What would you choose? Encore vs Breakaway

Suna

So I have booked for the Breakaway for February 2020, just hoping I made the right choice. These were the two I was deciding on - please note that we just had out first cruise this past January on the Escape and loved it.

1 - Breakaway ... ports Great Stirrup Cay, St. Thomas and Tortola

2- Encore ... ports San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola

Encore - pro is it being a new ship, cons seems to be San Juan port is from 5pm to midnight ... what can you do in those hours?

Breakaway - pro is the Great Stirrup Cay, con is really that it is not the newer ship.

What would you do?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

great strip cay is not really a pro in my optnion

encore encore encore. new new new

yes there will be some stuff to do in PR if nothing else get wasted at senior frogs

can't speak for the breakaway in compared to escape but can compare getaway to the escape like escape way better so if you went escape you may not be totally happy with breakaway I would in my opinion think hard and may be change to

ENCORE NEW NEW NEW

If it's important that your kids have a beach day on GSC and you don't think they'd enjoy an evening out in San Juan, I'd go with the Breakaway. But if you really want to sail on the newest ship with some additional dining and pool-side attractions, you can still do beach days in both of the other ports with the Encore option. Is $500 more worth that to you?

I think I would go with the Breakaway as well so you can have the beach day at GSC, which by the way I love, and you get the UBP.

Those six hours will be shortened as you will have to be back onboard no later than 10:30 p.m. You won't be exiting the ship right at 5 p.m. either.

I think I would go with the Breakaway as well so you can have the beach day at GSC, which by the way I love, and you get the UBP.

Those six hours will be shortened as you will have to be back onboard no later than 10:30 p.m. You won't be exiting the ship right at 5 p.m. either.

Really seems like a silly port stop

So have you decided on which cruise yet?

Still 97.36% sure I will stick with the Breakaway. Watching videos and reading reviews .... thinking Encore will be more crowded too.

So I have booked for the Breakaway for February 2020, just hoping I made the right choice. These were the two I was deciding on - please note that we just had out first cruise this past January on the Escape and loved it.

Encore - pro is it being a new ship, cons seems to be San Juan port is from 5pm to midnight ... what can you do in those hours?

Breakaway - pro is the Great Stirrup Cay, con is really that it is not the newer ship.

What would you do?

Don't count on GSC as a stop. Rough waters can cause you to skip that stop sometimes. And they may or may not be able to replace it last minute with a stop in Nassau depending on how many ships are in port there.

What would you do?

We do not like the Breakaway ,looking forward to cruising on the Escape.

• 2 weeks later...

How can you even guess at this point? They haven't put out the deck plans for the Encore yet. Just being new is not always better. As often as they refurbish the ships, which the Breakaway just comes out of tomorrow, they're all in great shape. For your San Juan question, just head to Punto de Vista for dinner. It's just a few blocks from the pier. Best mofongo on the planet, and 2 for one Mojitos.