The politest cruise ever....

chemmo

it is the next to last day of our cruise on the Solstice....sea day.

I have already posted on another thread just how polite everyone has been in the bars, phrases such as 'after you', and 'I think he is before me...' have been commonplace.

Today, however, takes the biscuit!

i was stood near guest relations waiting for my husband (busy area) and a couple called me over, moving together to make room for me to sit. Then we walk along the the deck above the pool deck (beautiful weather) and loads of sun beds! No chair hogs here!

Then we get food at mast grill to take back to the room and a family seeing us with plates and no seats almost jump up to offer us their table as they were 'just finishing'.

Don't get me wrong, we have never had major issues on any cruise worldwide with guest behaviour but we have never been on a cruise where good manners and thoughtfulness have been so evident.

My nomination for the most polite cruise ever!

Edited by chemmo

This is so nice to hear! That is the way that we strive to treat each other. I hope that this positiveness continues as we leave Sunday for Sydney to board the Solstice on 9 April for the trip to Hawaii.

Our experience aboard Celebrity mirrors yours, and we find it to be the norm, not the exception. We try to ignore the negative and accentuate the positive. We find that if we "pay it forward" in life, we will receive like in return. A glass 90% full is a glass completely full! :D

This is so nice to hear, especially since there are so many wonderful crew members on Celebrity. However, many choose to focus on the negative, even when there are more positive than negative things going on within the ship. Thank you for bringing this to the attention off those who read this thread.:)

it is the next to last day of our cruise on the Solstice....sea day.

I have already posted on another thread just how polite everyone has been in the bars, phrases such as 'after you', and 'I think he is before me...' have been commonplace.

Today, however, takes the biscuit!

i was stood near guest relations waiting for my husband (busy area) and a couple called me over, moving together to make room for me to sit. Then we walk along the the deck above the pool deck (beautiful weather) and loads of sun beds! No chair hogs here!

Then we get food at mast grill to take back to the room and a family seeing us with plates and no seats almost jump up to offer us their table as they were 'just finishing'.

Don't get me wrong, we have never had major issues on any cruise worldwide with guest behaviour but we have never been on a cruise where good manners and thoughtfulness have been so evident.

That is the way it is here down South all the time.

The Op is sailing from Sydney and we are all polite down here:D

Have to say though, chair hogs are really not a problem down hear generally, whether it be on a cruise or at a resort, not sure if it's because 90% of the population are within an hour of a beach, and we take sun protection seriously, but I've done 3 cruises in the northern hemisphere and 5 in the southern and it becomes quiet obvious.