Dog on ship, continued

Just saw your icon and assumed you were suggesting going into "RN" mode and cleaning up after people. It's kind of what we do.

True, that is what we do. I do not deal with those clean ups as much as I used to when I was in an Oncology step-down... those days were full of code browns. :')

I was really just trying to make a point that anyone could do the right thing even if the owner did not. Oh well.

True, that is what we do. I do not deal with those clean ups as much as I used to when I was in an Oncology step-down... those days were full of code browns. :')

I was really just trying to make a point that anyone could do the right thing even if the owner did not. Oh well.

Your point was not lost on me but lately I’ve had a pretty low tolerance for rude people. Not only is dog poop gross, but leaving it is a complete disregard for other people’s health and safety. I can just imagine someone lifting their foot and finding dog poo and then losing their balance and breaking a bone. It’s a ship, not a patch of grass at a dog park.

Now, do you really, really think the owner gives a darn? He got a bogus certificate online, could care less what you or I think and will continue to do as he pleases. I would guess it is a metaphor for what he thinks of the rest of us....his dog C**ps on the ship and he C**ps on his fellow passengers.

After a dozen cruises on two lines, I saw my FIRST "service" dog on board our recent Adventure of the Seas cruise. The small terrier was in a baby stroller parked next to one of the Solarium hot tubs. Adorable dog, but as others have said, it looked nervous, was NOT wearing any sort of vest and terriers are not listed among the breeds typically used for service animals. I agree that individuals should have to provide official documentation that their dog is actually a recognized and trained service animal to be allowed to bring them on a ship.

After a dozen cruises on two lines, I saw my FIRST "service" dog on board our recent Adventure of the Seas cruise. The small terrier was in a baby stroller parked next to one of the Solarium hot tubs. Adorable dog, but as others have said, it looked nervous, was NOT wearing any sort of vest and terriers are not listed among the breeds typically used for service animals. I agree that individuals should have to provide official documentation that their dog is actually a recognized and trained service animal to be allowed to bring them on a ship.

I bet they did a B2B because I saw that dog on the February 12th sailing.

Currently on the Anthem. Saw the "Pinnacle Pup" in the Concierge Lounge last night. Someone mentioned that it was a "rescue" dog, another one said that the dog also went on stage when the owner was honored with his pinnacle status on the last cruise, or couple cruises ago. ?????????

Carol

They are back on board Anthem. I’m going to watch where I step :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you talking about the doggie who was in the Concierge Lounge last night?

I did not know what to make of it. Heard form some people that it was the "pinnacle pup". :rolleyes::loudcry:

Currently on the Anthem. Saw the "Pinnacle Pup" in the Concierge Lounge last night. Someone mentioned that it was a "rescue" dog, another one said that the dog also went on stage when the owner was honored with his pinnacle status on the last cruise, or couple cruises ago. ?????????

Pinnacle Pup?? Just when you think you've heard it all.

Recently saw a lady standing outside of Costco in Ft Myers with her dog that was wearing both the jacket and tag you can get online. This store has a sign when you walk in and the greeters enforce the rule that says Service Dogs only. They really must have needed something because the lady did not look happy waiting outside.

Renewed my Costco the same day.

We saw that at Costco in La Quinta last week. I asked the person checking Costco Cards at the door about it. She said only Service Dogs and they have to show paperwork. Good for Costco! wish other establishments would follow this.

Is this a small Chihuahua who used to sail on Grandeur? Name starts with a T?

I do not know the name. I saw it for the first time ever....really cute....someone mentioned a name with T but I thought that was the owner's name. But yes, it is a really cute Chihuahua. I also heard that you are not supposed to touch the dog because you will hinder its ability to do whatever it is trained to do.

And it is behaving far better than many entitled adults on board ;)

Edited by Arzeena

Seeing how there isn't a charge incurred for an Emotional Support Animal being brought onto a ship could I get a certificate for my wife and bring her on free of charge? She truly is my emotional support.

