Alchemy Bar

CozGurl

What is so great about the Alchemy Bars? I see so many people mention them and I just don't get it. Can someone explain what is so different about from a regular bar?

I wasnt impressed honestly. The difference is the menu and I think they call the staff mixologists instead of bartenders. They serve a lot of "different" drinks you wont find the other bars. If you like all kinds of strange martinis and other concoctions its probably ok but Im happy with my Ting Mojito from the RFP or a frozen drink like a miami vice etc.

ALC2.jpg

Edited by ryano

I wasnt impressed honestly. The difference is the menu and I think they call the staff mixologists instead of bartenders. They serve a lot of "different" drinks you wont find the other bars. If you like all kinds of strange martinis and other concoctions its probably ok but Im happy with my Ting Mojito from the RFP or a frozen drink like a miami vice etc.

ALC2.jpg

The bartenders are suppose to be more knowledgeable than the other ones on the ship. You can tell them what kind of drinks you like and they will make something that you have never had before that goes along with your tastes.

You don't have to be fancy, it's what you prefer to drink. I prefer martini's and I don't really care for sugary or frozen drinks. It's just a choice. I tend to like my drinks strong, so a martini fits that bill. i prefer a Dirty gin martini, but recently on the Vista, Annamaria made some really good concoctions. I also discovered the Caribbean Manhattan, which I loved.

The Alchemy bar also does in house infused vodka (coffe, strawberry, lemon infused where they soak for days to absorb the flavor) they also have mixing options such as spicy liquors, elderflower liquor etc... and they have fresh fruits and such to muddle/mix as well as blue cheese stuffed olives... they can "invent" drinks on the fly using these ingredients to make a more interactive and yummy drink... it's not for everyone, but if you want to be adventurous and go beyond rum and coke or pina coladas, this is the place. Plus there is usually a more interactive and social vibe. The bartenders are specially trained and usually very customer oriented and funny...

Bacardi is standard, but Grey Goose will be a bit extra. Unless you have Cheers!, of course

At Alchemy, Grey Goose will not be extra. They carry top shelf. Plus you get snacks to enjoy with your drinks. A trio of nuts, olives and cheese.

Edited by crzndeb

You don't have to be fancy, it's what you prefer to drink. I prefer martini's and I don't really care for sugary or frozen drinks. It's just a choice. I tend to like my drinks strong, so a martini fits that bill. i prefer a Dirty gin martini, but recently on the Vista, Annamaria made some really good concoctions. I also discovered the Caribbean Manhattan, which I loved.

I had that as a "nightcap" every night last week! Anna Maria--who just got married , BTW--or Gabriel would start making them for me the minute I came up. They were using Buffalo Trace versus Makers .

But to the OP's ?, it's the mixologists, IMO, that make the Alchemy special. More top shelf liquors used. More essence of zests and herbs to accent the drink. Might not be your thing, but worth a try once.

Last November I did my first non-alcoholic cruise on a B2B on the Glory (I guess my doctor wants to kill my fun). I have been working on my own version of "virgin" drinks including a virgin margarita. I have always loved the Alchemy Bar. Richard was the head mixologist at the bar, and it was one of the only places on the ship that carried all the needed ingredients. I explained my virgin margarita to Richard and he tweaked it a little bit and made it even better. I was then able to give that recipe to a young lady who worked the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and she also became quite good at making them so I could get it during the day. Most of my pre-dinner stops were at the Alchemy. Great place.

Love the Alchemy Bar - to my husband and I, it's the best addition to Carnival ships in a very long time. If you like mojitos, try the Basil Drop - great drink. We also like the martini tasting and take advantage of the tasting special, usually offered a couple of times during a 7 day cruise. No frozen drinks offered, everything is muddled or shaken or mixed. An "old school" bar.

We have a bar like that in my hometown. It's like the old time Speakeasy! It's nice watching the mixologist concoct your drink.

Looking forward to enjoying it on the Vista. It may very well be our go to place before dinner.

For the bourbon drinkers, the Alchemy bar also has some bourbon that isn't anywhere else on the ship. My experience is that they have carried Bookers on the past two ships with an Alchemy bar. Most of the old fashioned and manhattan drinks will be made with the Makers Mark or Woodford Reserve, while at the Alchemy you have the option of a more premium pour. And of course with the CHEERS package, there is no uncharge

I love the alchemy bar! It depends on your tastes and likes and dislikes though. For example I'm allergic to the hops in beer so I only drink liquor and my boyfriend only drinks liquor as well. Watching them make the drinks is fun as well! Some involve interesting preparations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums