Wine but not water??Club class mini

riffatsea

Hi,

Newbie questions here. We have booked a club class mini suite for our first Princess cruise. I can see that full suites get some bottled water but minis get some wine as a perk when you board.

What is the bottled water situation?? I know that tap water is fine but we are used to getting bottled in our suite from Carnival so wondering how to order some for this cruise?? We don't like to drag lots of extra stuff on board from home.

So on Princess if you would like to purchase water before the trip I believe they come in like a 12 pack for like 7$ and you login info your cruise personalizer and go to the onboard reservations and click beverage packages and from their you will be able to purchase bottled water

Please do some research on the environmental impact of bottled water. The pacific has a plastic "Island" the size of the US. Made of plastic garbage. Your water bottle will be somewhere - there or in the dump - for generations. Ask yourself it you need it badly enough to leave the clean up to your grand children.

Google - The Pacific Gyre.

So on Princess if you would like to purchase water before the trip I believe they come in like a 12 pack for like 7$ and you login info your cruise personalizer and go to the onboard reservations and click beverage packages and from their you will be able to purchase bottled water

This package is only available for pre-purchase. It isn't available on board. Another option if you are going to the port a day early. It is easy to stop at a store near the pier and pick up as much bottled water as you wish. You can carry on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like.

Hmm? Good point. On land water bottles would be recycled.

In Canada on 30% of plastic gets recycled, in the US 8%. Not very good numbers. Best to take a reusable container and drink tap water. My post is the tip of the iceberg in terms of water use policy, then the energy use in trucking cases around....Not much good about bottled water.

In Canada on 30% of plastic gets recycled, in the US 8%. Not very good numbers. Best to take a reusable container and drink tap water. My post is the tip of the iceberg in terms of water use policy, then the energy use in trucking cases around....Not much good about bottled water.

You're going on a cruise...how environmentally conscious do you think you're really being. Perhaps try answering a question from a fellow cruiser rather than providing immediate criticism?

You're going on a cruise...how environmentally conscious do you think you're really being. Perhaps try answering a question from a fellow cruiser rather than providing immediate criticism?

Haven’t you noticed some people go into criticism mode the minute anyone asks about bottled water.

Hmm? Good point. On land water bottles would be recycled.

Princess does recycle so they claim. If they got caught dumping their waste into the ocean, the penalty would be severe as they recently found out about dumping waste water.

Hi,

Newbie questions here. We have booked a club class mini suite for our first Princess cruise. I can see that full suites get some bottled water but minis get some wine as a perk when you board.

What is the bottled water situation?? I know that tap water is fine but we are used to getting bottled in our suite from Carnival so wondering how to order some for this cruise?? We don't like to drag lots of extra stuff on board from home.

Yes we do get a bottle of water in our stateroom on Carnival but not Princess unless you are elite class. They do offer the opportunity to buy as much bottled water as you want before you board. It is $6.90 for 12 500 ml bottles delivered to your room. The water on the ship is held to much higher standards than the water at home and is regulated. They own and maintain the water from the source to the tap controlling its purity unlike at home where it passes through old pipes buried under the streets to your home water distribution system and is not constantly monitored and tested. The only thing we use bottled water for is excursions off the ship where local water may not be all that safe.

• 1 month later...
Please do some research on the environmental impact of bottled water. The pacific has a plastic "Island" the size of the US. Made of plastic garbage. Your water bottle will be somewhere - there or in the dump - for generations. Ask yourself it you need it badly enough to leave the clean up to your grand children.

Google - The Pacific Gyre.

Really? On a cruise site? I am definitely not this radical. Come on. I will do my bit at home where I can. I drink my own water at home with a filter system, but on a cruise........ I order the 12 bottles every cruise. Very convenient. Definitely one of the best prices and perks available!

Pooh

I was able to exchange the wine for one coffee card recently on the star. I was told by customer service I would need to ask on board. My steward said to call room service and I told her what customer service said. She then asked a supervisor who ok'd the switch to one coffee card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to exchange the wine for one coffee card recently on the star. I was told by customer service I would need to ask on board. My steward said to call room service and I told her what customer service said. She then asked a supervisor who ok'd the switch to one coffee card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the suggestion - we will try that when we board! I have a few punches left on my old coffee card, but hey - if I can get a new one, even better! I will try.....

Happy New Year to you!!