Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Thanks to the advice and help from some ladies on cruise critic, I have decided to buy this gown for my cruise in April ......either red or royal blue....think it maybe the red. Click on the dress to make it bigger.

I vote for royal blue.

Thanks to the advice and help from some ladies on cruise critic, I have decided to buy this gown for my cruise in April ......either red or royal blue....think it maybe the red. Click on the dress to make it bigger.

Either the red or the royal blue would be stunning ;)

I'm extremely lucky that I not only have an amazing Mother-in-Law, but also in that she has amazing style! She does a lot of ballroom dancing, so has many beautiful formal gowns, and wears mostly dresses in the summertime so she has lots of casual dresses as well, and most of these seem to be in my size!!

This weekend I got to shop her closets for formal and casual dresses to take on our upcoming Transatlantic, on which we are also spending 2 days beforehand in Ft Lauderdale, and 2 days afterwards in Barcelona.

I came home with 2 formal dresses and 6 casual dresses, and added many of my own for a total of 13 dresses that I'm taking! Her only stipulation was that I promise to have fun while wearing her clothes; since she can't go on vacation her dresses may as well have a good time! I plan to take a photo of each outfit to share with her after the cruise, and I'll make sure to share here as well! I've set all the dresses, as well as a couple of jackets to match, aside in a garment bag ready to pack in 70 days!! (It's winter here in Canada, so I don't plan on wearing sundresses or evening gowns in the snow and slush!)

She also loaned me a bunch of beautiful jewelry, formal handbags, and a couple of pashminas. Too bad my feet are bigger than hers, or I would also have my pick of her shoe collection!!

I love my M-i-L!!! :)

Too bad my feet are bigger than hers, or I would also have my pick of her shoe collection!!

I love my M-i-L!!! :)

Shoes and jewelry are the only things I can share with my very much loved mother-in-law :)

She's given me three pairs of beautiful shoes and her cameo jewelry collection B0C

Shoes and jewelry are the only things I can share with my very much loved mother-in-law :)

She's given me three pairs of beautiful shoes and her cameo jewelry collection B0C

Nice! Mine loaned me a set of BEAUTIFUL silvery-grey pearls, a choker and earrings given to her by a dear friend who bought them while on a cruise in Italy. I think the necklace will be the most expensive piece of jewelry I have worn, aside from my engagement ring!!

Lizp, I really like the pictures of your dresses. I think they are young and fresh and you look very pretty.

Barb

Ditto! Love them all! I really like the brown formal - I think it's a refreshing change from all the black & red you see on cruises!

Ditto! Love them all! I really like the brown formal - I think it's a refreshing change from all the black & red you see on cruises!

Thanks!! I don't wear a lot of black in general. I find it much too harsh on me! Browns, greys, greens, blues.... Bring 'em on!

That brown dress is one of my favorite dresses of all time, and I actually fit into it again for the first time since that photo was taken in 2009! Can't wait to wear it in April (though it will have to be early in the cruise, it does only JUST fit ;) )

Thanks!! I don't wear a lot of black in general. I find it much too harsh on me! Browns, greys, greens, blues.... Bring 'em on!

That brown dress is one of my favorite dresses of all time, and I actually fit into it again for the first time since that photo was taken in 2009! Can't wait to wear it in April (though it will have to be early in the cruise, it does only JUST fit ;) )

Well I'm one of those people who wears alot of black & gray - but you may have inspired me to look for a brown formal!

I bought this necklace .. and so I need a dress to wear with it..what do you think of this LBD ?

I think it would be lovely. The necklace needs something a bit basic and understated so that it stands out even more and that dress does the trick. Good find!!

Wow, there are some beautiful dresses in this thread!

I'm looking for an opinion from you ladies about the dresses I plan to wear on my upcoming RCI cruise. The one that I plan to wear first formal night- the captains gala- is floor length and completely formal night appropriate. The second dress is a bit more of a question mark.

I bought a beautiful floor length black gown that is relatively straight from the bust through the hem. I hung it on the back of my bedroom door and one of my cats decided that she wanted to use it as a scratching post :eek: She put 2 slits about 1in long each in the bottom of the front of the dress. they were a bit too high to be taken off when it was hemmed so I told my seamstress to make it an asymmetrical hem (knee length in the front and long in the back) to fix it. My question is, in your opinions, is this still appropriate for formal night? I've always worn long gowns for formal nights and am just not sure of the appropriateness of the asymmetrical hem... I don't know if it makes any difference but DH is planning on just a suit (leaving the tux at home this time) and we're both relatively young (30's).

I will post pics when I get them back from the seamstress next week.

I'm looking for an opinion from you ladies about the dresses I plan to wear on my upcoming RCI cruise. The one that I plan to wear first formal night- the captains gala- is floor length and completely formal night appropriate. The second dress is a bit more of a question mark.

I bought a beautiful floor length black gown that is relatively straight from the bust through the hem. I hung it on the back of my bedroom door and one of my cats decided that she wanted to use it as a scratching post :eek: She put 2 slits about 1in long each in the bottom of the front of the dress. they were a bit too high to be taken off when it was hemmed so I told my seamstress to make it an asymmetrical hem (knee length in the front and long in the back) to fix it. My question is, in your opinions, is this still appropriate for formal night? I've always worn long gowns for formal nights and am just not sure of the appropriateness of the asymmetrical hem... I don't know if it makes any difference but DH is planning on just a suit (leaving the tux at home this time) and we're both relatively young (30's).

I think you should be fine with the asymmetrical hem - the "hi-low" look seems to be very popular right now anyway - I see lots of skirts and dresses that way in the store right now -

If it looks anything like this when it comes back, absolutely!

red.jpg.7b629b44a700b1ada26085753804dce5.jpg

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER