Using Carnival Gift Cards on Princess

CaliforniaAC

I'm trying to find an answer- Don't see it on the Carnival-Carnival Corp. websites.

My husband and I just received $200 dollars worth of Carnival Gift Cards.

Can we use the gift cards on our next Princess cruise????? They are the same company...

Thanks,

AC

I'm trying to find an answer- Don't see it on the Carnival-Carnival Corp. websites.

Can we use the gift cards on our next Princess cruise????? They are the same company...

Thanks,

AC

Probably not. The best is to call Princess direct and ask.

The short answer is NO.

As mentioned before, Carnival Cruise Lines and Princess are NOT the same company and, although they are both owned by Carnival Corp., they operate independently.

You'll have to use the gift card on a Carnival cruise.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Can't directly answer your question.

But there are a lot of 3rd party sites that will buy back gift cards for a percentage of the value and give you a check in return. Might be worth a shot assuming you can't use the cards for your Princess cruise. It won't be an even swap, but it's better than not using them at all. Just a thought.

-Andrew :)

There's always a glimmer of hope when asking such a question. But the answer is "no". You can't use ordinary gift cards "on board" any Princess ships (AmEx, Visa, etc gift cards).

And like other corporations...TacoBell/KFC, GAP/Banana Republic/Old Navy....gift cards are not interchangeable.

• 1 year later...
There's always a glimmer of hope when asking such a question. But the answer is "no". You can't use ordinary gift cards "on board" any Princess ships (AmEx, Visa, etc gift cards).

And like other corporations...TacoBell/KFC, GAP/Banana Republic/Old Navy....gift cards are not interchangeable.

Why would you make such a guess like that?

Gap says "Gap gift cards can be used at any of the Gap brand stores includingGap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. Our Gap gift card is sent in a special envelope with your personalized message by mail within 3 to 5 business days or can be sent immediately by email if you prefer."

Most restaurant gift cards I have bought are interchangeable like Darden are good at all their restaurants. I just bought a Noah's bagel and used it in Nevada at Einstein bagels. Never assume, always ask.

Thanks,

AC

It depends on if the cards are from Carnival Corp or from Carnival Cruise Lines.

A gift card from Carnival Corp is good on any of the Carnival owned brands including Princess. I recently used one towards a shore excursion I booked pre-cruise.

A gift card from Carnival Cruise Lines is probably not good on Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

I have called princess and asked this same question as the princess visa site offers (sadly) only a carnival cruises gift card and princess said they do not honor those....I then told barlcays why would you offer a gift card for a line that is different than the line I have the card for...yet to hear back...