Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Well it took me two full days, but I read every page of this great fashion forum! :). LOVE seeing all of the dress pics, as well as the accessories.......I am a shoe fanatic! I am going on my first cruise since 1998 with my entire family and have started shopping......both on-line and in my closet. I already have 2 formal dresses, but keep wanting to buy more after reading everyone's posts and seeing everyone's great dresses! I'm sure I will post pictures once I get my wardrobe finalized......still have 116 days:D

Let me guess Ross knowing arhillbilly's addiction to the place:D

Well you are partly right...this one actually came from Roses.....a "sister" store to Ross....LOL

Hi there! I am in love with this dress! Do you remember where you got it? I'm now on a search to find it :) Thanks for your help!

I got it at Roses in Memphis TN.....If you can't find it in the next couple of weeks, I will be back in Memphis and would be glad to pick you up one.......it was either $10, $12.50 or $15.....I bought several that day, so I'm not sure of the price, but it was one of those prices.

I got it at Roses in Memphis TN.....If you can't find it in the next couple of weeks, I will be back in Memphis and would be glad to pick you up one.......it was either $10, $12.50 or $15.....I bought several that day, so I'm not sure of the price, but it was one of those prices.

Oh my, would you do that for me? I'm from Wisconsin, and go to school out in Washington, DC and have never even seen a Roses before! I looked it up -- but it doesn't look like they sell their dresses online. I just love it and it would really mean the world to me :)

Oh my, would you do that for me? I'm from Wisconsin, and go to school out in Washington, DC and have never even seen a Roses before! I looked it up -- but it doesn't look like they sell their dresses online. I just love it and it would really mean the world to me :)

I will do that for you. Any idea what size you would want?

Well it took me two full days, but I read every page of this great fashion forum! :). LOVE seeing all of the dress pics, as well as the accessories.......I am a shoe fanatic! I am going on my first cruise since 1998 with my entire family and have started shopping......both on-line and in my closet. I already have 2 formal dresses, but keep wanting to buy more after reading everyone's posts and seeing everyone's great dresses! I'm sure I will post pictures once I get my wardrobe finalized......still have 116 days:D

A very warm welcome to Cruise Fashions & Beauty drlisatfm but BE WARNED, this thread is highly addictive and you will require an extra hour in your day from now on. :)

KazaKaza ....I am so glad that your are going long, I have been ummming and ahhing over long or short....At least now I know someone else will be in Long Formalwear on our cruise!!! :) These are the two dresses I have chosen in the Blue and Coral

1233499857_formal1.jpg.9812dc30fdfafc587564158a97a7d514.jpg

830816208_formal2.jpg.f32321ba506542672a3ae89efa398d6a.jpg

Edited by redned09
left off comment

KazaKaza ....I am so glad that your are going long, I have been ummming and ahhing over long or short....At least now I know someone else will be in Long Formalwear on our cruise!!! :) These are the two dresses I have chosen in the Blue and Coral

Love these.....where did you get them?

I am either a L or XL -- but since it's a maxi dress and I like those to be a bit roomier, I think I'll go with an XL.

Thank you so much, this really means a lot to me!!

My email is envons @ gmail (dot) com

No problem. I hope to be going to Memphis in the next couple of weeks. Would have this weekend, but I am fighting a cold.....Still might go on Sunday if I feel like it since I will be 1/2 way there (I am doing a business expo 1/2 way between me & Memphis)

The dress came and it fits!!!:D I do need to move the buttons a bit on the halter to tighten it up and (give the "girls" a lift) but that won't be difficult. The hardest part will be the hem. I'm short and It's longer than I expected. I told Drew's Wife I could either go with the flow and pick it up or wear really tall shoes. Ha!:rolleyes: May have to find a seamstress somewhere for that.

It's much prettier and dressier than I expected. It has a flowy, sheer, overlay that floats when I walk. When I showed it to DH he said "That looks like it should be worn on a cruise!" He's so smart!

1078529759_EllenTracydress.jpg.50edd84d1122224d7f5fa714625f5b79.jpg

Edited by jkudzu

The dress came and it fits!!!:D I do need to move the buttons a bit on the halter to tighten it up and (give the "girls" a lift) but that won't be difficult. The hardest part will be the hem. I'm short and It's longer than I expected. I told Drew's Wife I could either go with the flow and pick it up or wear really tall shoes. Ha!:rolleyes: May have to find a seamstress somewhere for that.

It's much prettier and dressier than I expected. It has a flowy, sheer, overlay that floats when I walk. When I showed it to DH he said "That looks like it should be worn on a cruise!" He's so smart!

[ATTACH]261633[/ATTACH]

Hubby is right - that dress looks perfect for a cruise. I am always so excited when something I ordered actually fits and I like it as much as I liked the little picture of it. Being short I usually have to hem everything. I used to do it myself but as I have gotten older I'd just as soon have someone do it for me (especially something sheer like the overlay you mentioned). I have found a couple of good seamstresses at local dry cleaners.

[ATTACH]261633[/ATTACH]

So happy about your dress! Now that Rob, he is a very wise man!;)

A very warm welcome to Cruise Fashions & Beauty drlisatfm but BE WARNED, this thread is highly addictive and you will require an extra hour in your day from now on. :)

I agree! My cruise was in December, I don't even have another one booked yet - but I still read Cruise Critic several times a week! Especially the fashion threads!!

I don't know what's gotten into me. Maybe it's the incredible longing for warmer weather! I bought another dress on Ebay. I put in a $9.99 bid thinking there's no way I'll ever get it for that and planned to check on it and up the bid. I got busy making a costume for my grandson and completely forgot only to check later and find out that I won!:D It's a halter, cocktail dress with similar colors to the other dress I got this week. Now I guess I really have to book a cruise!;)

754760822_blusagedress.jpg.b63d47f52bd6258b3980329057de2853.jpg

2144064092_Blusage2.jpg.6b54d6f58dc32230db978ce57b84b80a.jpg