New VIP program???

BigDfromTN

Any one have any rumors yet of what the new VIP program will include and how it will work?:confused:

DW and I have 9 cruises so far and dont want to "Miss the boat" so to speak. We are considering booking one more before end of year to insure our Platinum status. It would be nice to see what the new plan will include and require before it is rolled out and put in force.

Any one have any rumors yet of what the new VIP program will include and how it will work?:confused:

DW and I have 9 cruises so far and dont want to "Miss the boat" so to speak. We are considering booking one more before end of year to insure our Platinum status. It would be nice to see what the new plan will include and require before it is rolled out and put in force.

Where did you see this???

Jim Berra has been working on revamping the Past Guest program for the past couple years. Recently, it's been given additional impetus.

I don't have a clue when the new program will roll out but I've been told it should be quite an improvement.

:)

Jim Berra has been working on revamping the Past Guest program for the past couple years. Recently, it's been given additional impetus.

I don't have a clue when the new program will roll out but I've been told it should be quite an improvement.

Improvement to Past Guest or Platinum or both???:confused:

Mach, I like your words and hope they are true and soon.

Hi Don! Long time no see!:D

I know that John Heald had a meeting with "the Beards" about numerous things last week on the Splendor and this was one of them. They are working on trying to improve the perks. When it will come to pass, who knows.........:confused:

Where did you see this???

I saw a reference to it here and in the Carnival.com forum. I emailed my PVP and was told it may roll out at year end. That it will possibly be a tiered program and based on days sailed not number of cruises. All Rumor at this point I say. Just wondered if anyone else had any other news.

Thanks Mach for any info you can come up with!!;)

Hi Don! Long time no see!:D

I know that John Heald had a meeting with "the Beards" about numerous things last week on the Splendor and this was one of them. They are working on trying to improve the perks. When it will come to pass, who knows.........:confused:

Hey Linny,

I just glanced over his Blog and did not find anything. Time will tell.

We just dont want to get this close (next is Platinum for us) and then all of a sudden be further out due to a rule change....:eek:

I saw a reference to it here and in the Carnival.com forum. I emailed my PVP and was told it may roll out at year end. That it will possibly be a tiered program and based on days sailed not number of cruises. All Rumor at this point I say. Just wondered if anyone else had any other news.

Thanks Mach for any info you can come up with!!;)

Waiting for it as well;)

Couple of YEARS? Glad he and many other CCL beancounters don't work for me.

How about some really good additional perks for those of us who've achieved "Milestone"?

"SKY"

That would be nice...but I will believe it when I see it.

I have been hearing "they are fixing to do something" since the Blogger's Cruise 2009.....

This is potentially good news. I've only ever sailed Carnival, but I've recently started shopping around. I sent away for, and recently received, RCCL info and it looks like they have some "VIP" perks starting at 5 cruises and it tiers from there. It's certainly not a deal-maker or breaker for me, but it could tip the scale a bit.

They have been saying new perks are comming for over a year, new person was to look at the perks. Must be over worked. Carnival dosen't give you anything from cruise 26 to 49 extra, you get the same as someone that is doing 10. $300 OBC is not a great deal for #25. Milestone, the one perk cruise.

Over a year and a half Carnival has been looking at perks, and they are still looking.

How about some really good additional perks for those of us who've achieved "Milestone"?

"SKY"

They have been saying new perks are comming for over a year, new person was to look at the perks. Must be over worked. Carnival dosen't give you anything from cruise 26 to 49 extra, you get the same as someone that is doing 10. $300 OBC is not a great deal for #25. Milestone, the one perk cruise.

Over a year and a half Carnival has been looking at perks, and they are still looking.

Jim has told me that it's a work in progress. I have stopped asking "when", as I am sure we'll all find out about the same time!

It really is the Milestone perks which they need to look at, as they have a fair # of base perks for the Platinum guests, and little more for those with 25+ sailings.

Tom

That it will possibly be a tiered program and based on days sailed not number of cruises.

I'd like that. Especially since we are going on a 14 dayer next year and get credit for 1 cruise.

They may base it on X number of days over a specified period of time.

I guess we know eventually.

Archived