Share Your Favorite or Least Favorite Staterooms Here:

1cruisingal

Over the years I've seen different posts every now and then about staterooms that people have either LOVED or HATED. I know people have different likes but I find it helpful to see what particular staterooms people have had great or not great experiences in and why or why not.

MY LIKE: The Dream cabin room 8287: Very Quiet!, Close enough to walk up or down a couple of flights and get to all the action. It was pretty close to the elevators without being too close to hear people all night. Room stewards were helpful and hard working.

MY DISLIKE: The Dream cabin room 11224: We were excited to book this spa interior room because we were looking forward to using the Thelasso pool and amenities. The first night we realized that we were directly underneath the gym weight machines! When the gym closes at night around 10:00 or 10:30 we thought we'd be able to sleep the rest of the night uninterrupted, however we learned that the employees can use the gym after hours as their work out time. We would hear constant banging and pounding of weights all through the night!

We learned our lesson to study the deck plans closely when choosing our room.

Since our experience, we now choose rooms that have cabins over and under us.

Aft balconies least favorite.

Too much noise early in the morning with deck chairs being moved.

Too much vibration at times almost bouncing you out of the bed. (2 aft balconies. 1 Carnival, 1 Royal,, same experience)

Twice have had the aft wrap balcony on deck 7 of the Triumph and loved the room. Great size and layout. Windows aft and side. Nice big balcony and the side portion of the balcony is covered so you can get some shade during the day and some privacy during the night. ;) Bathroom is a good size and has cabinets that close to store your stuff so it doesn't fall off the shelves with the ship's movement. Love being able to see the moon on the ship's wake.

Cabin2.jpg

My favorite on Carnival are the aft wraps on the Pride (and her sister ships). It's the perfect room for a small family of three or a couple. For us the living room turned into my stepson's room while my husband and I had a private bedroom. Huge closet, nice size private dressing area, and bathroom. And with the wrap balcony I'm not sure I even made it to the pool deck on our last cruise.

Overall I'm always a fan of the aft, I'm going to miss the aft and the wrap balcony on my March cruise, but looking forward to trying out the spa suite on the Dream. I've never had a side balcony before.

be17840fc63f17b3c02ec4c26bfa6a05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

MY favorite is the Aft Wrap Balcony. My husband and I love having both the Aft View and side view. Though my all time favorite is a true Aft Cabin. I love it back here, very relaxing to see the white water of the wake. It reminds me of growing up and going water skiing on vacations. Sitting in the back watching family & friends ski. And, memories of me skiing going over "the wake" !!:)

We cruise ocean view so far, and our favorite is 2473 on glory. It's about TWICE the size of a typical ocean view at no extra cost. Because it's at the end of the hallway, it was super quiet (except for one night with drunken morons).

There is vibration, but it didn't bother us a bit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Our favorite is any balcony cabin by the elevators on the Panorama Deck on any Conquest Class ship. We always choose them so we don't have any least favorite. Our cabin was the same on the Dream Class but we didn't like the ship. It had too many people on it to suit us.

Like many others, I had a premium vista (aka aft wraparound) balcony on Carnival Freedom for my wedding cruise and we LOVED it. Biggest balconies on the ship I believe. To have basically 180 degree views from your cabin is the best part. We had an incredibly smooth cruise but I suppose in rough seas you might feel more being in the back of the ship.

However, I think on par with the aft wraparound balcony was our cove balcony on Carnival Magic. We really loved the privacy (nothing worse than when people peek around the dividers on the balconies... but they can't do that in the coves!), and we especially loved being so close to the water and hearing it. That's what cruising is all about for us -- the water! We also had one or two rainy days on that cruise, and the fact that the cove balconies are covered under the lifeboats meant we could sit out on our balcony during the rain and watch it hit the water. It was awesome!

Our least favorite cabin by far was a boardwalk balcony on Oasis of the Seas. You face directly into someone else's cabin, so it's a bit weird (esp when some couples don't quite close the curtains all the way, if you know what I mean...). The balconies themselves were tiny too. Plus you can't really just go out on your balcony in your robe. I guess you can, but I didn't feel comfortable enough to do so. Worst of all though was not having a view of the water. I'm on a ship! I wanna see the ocean! We knew what we were signing up for and we thought we'd try something different for a change. Well now we know... we wanna see the water!

Edited by heather9844

We cruise ocean view so far, and our favorite is 2473 on glory. It's about TWICE the size of a typical ocean view at no extra cost. Because it's at the end of the hallway, it was super quiet (except for one night with drunken morons).

There is vibration, but it didn't bother us a bit.

That cabin is really big! I don't like aft--didn't like seeing where I'd been instead of where I was going.

Had a few bowling alley cabins. One had the oddest shower turn on--5 staff and I couldn't figure it out including head of housekeeping. Someone finally did.

I like cabins where neighbors don't slam cabin or balcony doors! Saw a scooter parked in the hall with a notice of rules of ettiquette for use of it. They should pass out one on balcony ettiquette.

Over the years I've seen different posts every now and then about staterooms that people have either LOVED or HATED. I know people have different likes but I find it helpful to see what particular staterooms people have had great or not great experiences in and why or why not.

MY LIKE: The Dream cabin room 8287: Very Quiet!, Close enough to walk up or down a couple of flights and get to all the action. It was pretty close to the elevators without being too close to hear people all night. Room stewards were helpful and hard working.

MY DISLIKE: The Dream cabin room 11224: We were excited to book this spa interior room because we were looking forward to using the Thelasso pool and amenities. The first night we realized that we were directly underneath the gym weight machines! When the gym closes at night around 10:00 or 10:30 we thought we'd be able to sleep the rest of the night uninterrupted, however we learned that the employees can use the gym after hours as their work out time. We would hear constant banging and pounding of weights all through the night!

We learned our lesson to study the deck plans closely when choosing our room.

Since our experience, we now choose rooms that have cabins over and under us.

I like this thread. That was people can look to see if their rooms are of concern. You didn't state what category of rooms those are though.

Edited by Jamericannn

Why no cabin questions?

I just copied and pasted the idea from another forum but asking questions would really clog that thread up and make it harder to search (that's just a guess). If it works out the way that it has in other forums it will eventually be an easy place to search on a specific cabin.

I just copied and pasted the idea from another forum but asking questions would really clog that thread up and make it harder to search (that's just a guess). If it works out the way that it has in other forums it will eventually be an easy place to search on a specific cabin.

Makes sense, I added mine :)