Dress code in Blu....different from the MDR? Does formal / chic night apply to Blu?

OnTheJourney

Blu menus were posted Sept 24-26th on the Celebrity forum. They were very similar to what we saw Sept 2018.

I just got off Solstice two weeks ago and I wish that I had dressed up more for dinner at Blu. I wore appropriate tops,usually with scarves, but black jeans. I wish that I had brought black dress pants. For Chic nights (2) I wore dresses, but I wish that I had kicked up the level of 'dressiness'. A lot of the women wore sparkly (diamond) lanyards with their dresses. Those lanyards looks good on Chic evenings - not too over the top!

My husband (after embarkation day) always wore dress shoes, a decent collared shirt, but sometimes with jeans. On Chic night he always wore a suit-coat.

You can eat anytime, and wear what you want. But on chic nights you'll see everything from suits and tuxes to Hawaiian shirts and everything in between.

The Blu menus were posted just recently here - shouldn't be more than a few pages back.

Just checked out a whole bunch of menus tonight..both here on CC and also a few youtube clips. Food looks really good! Looking forward to it already even though it's a year away!

Blu is the same as Select dining (anytime), however unlike Select you cannot make reservations. Just show up. On embarkation day you'll find a note from the Blu maître d assigning you a dining time for the first evening only. This is only a suggestion and you aren't required to go at that time if it doesn't suit your schedule. They do that to try to make the first night go more smoothly. You may also request to be seated in Blu with the same wait staff each night. We have also been offered nice discounts to dine in specialty restaurants as patrons of Blu the first evening (greater than the usual ones we've seen when not Aqua class). If you decide to do this the first night, let them know your dining room is Blu.

Although Blu is technically Smart Casual every evening most patrons of Blu tend to be more dressed up on Evening Chic nights than on regular evenings.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Yep, I wear jeans almost every night in Blu. Don't really care what others are wearing. As long as I look neat and clean and am within the dress code, all is fine. I will wear nicer pair of pants and take a sports coat for Chic night but don't always wear it.

Use the search here for the menus, they've been posted many times.

Enjoy

Look at the Preismans review on board the Constellation from may 2018, it includes breakfast, dinner and desserts.

http://www.thepreismans.com/suez_italy_menus_blu.htm

From X site : Blu features open seating and reservations are not required. Blu offers flexible dining between 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM every evening, so you're free to dine whenever you choose during those hours. Dress Code Smart Casual

Blu menus were posted Sept 24-26th on the Celebrity forum. They were very similar to what we saw Sept 2018.

I just got off Solstice two weeks ago and I wish that I had dressed up more for dinner at Blu. I wore appropriate tops,usually with scarves, but black jeans. I wish that I had brought black dress pants. For Chic nights (2) I wore dresses, but I wish that I had kicked up the level of 'dressiness'. A lot of the women wore sparkly (diamond) lanyards with their dresses. Those lanyards looks good on Chic evenings - not too over the top!

My husband (after embarkation day) always wore dress shoes, a decent collared shirt, but sometimes with jeans. On Chic night he always wore a suit-coat.

Not sure how to reply to you, but have questions about Blu and also first time on Solisce ship. I sent you a friend request so I could ask you some questions. Not sure how to use this board? Hope you get this? Catsandra in AZ

There is no dress code in Blu other than no shorts or baseball caps at dinner. I’m trying to recall if I every saw anyone in cargo pants. We have eaten in Blu on 4 cruises and Luminae on another cruise find that people do observe Chic nights and men usually dress for dinner in casual business attire or better every night. We have actually seen more Tux’s in Murano than we ever saw in Blu.

I Never saw an under- dressed man in Blu, save for the guy who wore red pants to dinner every night. I guess that was a matter of personal style... but to me it was a little too garish. As we usually do cruises in Europe, we would rarely see men in shorts in the evening anyway. I have never eaten in Blu in The Caribbean.

We have eaten in Blu on at least a dozen cruises in the past few years. How people dress tends to change a bit with the itinerary and from cruise to cruise. In Alaska, people were very casual every night IMHO. On Caribbean or Coastal US cruises (the others we have been on) we find on Elegant Chic night people tend to dress up a bit more than on other nights, although it is not required. Rarely see a tuxedo, more often see men in sport coats (no tie) and less often, see men in suits. We have also found that in general (and again, each cruise is different) people tend to get a little dressier on shorter cruises than on the 12-15 night ones we have sailed. Probably because it is easier to pack enough dressy clothes for a short cruise than for a longer one.