HDMI Ports on the redesigned Victory?

Photoc

The only information I have found is from pre-upgrade to the Victory. Are the HDMI ports on the TV's working or are they disabled? Would love to bring my SNES mini along for when I'm a little lit at night and want to relax with some Mario Kart.

What happens if you just plug into the HDMI the room is using, then you wouldn't have to worry about changing inputs. Otherwise you could bring a cheap universal remote. Definitely seeing conflicting reports here on the boards. One guy had pictures from Vista and it was working fine. I have not seen any confirmation specifically for the Victory though. He posted the pics on a site we can't access directly on CC. I moved them elsewhere so they could be embedded. My last cruise was on the Magic and I seem to recall an Xbox Madden tournament on our hallway. Adjoining rooms with a bunch of guys. I didn't inquire about how they hooked them up together or anything.

HDMI.jpg

device.jpg

I wonder if the below method would work. Just unhook the input HDMI for their system and plug in my system. I guess I could try it, these mini consoles weigh a total of about 1 pound and take up very little room in a suitcase.

What happens if you just plug into the HDMI the room is using, then you wouldn't have to worry about changing inputs. Otherwise you could bring a cheap universal remote. Definitely seeing conflicting reports here on the boards. One guy had pictures from Vista and it was working fine. I have not seen any confirmation specifically for the Victory though. He posted the pics on a site we can't access directly on CC. I moved them elsewhere so they could be embedded. My last cruise was on the Magic and I seem to recall an Xbox Madden tournament on our hallway. Adjoining rooms with a bunch of guys. I didn't inquire about how they hooked them up together or anything.

HDMI.jpg

I wonder if the below method would work. Just unhook the input HDMI for their system and plug in my system. I guess I could try it, these mini consoles weigh a total of about 1 pound and take up very little room in a suitcase.

Here's the link and quote from the Carnival FAQ website:

Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming

Here's the link and quote from the Carnival FAQ website:

Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming

Damn :(:loudcry::(:(ahh well, guess I'll have to drink more on the ship and stumble about while my wife wins at trivia :D Thank you for the reply as well.

I'm wondering why they are so strict about this. I don't really think you can do harm to a TV that way. Hotels let you plug stuff into HDMI ports. We were on the Vista afew months ago and had an issue with a PPV event that I had been looking forward to for months. We ended up streaming it off my wifes laptop. If your laptop has an HDMI port (most do) you may be able to use it as a monitor??

I'm wondering why they are so strict about this. I don't really think you can do harm to a TV that way. Hotels let you plug stuff into HDMI ports. We were on the Vista afew months ago and had an issue with a PPV event that I had been looking forward to for months. We ended up streaming it off my wifes laptop. If your laptop has an HDMI port (most do) you may be able to use it as a monitor??

If you're in your room, you aren't spending money on the ship is probably the biggest point. They figure if you're watching movies for hours on end, it's lost revenue for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not the Victory, but I was on the Horizon for the past week and wanted to report back what I found. I was in an interior cabin in havana (7457). The TV was an LG flat panel, it was a tight fit, but I had access to an HDMI port, two USB ports and one american style outlet (however you'll need a flat plug style extension cord to access it). Unfortunately while I remembered the WD player, HDMI cable and universal remote, I forgot the extension cord. So I wasn't able to test whether the hdmi would have worked, because I had no power access on that side of the room. The power for the fridge was a european style plug. But like I said there was one extra american style outlet, but the wd player power brick was too thick.

So then I plugged my thumbdrive directly into the USB port on the TV not expecting it to direct play my mkv files. But it did and worked fine. We didn't watch a lot of tv, but maybe an hour and a half or two hours worth of shows. And it worked great. The universal remote that I used was picked up last second at the local walmart for under $10.

I'm wondering why they are so strict about this. I don't really think you can do harm to a TV that way.

More than likely, it's because if someone is tech savvy and sets it up for their component and leaves it that way, the next cruiser come into that cabin and their TV doesn't work. Now they have to send a tech up to the cabin to undo what the previous cruiser did. It's just easier for them to disable that function.

Anytime I used the carnival provided remote, it would automatically be on the carnival content. Automatically changing the input and everything. It seems pretty fool proof, the way they have it setup. I think it's just a money thing in the end. The more time you're in the room watching your own content, the less time you're spending money. Either on on-demand content or out on the ship doing stuff.

I am sure if there was a way to disable universal remote method, they would do it, same as they have with the physical buttons on the screen.

Yall are making it wayyyy to hard. Here you go

Easy cheesy.

That would definitely not work on the Horizon. That looks like some ship that has been retrofitted with a flat panel where a tube tv used to be. You do not have access to that port on the Horizon, to take out that cable.

That would definitely not work on the Horizon. That looks like some ship that has been retrofitted with a flat panel where a tube tv used to be. You do not have access to that port on the Horizon, to take out that cable.

Good point, I haven't been on any of the newer ships. Magic being newest, and didn't attempt this.

I tried this on the Magic, Dream, and Conquest, never could get the source button to change to HDMI

Worked on Conquest for me. After unplugging phone cord. Source button on remote will never work(carnival remote.) source on TV worked after unplugging phone cord.