Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Thank you, KLLund for brand names! That helps a lot in my search.

Gymbomb - If they don't have the toe strap, why wouldn't you wear pantyhose? I like the black hose look with the black formal dresses, so I'm just wondering why you wouldn't wear hose. Would your feet slip out of them? Or would it just look kinda dumb?

Thanks!

~ Shari

I'm probably like a lot of people--I don't like the look of sandals or open shoes with hose--no matter what, the toe area looks funny, even with the so-called sandal foot hose.

It's a personal preference, but it isn't often any more that you see hose worn with sandals. My feet are actually more slippery when I have hose on.

I must admit there are certain shoes that feel better with hose; especially those that stick to my feet.

Gymbomb - If they don't have the toe strap, why wouldn't you wear pantyhose? I like the black hose look with the black formal dresses, so I'm just wondering why you wouldn't wear hose. Would your feet slip out of them? Or would it just look kinda dumb?

Thanks!

~ Shari

Wear what makes you happy! You'll read a lot of comments against hose with sandals but they're just opinions. Not that this next part would pertain to you but..........Some people wear hose with sandals for various reasons including deformed toes or nails. Sometimes they just get tired of always wearing closed-toed shoes and want to enjoy the feel of sandals. They may be frowned on by those who have nice feet and don't realize how fortunate they are and aren't understanding.

If you like the way they look or feel, wear hose. It's your vacation and you should enjoy every minute of it. Don't give it a second thought.

I love that dress! We are cruising in two weeks and too much of my dinner wear is black.

PS My husband is of Finnish descent. His grandfather emigrated to Maine to avoid the Russian draft during World War 1.

Thanks for the compliments! I don't wear a lot of black so I wanted something else and just last week one of my colleagues said that purple is my color. So... I bought this.

There aren't a lot of us Finns here in Cruise Critic (or otherwise, only 5 million of us in the world) so it was nice to hear about your husband's Finnish roots. :) Have you ever been to Finland?

Love it!!! Have one very similar only in turquoise. I love that dress! It didn't wrinkle and I felt great in it. There was only one problem--we were standing in the lobby waiting to have our photo taken and the ship dancers were wearing the exact same color. :o My friends kept teasing me that I'd be late for the show!:rolleyes:

Oh no! One more dilemma for us ladies. We really should know in advance what color the dancers and such are wearing... ;)

But thanks, I hope I'll feel great in my dress as well on our cruise.

There aren't a lot of us Finns here in Cruise Critic (or otherwise, only 5 million of us in the world) so it was nice to hear about your husband's Finnish roots. :)

You are the fourth one I've encountered :)

Plenty of those with Finnish roots though, mostly from Canada :D

Edited by Sinppu

Thanks!

~ Shari

For me it would be both of those, combined with my general dislike for panty hose :) In the Caribbean and other warm weather destinations I go for the strappy dress sandals or wedges and skip the hose. For Alaska I packed closed toe shoes and panty hose (I think they were black kitten heels?) to wear with a 3/4 sleeve black dress for "formal" night. However, as mentioned above everyone should wear what they personally are comfortable with! I wouldn't think you were weird for wearing them as long as your hose were those designed to be worn with open toe shoes and not the ones with the giant seam on the toe.

Edited by gymbomb

Wear what makes you happy! You'll read a lot of comments against hose with sandals but they're just opinions. Not that this next part would pertain to you but..........Some people wear hose with sandals for various reasons including deformed toes or nails. Sometimes they just get tired of always wearing closed-toed shoes and want to enjoy the feel of sandals. They may be frowned on by those who have nice feet and don't realize how fortunate they are and aren't understanding.

If you like the way they look or feel, wear hose. It's your vacation and you should enjoy every minute of it. Don't give it a second thought.

Suitcasefull & Gymbomb - you are so sweet! I can't say I LOVE the feel of pantyhose, but my legs just look sleeker in them, and I get blisters easily on my feet (maybe because of my high arches), so the pantyhose helps with the friction.

