Dog on ship, continued

On Harmony it is on the jogging track, starboard aft, under the stairs that come down the deck above. It is a box filled with wood chips. Not sure if there is more than 1, but that was the one I saw.

I just found the picture I took of it.

baa06bb0fc591e757f14984ffcc772f1.jpg

f5763b63a139c4b6702d3848b4430029.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, do I just count the posts until I reach #42? You left that part of the instructions out of your reply. Thank you.

Well that would be an option, or you could just scroll through the thread until you reach the pic you are looking for.

Oh and - just in case - you have some kind of reading comprehension - posts are numbered for your convenience.:rolleyes:

Why don't Royal Caribbean take a leaf out of Cunard's book? I am sure it could only improve the situation as regards ESA's. I am not talking 'service animals' here.

If you want to take your ESA dog on board Cunard, there are strict guidelines to follow.

The first one is, there is a charge, circa $800 - $1000 per 7 day cruise. The animals are kept on Deck 12 in purpose built kennels, away from cabins. Visiting hours are set in black and white. They are not allowed inside the vessel and certainly never, ever in the restaurants on-board. At our recent embarkation in Southampton, there was probably about 12 very excited dogs who even have their own check-in desk. There is some very strict criteria to go through before boarding which appeared to go smoothly. Finally, they were led away by their owners and the dog wardens from Cunard. There were no 'accidents' inside the vessel, or animals in dining rooms, simply because it is not allowed.

Why don't Royal Caribbean take a leaf out of Cunard's book? I am sure it could only improve the situation as regards ESA's. I am not talking 'service animals' here.

If you want to take your ESA dog on board Cunard, there are strict guidelines to follow.

The first one is, there is a charge, circa $800 - $1000 per 7 day cruise. The animals are kept on Deck 12 in purpose built kennels, away from cabins. Visiting hours are set in black and white. They are not allowed inside the vessel and certainly never, ever in the restaurants on-board. At our recent embarkation in Southampton, there was probably about 12 very excited dogs who even have their own check-in desk. There is some very strict criteria to go through before boarding which appeared to go smoothly. Finally, they were led away by their owners and the dog wardens from Cunard. There were no 'accidents' inside the vessel, or animals in dining rooms, simply because it is not allowed.

This is not quite correct. While Cunard offers the transportation of non-service animals in their kennel, this service is only offered on the QM2 and it´s not offered on cruises, but limited to the Transatlantic passages.

I assume with ESA you are talking about emotional support animals. Well if - as you suggest - an Emotional support Animal is kept in a kennel, away from their owner, the purpose of the emotional support animal is eliminated. Said animal needs to be with the owner all the time for obvious reasons. So a kennel with limited times to visit would not work.

Service animals are allowed on Cunard and won´t be in the kennel.

Well that would be an option, or you could just scroll through the thread until you reach the pic you are looking for.

Oh and - just in case - you have some kind of reading comprehension - posts are numbered for your convenience.:rolleyes:

Those with reading comprehension can usually detect sarcasm.... did you miss that?

Now now let's not be sarcastic with another poster.

I’ve often wondered what the CDC would say about dogs being allowed to eat off of plates while sitting in their owners laps. How do you pass health inspections when untrained pets posing as service or emotional support animals eliminate bodily waste on the deck, carpeting,or elsewhere than the designated areas? A quick crew member clean up can’t really sanitize the area. What liability does the cruise line assume if someone is bitten/harmed by a dog? For arguments sake, would they turn down an emotional support pit bull? Would you want a cabin where Fluffy had been left alone and wet the floor? How often are the floors shampooed? The cruise line needs to take a hard look at these issues. Rules are in place, and they need to be enforced.

• 2 weeks later...

I am allergic to dogs and cats and I know someone who brought their dog a golden retriever on a cruise (mans best friend, not support) and mentioned to him that I only hope, I never get that room that he was in with that dog... My luck I would get a room that had an animal and ship is filled and I am SOOL... :'(

The whole thing is just messy and the owner of the dog should have taken it to the relief station well before going to guest services.

I saw two little fluffy dogs on our last cruise on Oasis of the Seas and had no idea of what they were there for. Where do they take them to do their business? Central Park?

I saw two little fluffy dogs on our last cruise on Oasis of the Seas and had no idea of what they were there for. Where do they take them to do their business? Central Park?

Usually somewhere out on the deck 5 outside promenade.

We were at breakfast in 150 on debarkation day. Woman wheels her dog into the restaurant in a stroller... right up to the table, not on the floor. There it stayed for breakfast. Just not right.

Just wrong and disgusting. I have not actually seen an animal on a cruise but have seen them on planes and wondered about their needs. I was at cracker barrel the other day and they seated 2 women right next to us and the woman sets down her purse on the chair and there is a tiny dog in it. I said to the dog "blink twice and I will free you from your slavery". My husband shushed me-he does NOT like scenes. I was willing to go for it, but a divorce would have ensued, so I desisted.

This old lady and the original man that the post is about should not be travelling without a keeper and the poor dog is not what I mean. They have money and are nuts and selfish, a bad combo.

Edited by lovethesun1960
clarification

An "emotional support dog" pooped yesterday at Guest Services. Emotionally dependent owner just walked away.

I would have walked away too - but to go get a poop bag, paper towels, cleanser, etc. On second thought, if I was with a dog, the poop bags would have already been with me, but the rest I'd have had to go get. Thinking about this a little more (I'm bored, so humor me) I probably would have "notified" someone to put a "caution" cone or something similar so nobody would walk in it (EWWWWW) and gone and gotten the required supplies to clean it up. Why am I overthinking this? I have no idea but maybe the Margarita had something to do with it :')

Have you seen the meme about the family with the new puppy and the Roomba? OMG.