be blocked out until about 120 days before the cruise. To see what is showing there are several sites in the UK that show what cabins are available. All I know are associated with TAs so cannot post names. Can anyone else help here?

Also Celebrity likes to market with a tease and post the cruise but not release ANY cabins. Call center people are not told what is going on. Too bad as bad idea IMO.

Celebrity UK site shows most, if not all, cabins available.

Ken

Is there any estimated time for this oops problem to be fixed?

wade

Al Gore is getting it fixed. Should be up and running 100% before 2020.

Understand it was a serious question, but the Celebrity website has never consistently worked in over 10 years! Celebrity blamed the issue on coordinating the input from different countries with completely different booking rules using different currencies in 2005.

Try to choose Inside category first. This should at least get you through to the next stage in the booking. Once you get to the stage to choose a specific cabin, change your cabin category there. It works in my case, although this may not applicable to all the glitches out there.

Good luck.

My experience with OOPS seems associated with me first entering 'special discounts' section, e.g. checking 55+, military, residency. The OOPS appears reacting to no such pricing set associated with those future cruises. Try doing reservation skipping entry of the 'qualify for discounts?' pre-screen. Good Luck

My experience with OOPS seems associated with me first entering 'special discounts' section, e.g. checking 55+, military, residency. The OOPS appears reacting to no such pricing set associated with those future cruises. Try doing reservation skipping entry of the 'qualify for discounts?' pre-screen. Good Luck

I didn't touch the discount section. I couldn't get that far. I just clicked Continue after picking a veranda

I got the same error when I was surfing my country local celebrity cruises site (chosen automatically based on my IP location I think).

When I change to United States in the bottom right of the web page, there were suddenly lots of cabins available. Probably a bug, or they don't want foreigners :)

Edited by marcruiserswe
x

I got the same error when I was surfing my country local celebrity cruises site (chosen automatically based on my IP location I think).

When I change to United States in the bottom right of the web page, there were suddenly lots of cabins available. Probably a bug, or they don't want foreigners :)

Marcus; testa den svenska sidan - inte dot com sidan. Då får man se alla lediga rum :-)

I tried to book a suite on the April 20th transpacific on Solstice while onboard Summit. I was told they were sold out. My TA told me the same thing and put us on a waiting list. I think we were lucky to get a balcony [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

We are scheduled to be on an Equinox cruise April 3,2017 that doesn't even show up on the Celebrity website. Out TA checked and was told it was a glitch in Celebrity's website and also doesn't show on the TA's website. And she was told it would be fixed in a few days and that was two weeks ago. Someone else from our cruise called Celebrity and was told the cruise was sold out. I'm guessing Celebrity is hoping for a charter. Good thing I can always cancel this cruise and change to a different cruise line.

If you are sailing about the Solstice Tahitian Treasures sailing in 2017, sadly I think the sold out Suite Class and AQ Class is real...

I was surprised when I booked this cruise that my favorite rear facing aft was booked, but was able to get two cabins down so it was OK.