But then you’d have to pay the single supplement. And that’s usually about 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In September of 1980 I chased a customer from Friendly’s restaurant at the Hyannis mall when she changed her child’s diaper in the booth and left the poopy diaper,unfolded, ON THE TABLE with the empty dishes. I caught up to her and told her she’d forgotten something , as I tossed the diaper on the hood of her stroller.

About a year later, this time in Va Beach, one of my neighbors pretended to ignore her dog pooping on my newly sodded lawn as she checked her mail at the community mailboxes. Ran out, scooped it up in a ziplock, and taped it to her front storm door.

I know I would have said something to the owner of the ESA that crapped on the carpet in guest services. I am a poop activist!

who are you to decide if it is legitimate or not? Raving like a lunatic does nothing but invite mob mentality. look, if the guy saw his dog poop and walked away, a polite tone and tap on the shoulder is all that is required, gibbering like an ape is unbecoming. You don't confront people with handicap stickers, with no immediately obvious handicap, do you? didn't think so.

Sounds like someone has ordered an ESA collar for his little bichon frise.

Had a run in with a questionable "support" dog in a Harris Teeter three days ago. Man puts his invaluable dog (with the online certification collar) in the fold out area of a cart where parents seat their children. I'd had enough. I confronted him and was quite loud hoping to get the attention of all around (I did). I asked what he thought he was doing placing the dog's bare anus and genitals in a shopping cart. A young assistant manager walked up at this time. The dog owner responded that it was none of my business and I couldn't ask. I told him it was definitely my business since I might be using that cart another day and that I didn't want to to place my groceries or granddaughter in a space where the dog's bare bottom had been. I was expecting the "dog's are cleaner than people" bull defense, but it didn't come. I raised my voice even more to remind him that I could ask him anything I want, that I was not restricted by ADA. The assistant manager was in an uncomfortable position. I reminded him that this wasn't a challenge of ADA rights since the dog wasn't restricted from coming into the store. I confronted the ADA "expert" clarifying that ADA gets his darling dog in the door; it isn't a free pass into a shopping cart.

He didn't have an answer for that. He quietly said to the manager that he would carry the dog "to get him off the hook." That set me off again. I bellowed that the dog belonged on a leash, not in a cart, and that this was not a one time challenge. I made it clear that any time I would see him in the store with a dog in a cart, I would follow right behind him and would very loudly and continuously protest.

The phonies use ADA as weapon to scare proprietors away from challenges. They make a mockery of those with legitimate service animal needs. ADA doesn't apply to passengers adversely affected by the erstwhile service dogs. Time for us to strike back. A dog relieves itself inappropriately on a ship, raise a very loud protest. Do everything you can to focus attention on the defecator. Someone puts little Bootsie on her lap at the dinner table, start yelling, yes yelling, for the maitre d. I think you will find that this will empower others who have had enough. It's time for RCCL and other proprietors to know that pacifying the one is not worth the uproar of the majority.

Love this!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A young woman at a festival last weekend had a bulldog with a service vest. I smiled at it and said hi and she told me I could pet it. I responded, "Service dogs are working animals and need to focus on their trained duties, but thanks." She seemed dumbfounded by my reply. There's no way that bulldog is a real service dog.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I was reminded of this thread today at the cafe area in Sam’s Club. I heard a woman criticizing a man about the table he selected. He gave her a look but moved. She was pushing a Sam’s Club cart with a bulldog wearing a red vest stating “service dog” sitting in it on a blanket. She had growled and scowled at the man, but gushed baby talk to the dog as she pulled two stainless steel dog bowls out of her bag, “Just wait to see what I have for you, you are going to love it.” I didn’t wait to see what the treat was, because (thankfully) we had finished lunch and were ready to leave. Apparently the dog’s task was to sweeten her disposition, because her attitude towards the dog was 180 degrees from her attitude towards the man she was with.