Seafood In Ft Lauderdale

sarahj145

We've tried several of those places, but last week before or cruise on the Royal ,Sally and I went to the Quarterdeck Bar and Grill on Dania Beach. It's a fun family friendly restaurant about a 10 minute drive from the Airport that sits over the water on a pier. And funny enough it is very near the port. It is more of a family Bar/Grill atmosphere, and we had the best steamed 1.25 lb Maine lobster for $15.00 that we have eaten in a long time. Very fresh and very good. I think your family will enjoy the relaxed atmosphere over the water.

Burt

We've tried several of those places, but last week before or cruise on the Royal ,Sally and I went to the Quarterdeck Bar and Grill on Dania Beach. It's a fun family friendly restaurant about a 10 minute drive from the Airport that sits over the water on a pier. And funny enough it is very near the port. It is more of a family Bar/Grill atmosphere, and we had the best steamed 1.25 lb Maine lobster for $15.00 that we have eaten in a long time. Very fresh and very good. I think your family will enjoy the relaxed atmosphere over the water.

Burt

good info thanks on the seafood restaurant

Southport Raw Bar. Casual, fun, water view and delicious!

www.southportrawbar.com

LOL, we were there the night before we eat at the Quaterback grill. It is our other favorite seafood restaurant and hit it everytime we come to Ft. Lauderdale. Great food with a nice view. They don't have the $15.00 Maine lobster, but otherwise equally as good.

I know, I know, it seems like we eat a lot of seafood, but we live in landlocked Oklahoma. When we get a chance for good fresh seafood, we load up. You will see less tourist and more locals at Quarterback and Southport.

Burt

Edited by Beachdude

Southport Raw Bar. Casual, fun, water view and delicious!

www.southportrawbar.com

This restaurant and the Quarterdeck (across the street) . . . both on Cordova Road and only minutes from Port Everglades are 2 of my favorites for casual inexpensive dining in Fort Lauderdale. My mouth is watering for the Buffalo Shrimp at the Quarterdeck.. YUMM!

Kelly's Landing on 17th St has amazing New England seafood but does not have a view. We've been there many times and with all sorts of people and everyone loves it. I like the clam chowder and maine lobster and my husband likes the steamers and pasta with lobster.

I live in Canada and will be in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 nights in January prior to a cruise. Southport Raw Bar and 15th street fisheries are two of my favourite for seafood. 15th street fisheries is right on the waterway so you can do a hop on hop off if you are taking the taxi, which is what I plan on doing. Getting hungry now! :)

This restaurant and the Quarterdeck (across the street) . . . both on Cordova Road and only minutes from Port Everglades are 2 of my favorites for casual inexpensive dining in Fort Lauderdale. My mouth is watering for the Buffalo Shrimp at the Quarterdeck.. YUMM!

My advice to you would be to stay away from the 15 ST. fishery.

Yes it does have great views if you are lucky enough to get a table by the widow, but this restaurant is way over priced.

I stared going there several years ago, however the ownership has changed

and so has the menu, portions getting smaller

What was a reasonably priced restaurant with good food is no longer.

Ok- I also love seafood. My take, for what it's worth on the above places. Rustic crab is great food and atmosphere off the beaten track. Do not get the queen crab. Also pricey. Southport raw bar is fine and fun but is more of a dive/local bar place. Quarterdeck is abt the same as southport but note I'm speaking of the one in he beach zone. There's another place near southport that touts New England style seafood but the atmosphere is not great. Bimini boatyard reminds me of a wedding reception hall with cruddy chairs. I know they recently remodeled...maybe it's better now. I like 15th st fisheries. I usually eat downstairs (casual menu) and ask to see to upstairs menu. Sometimes I order off the upstairs menu sometimes not. The food is generally good but the place is really busy. Highly recommend reservations. I also happen to love coconuts near the beach and the swimming hall of fame. Right on the water and the food and service are excellent. Menu not all seafood but they have a lobster roll for as good as maine for 15, and an off menu app called Scooby snack which are garlic crab claws. To die for. Also very busy and I don't think they take reservations.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I also happen to love coconuts near the beach and the swimming hall of fame. Right on the water and the food and service are excellent. Menu not all seafood but they have a lobster roll for as good as maine for 15' date=' and an off menu app called Scooby snack which are garlic crab claws. To die for. Also very busy and I don't think they take reservations.

[/quote']

Agree wholeheartedly with your Coconuts recommendations!

Edited by capriccio

We stayed at Pier 66 the night before, and had dinner at Pelican Landing, which is a short walk down the dock from the hotel, past all the insanely huge yachts. The restaurant is on the second floor, and during fair weather they open the walls to a nice patio on one side, and a dock-side railing on the other. There are TV's showing various sports for those who need to check scores. It's not a huge place, but we both had the best fish we have ever pierced with a fork, bar none. DH had the blackened catch of the day, and I had it grilled, both over a bed of greens.... arguably the best meal we had the whole week. Oh, did I mention that it was happy hour up until 7pm, with 2 for 1 beverages and appetizers?! We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Peg

For an inexpensive lunch (or dinner)try Ernie's on Federal hwy (US1) just south of 17th Street-west side of the street- for Conch Chowder and Bimini Bread. The place is a dive but the Conch Chowder is the BEST in South Florida.

Other favorites there are barbeque sandwiches on Bimini Bread.

I work right near the port and am headed on a cruise tomorrow! So nice to drive 25 minutes from home and be on vacation! Anyway, Bimini has a few great fish dishes, the snapper and the mahi are both phenomenal. I do not like 15th st fisheries unless you eat downstairs on the dock, where there is an amazing view. Southport Raw Bar and Kellys Landing are great, and are definitely where the locals go for a seafood fix.