Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I got this dress as well as several other for my DD. She is 11 and is big for her age. She is a total tom boy but LOVES dressing up every night for the MDR. All were $14 or less. I love a good deal. If I can find a dress for every night for under $ then she will have them. It is just so nice to see her without sports gear on, lol

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/women/fair-square-prices/month-long-values/sequin-party-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001600041&catId=cat100240012&deptId=dept20000015&Ns=PLH&Nao=96&pN=5&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

HAHA!! Yeah, Arhillbilly, do you get such great deals on cruises, too? I want you to be my travel agent and fashion stylist! ;)

Thank you. I do tend to find pretty good deals on cruises (since I go solo 98% of the time, I have to find good deals), but that's because I avg 10-12 hours a day on the computer looking for them. I am no fashion expert for sure.....I tend to wear what I like and what I think looks good on me and don't worry about what other people thinks

Hi ladies -- just wanted to share this picture with you. I go to school in DC and was lucky enough to attend the inaugural ball. One of my best friends went too, so I thought I'd post a picture of us in our dresses. I am the one on the right, can't wait to wear this on my next cruise :)

I like it :)

I love the flapper dress!

Maggie

Thank you. It belongs to a friend of mine. I call it her "hoochie mama" dress.....was talking to some black women on my last cruise....asked them if they knew of any white woman that would wear this dress and they said no way. Told them that this white woman was wearing it (they are the ones that called it a "hoochie mama" dress....for the record....also had a fun time about me wearing it....so please don't anyone take offense to this).....Had A LOT of compliments on it

I got this dress as well as several other for my DD. She is 11 and is big for her age. She is a total tom boy but LOVES dressing up every night for the MDR. All were $14 or less. I love a good deal. If I can find a dress for every night for under $ then she will have them. It is just so nice to see her without sports gear on, lol

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/women/fair-square-prices/month-long-values/sequin-party-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001600041&catId=cat100240012&deptId=dept20000015&Ns=PLH&Nao=96&pN=5&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

This is really cute....I'm sure she will look like a little princess in it

Edited by arhillbilly

Thank you. It belongs to a friend of mine. I call it her "hoochie mama" dress.....was talking to some black women on my last cruise....asked them if they knew of any white woman that would wear this dress and they said no way. Told them that this white woman was wearing it (they are the ones that called it a "hoochie mama" dress....for the record....also had a fun time about me wearing it....so please don't anyone take offense to this).....Had A LOT of compliments on it

This is really cute....I'm sure she will look like a little princess in it

Thank you so much!

The hoochie mama dress is a bad ass statement dress. You are a honey badger!!! and that is said with a smile.

Ladies,

The pewter dress just arrived....it is really cute and I love the color...:) However, I noticed when I bid on the dress that the measurments were not listed....I had already bid and won when I found out the dress has a bust of 42 inches! :eek:

I know, I had a moment, should have asked before hand, but I really liked the color...Anyway, I called the local chapter of "The Cinderella Project" in my town and they are thrilled to have the dress. Hopefully there is a young lady that is a lot more "busty" at eighteen that I was or am! :o:rolleyes::D

At least I feel good knowing that it will be used for a good cause and make one young lady feel very special on her big night.:)

2034113366_PewterSuziChin.jpg.64d0068fae0b95a7969a782b57420f36.jpg

Ladies' date='[/color']

The pewter dress just arrived....it is really cute and I love the color...:) However, I noticed when I bid on the dress that the measurments were not listed....I had already bid and won when I found out the dress has a bust of 42 inches! :eek:

I know, I had a moment, should have asked before hand, but I really liked the color...Anyway, I called the local chapter of "The Cinderella Project" in my town and they are thrilled to have the dress. Hopefully there is a young lady that is a lot more "busty" at eighteen that I was or am! :o:rolleyes::D

At least I feel good knowing that it will be used for a good cause and make one young lady feel very special on her big night.:)

What a wonderful thiing to do!!

Just bought 3 dresses during Dillard's clearance that's going on now. All three were only about $100 combined! Two are nonreturnable, so hoping they fit...but for $35 I took the gamble. Sorry I haven't figured out how to post pix yet, but here are the links;

http://www.dillards.com/product/Max-and-Cleo-Sequined-Mesh-Evening-Dress_301_-1_301_503397770

Not sure about the color, but loved the style --

http://www.dillards.com/product/Hailey-by-Adrianna-Papell-Dress_301_-1_301_503694208

And more casual --

http://www.dillards.com/product/Max-and-Cleo-Dress_301_-1_301_503298405

As you can tell, I tend to gravitate toward the longer asymmetrical hems. Had knee surgery and hate flashing my scars on formal night, and I'm just not a long gown type of gal. Feedback welcome!