Thank you for all your help, fashionistas! On your next cruise, if you see a tall blonde with sandals and black pantyhose, it might be me :)

~ Shari

Thanks for the compliments! I don't wear a lot of black so I wanted something else and just last week one of my colleagues said that purple is my color. So... I bought this.

There aren't a lot of us Finns here in Cruise Critic (or otherwise, only 5 million of us in the world) so it was nice to hear about your husband's Finnish roots. :) Have you ever been to Finland?

We haven't been to Finland but plan to when our youngest goes to college in a few years. My father-in-law was born in Maine but there was such an extensive Finnish community then he spoke only Finnish until he went to school. He went to Finland after he retired and people were amazed by his Finnish, except they said it was old fashioned (he was born in 1926.)

There is a Finnish church in Maine where he grew up and we go there occasionally- there are still a few elderly people there who speak mostly Finnish. Our daughter loves trying to sing hymns in Finnish and then eating all the nissua she can at the gathering afterwards.

And getting back to your dress, the purple is lovely. I started packing and black, black, black. Black with sequins, black and gold, black and white. I have one lavender floral silk that I am taking. It makes the shoes easier but I am tired of too much black.

Barb

Edited by Warmer Climes

Here is what I wore for our 25th anniversary vow renewal on HAL Zuiderdam in Alaska last September. Thanks to all the ladies who posted pics - they really helped me decide what to wear!

Here is the dress

919Tdress_zpsac6427c3.jpg

This during the vow ceremony

TMvows_zps750669d6.jpg

Here is what I wore for our 25th anniversary vow renewal on HAL Zuiderdam in Alaska last September. Thanks to all the ladies who posted pics - they really helped me decide what to wear!

Here is the dress

TMvows_zps750669d6.jpg

Very pretty dress..I love that blue....You both look so happy, such a sweet picture!

Here is the dress

TMvows_zps750669d6.jpg

Beautiful dress and I can't believe that you are old enough to be married 25 years! Your husband is one lucky man (and he appears to know that!).

Is this what you mean by Pashmina? http://www.amazon.com/Pashmina-Shawl-Scarf-Stole-black/dp/B003DHSE7S/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I'd love one of these, not just for formal night either!

:D

~ Shari

They have pashminas for sale at my local AC Moore store - yes, the crafts store - they're either 5 or 10 dollars! :D

Hello Ladies, Here's a dress I got last wk. at a Penny's that closed in Titusville, FL. Great bargin, $36. & it fit's great. :)

20130127_155853_zpsbc6ab079.jpg

20130127_155816_zps57b58778.jpg

Judy,

Really cute dress...that looks like you! If you don't have any plans, come on down to the Post this Thursday for the Valentine dance. Would love to have you..:)

Judy' date='

Really cute dress...that looks like you! If you don't have any plans, come on down to the Post this Thursday for the Valentine dance. Would love to have you..:)[/quote']

Thanks Sherrie for the invite, but again this year my DH is out of town until Thurs. PM, so we wouldn't beable to make it, but at least he'll be home in the PM & the nx day for my birthday! :)

Also, glad everyone liked my bargain on the dress. The color didn't show up to good tho, it's actually a lighter gray than what it looks like in the pic, almost a "silver gray".

Thanks Sherrie for the invite, but again this year my DH is out of town until Thurs. PM, so we wouldn't beable to make it, but at least he'll be home in the PM & the nx day for my birthday! :)

Also, glad everyone liked my bargain on the dress. The color didn't show up to good tho, it's actually a lighter gray than what it looks like in the pic, almost a "silver gray".

Certainly understand....we will still find a time to get together sometime! It may have to be a cruise!:D Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:)

Hello Ladies, Here's a dress I got last wk. at a Penny's that closed in Titusville, FL. Great bargin, $36. & it fit's great. :)

20130127_155853_zpsbc6ab079.jpg

20130127_155816_zps57b58778.jpg

WOW Great dress , I live 15 minutes from Titusville (my son and DIL live there) I didnt even know they were closing :(