Hal View and Verandha Sale

aliaschief

At least HAL didn't raise the cruise fare to cover the shipboard credit they are giving you.

They did on my June cruise. The cheapest verandah had been $3249. They raised the price of both that and the oceanview with the "free" upgrade to $3499 for the sale.

I'd already rebooked over Thanksgiving week when my agent had a free tips promotion and paid $300 less since the Advantage fare qualified for that offer (it had not for Explore4).

They did on my June cruise. The cheapest verandah had been $3249. They raised the price of both that and the oceanview with the "free" upgrade to $3499 for the sale.

I'd already rebooked over Thanksgiving week when my agent had a free tips promotion and paid $300 less since the Advantage fare qualified for that offer (it had not for Explore4).

What is the Advantage fare?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ours in August 2019 went up over $1000....

On the cruises I looked at the rates went up when the Explore4 promo ended. On a 14 night cruise I reviewed the OV prices went up approx $300.00 per person, so the Explore4 promo was a better deal, but that promo ended.

Checked Holland America’s Web Page Today.

Their View and Verandha Sale saved us $900.00 and OBC increase on a March 2019 cruise.

Worth checking to see if the cruise your booked on qualifies.

Just curious, what about your Oct. 28 cruise, how did it effect it?

What is the Advantage fare?

It's a discounted rate that some travel agents have for some HAL cruises. Often it's non-refundable but in the case of the category I have, it was. It was not combinable with Explore4. In my case, it was $300 less than the fare in effect during Explore4 and $550 less than the current price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

On the cruises I looked at the rates went up when the Explore4 promo ended. On a 14 night cruise I reviewed the OV prices went up approx $300.00 per person, so the Explore4 promo was a better deal, but that promo ended.

That's odd, since many claimed that prices would go down after Explore4 ended. There were a few weeks between the end of Explore4 and the start of this promo. As for the increase in the OV price that you referenced, I think it's to give you a "free" upgrade to verandah for this promo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Our TA qualified, but the rates went up considerably. However we had booked while on a earlier cruise which may be part of the reason for the difference in the rate, at least that is what we are going to believe.

Celebrity just upped the bar:

Book an oceanview or higher cabin category on virtually any new 4 or more nights Celebrity cruise sailing between March 2018 and April 2019 and receive all of these: beverage package, pre-paid gratuities and $300 in onboard credit per cabin.

Does say "any new" but have had new promos added to existing many times.

Just curious, what about your Oct. 28 cruise, how did it effect it?

It wasn’t better than we already had booked. However, we just cancelled the Mar 2019 cruise. Why?

Found a unique itinerary on the MS Maasdam. 24 day Polynesian Crossing from Auckland to San Francisco. April 15, 2019.

It’s loaded with new ports of call for us.

Edited by aliaschief