Concierge Class vs hump balcony

njcruisefan

Take the upgrade! Concierge hump cabins on Solstice class ships are the largest short of a suite cabin. I love Concierge status: the embarkation luncheon in the MDR, the welcome bottle of bubbly and fruit, the dedicated on-board Concierge and the pre-departure Concierge lounge.

I was offered a free upgrade to Concierge Classfrom a hump cabin and i need help deciding because i have never been on Celebrity before.

Well - concierge class has "hump" cabins as well. It depends on your specific current cabin vs the new one.

IMO there is nothing special about being ON the hump. The most desirable cabins are on the angles leading to and from the hump - these have larger balconies. 1st and 3rd from the hump will be the largest. 2nd and 4th will be the next largest.

Mike

Agree with mandream. If your hump is first or third on an angle of the hump (i.e., 9292), it would be hard to give that up for standard balcony CC. If its the center of the hump, then the few upgrade benefits are worth the swap. Being your first X sailing, there are CC benefits that would be helpful for you.

I have the first cabin off the hump witch has a bigger balcony.

and the room they are offering me is just a C3 Concierge Class

Keep your hump then;-) You will not regret it. Cabin is same size but the balcony is huge. Sun and shade and lots of privacy. Enjoy!

I would keep it unless you don't care much about the balcony. We always go for either just off the hump or aft facing depending on whether we're on M or S class. The cabin you have should already be concierge class unless you have obstructed view.

The large balcony is worth more than all of the fluff that is in CC if you are planning on using it a lot. The benefit is you can move around and have shade or sunshine. The sun gets very hot and can really burn you in the Caribbean if that is where you are going.

CC does offer some advantages like more points, a bottle of bubbly and a footstool on the balcony. The embarkation lunch doesn’t amount to much and the priorities are about useless.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were able to snag an aft facing CC for our upcoming Infinity cruise in Dec...Deck 9...can't wait!

My favorite cabin on my favorite ship. Wait till you see the size of that balcony!!We even had a table and chairs for eating on...unfortunately we were headed for Canada in Sept, but it was still fantastic! :D

We were able to snag an aft facing CC for our upcoming Infinity cruise in Dec...Deck 9...can't wait!

Wow, have just left Connie having had an aft C1 cabin on deck 7. We had 2 sun loungers and a large table with 4 chairs. We still had room for a table tennis table as well ! Could have had a small party on there.

ENJOY !!!

Take the upgrade! Concierge hump cabins on Solstice class ships are the largest short of a suite cabin. I love Concierge status: the embarkation luncheon in the MDR, the welcome bottle of bubbly and fruit, the dedicated on-board Concierge and the pre-departure Concierge lounge.

Just this morning we noticed a price drop on Infinity for a 4 night we have Oct 28. We were already paid but have read so much about folks getting upgrades we decided to give it a shot. We got bumped up from a 2A Veranda to a Concierge Guarantee plus $300 OBC that we used to book the behind the scenes tour and Tuscan Grille. We've been garden variety veranda on all our cruises so this is a good opportunity to try something a little different.

Just this morning we noticed a price drop on Infinity for a 4 night we have Oct 28. We were already paid but have read so much about folks getting upgrades we decided to give it a shot. We got bumped up from a 2A Veranda to a Concierge Guarantee plus $300 OBC that we used to book the behind the scenes tour and Tuscan Grille. We've been garden variety veranda on all our cruises so this is a good opportunity to try something a little different.

Great deal. Did you book directly with Celebrity?

Yes. Pretty much all the posts I'd read about this sort of thing dealt through TAs so I was kind of expecting to be told "Sorry, Charlie". :)

Good to know. I do some booking directly, and some through a TA. I think booking directly has it advantages. Have a wonderful cruise. In fact, my POC at Celebrity has asked me to give her an opportunity to match the TA's price/incentive.

:D

My favorite cabin on my favorite ship. Wait till you see the size of that balcony!!We even had a table and chairs for eating on...unfortunately we were headed for Canada in Sept, but it was still fantastic! :D

Thanks for your response...I was unsure when I booked this, with the cabin being directly under the outside dining...

:D

Thanks for your response...I was unsure when I booked this, with the cabin being directly under the outside dining...

We certainly noticed the laughter and chair scraping but mostly during happy hour and it wasn't objectionable noise.

Stay with the hump cabin.