Complimentary mini bar set up trade

I'll become elite next year. Since neither DH nor I drink may I swap the free mini bar set up for something else? I'm sure this has been asked but I never thought I would become elite so I never paid attention. Thank you for any info.

You can swap for a bottle of wine, two coffee cards (not sure how this is affected on the ships with Medallionet), or swap anything on a 1:1 for any canned soda or tonic. You can swap as many as you want. For instance, half Coke, half Diet Coke. They also have Sprite Zero.

I'll become elite next year. Since neither DH nor I drink may I swap the free mini bar set up for something else? I'm sure this has been asked but I never thought I would become elite so I never paid attention. Thank you for any info.

Here you go - what's included, what it can be swapped for, etc:

Princess Elite Mini-bar

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

how does "medallion.net" change anything at all about the way a mini bar set-up can be exchanged?:confused:
Not sure. I just know that you no longer get a physical coffee card. That’s relatively recent so I don’t know whether each passenger in the cabin gets the coffee package on their folio.

how does "medallion.net" change anything at all about the way a mini bar set-up can be exchanged?:confused:

It does not change anything.

On all the ships now, with and without Medallion.net, if you exchange the mini-bar for two coffee "cards", they will be placed on your cruise cards which must be swiped each time you get a "free" coffee/tea or one that requires a punch.

Not sure. I just know that you no longer get a physical coffee card. That’s relatively recent so I don’t know whether each passenger in the cabin gets the coffee package on their folio.

Princess states the electronic coffee program was implemented fleetwide in June & posts from passengers said that in exchange for the complete elite minibar both passengers receives 15 specialty & unlimited brewed coffees during the cruise.

I wonder if they would give you 1 coffee card and 4 bottles of water?

Based on the FAQs in post #6...no.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Once again people are confusing Medallion Cruises with Medallion.Net. The first is a cruise where you use the medallion to open doors, purchase items, etc. The second is upgraded Internet service. The two don't really have anything to do with each other. Princess has made decided on an unfortunate naming convention that causes confusion.

Once again people are confusing Medallion Cruises with Medallion.Net. The first is a cruise where you use the medallion to open doors, purchase items, etc. The second is upgraded Internet service. The two don't really have anything to do with each other. Princess has made decided on an unfortunate naming convention that causes confusion.

I believe Princess is somewhat trying to correct that by rebranding the medallion.net as PrincessCONNECT or something like that ( i'm sure all my followers will be lined up to make corrections to my postings ):rolleyes:

Princess states the electronic coffee program was implemented fleetwide in June & posts from passengers said that in exchange for the complete elite minibar both passengers receives 15 specialty & unlimited brewed coffees during the cruise.
Previously, a single was able to exchange for two coffee cards. Do they now get the electronic equivalent or just one?

I believe Princess is somewhat trying to correct that by rebranding the medallion.net as PrincessCONNECT or something like that ( i'm sure all my followers will be lined up to make corrections to my postings ):rolleyes:

Except that the recent publicity for the Enchanted Princess uses the Medallion.net terminology.

This may be of interest to new or almost Elites:

The one time mini bar set up for Elites applies to any lenghth of cruise. Even one or three day cruises... Per my question to Princess.

I was disappointed that we cant swap out our mini bar for one coffee card and other non alcoholic items for the other half. With the move to an electronic card, we wouldnt get our full value out of two coffee cards on a shorter voyage. However I can see why they changed from the cards...too many ebay sales?

Previously, a single was able to exchange for two coffee cards. Do they now get the electronic equivalent or just one?

Pam, I just received a call from Princess in reply to my email with my concerns about the coffee program & asked your question...you’ll receive two 15 specialty coffee programs added to your cruise card.

You won’t need 30 specialty coffees on a 7-day cruise & I suggested that they allow passengers to get one 15 specialty coffee program & another option because they expire at the end of the cruise & as stated in the T&Cs she confirmed they are not usable on B2B cruises.

She was told by management that the T&C statement that the number of purchased specialty coffees “vary by itinerary” only applies to a few cruises where coffee consumption is less popular. I recommended that they have it vary by the length of the cruise because some of us won’t purchase a 15 specialty coffee program on shorter cruises. Nor will my wife & I exchange our minibar for 30 specialty coffees on shorter cruises.

She’ll pass on my concerns & recommendations to management but doubt if changes will result unless it adversely affects coffee sales or less likely as a result of hearing from many passengers about their unhappiness. Not happy about them expiring at the end of the cruise which is compounded by having only 15 specialty coffee programs no matter the length of the cruise.

I am planning to swap out my set up for all soda on my upcoming cruise. I presume, seeing there are twenty items in the set-up, I can get 20 cans of soda.

Can any one enlighten me as to the available flavours of soda apart from cola, tonic and sprite? I am particularly fond of ginger beer or ginger ale.

TIA:)

I am planning to swap out my set up for all soda on my upcoming cruise. I presume, seeing there are twenty items in the set-up, I can get 20 cans of soda.

Can any one enlighten me as to the available flavours of soda apart from cola, tonic and sprite? I am particularly fond of ginger beer or ginger ale.

TIA:)

You can get 20 sodas and they have ginger ale in addition to the others you mentioned.