Very Lovely dresses! Loved that shell pink/coral one!

Just bought 3 dresses during Dillard's clearance that's going on now. All three were only about $100 combined! Two are nonreturnable, so hoping they fit...but for $35 I took the gamble. Sorry I haven't figured out how to post pix yet, but here are the links;

http://www.dillards.com/product/Max-and-Cleo-Sequined-Mesh-Evening-Dress_301_-1_301_503397770

http://www.dillards.com/product/Hailey-by-Adrianna-Papell-Dress_301_-1_301_503694208

And more casual --

As you can tell, I tend to gravitate toward the longer asymmetrical hems. Had knee surgery and hate flashing my scars on formal night, and I'm just not a long gown type of gal. Feedback welcome!

Hi ladies -- just wanted to share this picture with you. I go to school in DC and was lucky enough to attend the inaugural ball. One of my best friends went too, so I thought I'd post a picture of us in our dresses. I am the one on the right, can't wait to wear this on my next cruise :)

How neat:)...I wish I could see your dress more clearly...is it a

design on the front of your dress?

Drew's wife:

I LOVE that pewter dress and was going to get it for myself, but when I went back to bid on it, the auction was over :eek:

I wish I knew, I need the extra room in the chest area!! I bought SIX dresses over the last week on eBay and NONE of them fit me because of my 38DD+......all of them have to go back :mad:

Back to the drawing board!

PS- so happy that some very lucky girl will get to enjoy that beautiful dress:D

Drew's wife:

I LOVE that pewter dress and was going to get it for myself, but when I went back to bid on it, the auction was over :eek:

I wish I knew, I need the extra room in the chest area!! I bought SIX dresses over the last week on eBay and NONE of them fit me because of my 38DD+......all of them have to go back :mad:

Back to the drawing board!

PS- so happy that some very lucky girl will get to enjoy that beautiful dress:D

Oh I wish I had known you were bidding....I knew at once that after I bid and she emailed me giving me the measurements that I couldn't wear it, but I was still compelled to honor the bid. I would have just stopped bidding.

Sorry to hear that you have had such bad luck with your dresses. Thankfully the seller will take them back....this lady just said "sorry, hope you can alter it"....oh well you win some, you lose some.:rolleyes:

And more casual --

Love, Love, LOVE!!

I wanted to order the black/blue/green one, but it is no longer available :(

You'll look great in all three! I know about the scar thing, I had two shoulder surgeries last year due to a tumble down some stairs at work, and I have the ugliest scar! So I wear the "scar therapy" silicone sheets when I wear something that reveals my shoulder! I tried vitamin E, Mederma, and the scar therapy, but, it didn't help much - oh well!

Edited by wrcjr98

Love, Love, LOVE!!

I wanted to order the black/blue/green one, but it is no longer available :(

You'll look great in all three! I know about the scar thing, I had two shoulder surgeries last year due to a tumble down some stairs at work, and I have the ugliest scar! So I wear the "scar therapy" silicone sheets when I wear something that reveals my shoulder! I tried vitamin E, Mederma, and the scar therapy, but, it didn't help much - oh well!

It might be too late to help this time, but try gently massaging scars as soon as you get them and all external sutures are removed. It helps keep the tissue pliable and scars less noticable. I heard about this method right before my last surgery, and my scars are very narrow and almost indistinguishable from normal skin. Of course, they are in an area that never sees the light of day. :eek:

It might be too late to help this time, but try gently massaging scars as soon as you get them and all external sutures are removed. It helps keep the tissue pliable and scars less noticable. I heard about this method right before my last surgery, and my scars are very narrow and almost indistinguishable from normal skin. Of course, they are in an area that never sees the light of day. :eek:

Thanks! I'll try it! I started using the merderma really soon, and I'm on my third tube, and, I don't think it's helping? My scar is really red, and raised - they did go thru the same incision twice though, so that may not help me! But thanks for the massage info - my physical therapist does that sometimes he said to break down the scar tissue - I never thought about doing it myself while watching tv or something - worth a try!!

wrcjr98,

Definitely do the massage youself. Put some cocoa butter cream on the scar and massage away.

I have had a number of surgeries (bilateral mastectomies and reconstruction) and have done the massge myself. Be sure your surgeon gives the OK. My surgeon didn't want me to start the massaging until about 3 -4 weeks after the sutures were removed to make sure all the underlying tissue and skin were well healed.