The Saga of Kenny the Kidnapped Brownie

kakalina

The Saga of Kenny the Kidnapped Brownie

I have to do this separately from our review.

Late in the afternoon after a day spent with friends in Honolulu we came back onboard the ship. I stopped in the Explorations Cafe because I saw a display of chocolate walnut brownies with frosting. Yum.

I took the brownie with me to aft 8 where the smokers tend to hang out. I was happily munching on my brownie and waiting for sailaway with about 8 of our CC group. I happened to mention that this was the best brownie I'd ever had in my life. In fact it was so good I left to get another one for myself and one for Virgil my DH.

I returned with brownies carefully wrapped in a napkin for later consumption. DH arrived at the table and we all got to talking and cocktailing. Eventually I excused myself for a minute. When I returned we gathered up our stuff and left to get ready for dinner. I had forgotten all about my carefully wrapped brownies.

That evening upon returning to our cabin. We found a ransom note on our door as follows:

" We have your brownie. If you want to see it in one piece, bring your Bloody Mary's tee shirt

to the Lido by the Retreat. When we see you with the shirt we will have an anonymous waitstaff trade the

brownie for the tee shirt.

Do not notify staff or security. If you do the brownie goes overboard without a life jacket."

We had a good giggle over it and took the note to the front office for a copy to share with friends. We left the original ransom note on the cabin door. We wrote in large letters at the bottom "We cannot and will not negotiate with terrorists, rest in peace Kenny." A victim has to have a name so we named the brownie Kenny after the guy in South Park that always gets killed.

Unbeknowst to us security walked past our cabin that night and took a picture of our door. It was then sent to the bridge with a question should they do something about the "terrorist note". Captain Rik Krombeen having a fantastic sense of humor said to leave it alone. The next day the Hotel Manager Robert Versteeg wanted to know what the deal was. He had seen the copy of the note the front office had kept. We advised him of what we knew and that we had a short list of about 8 people who could have done the dirty deed. He got a kick out of the whole thing.

Two days later after missing the ransom deadline we woke up to find pictures on our door of poor Kenny the brownie being tortured.

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

It was disturbing to say the least. Off we went to the front office for copies of the pictures. Staff could be heard laughing throughout the atrium. Suddenly we were celebrities and everyone wanted to know the latest on Kenny's kidnapping. At night we could hear people laughing as they stopped to read and/or take photos of our door. The next note threatened more dire results. The note said that the torture had begun and a small jewlery sized baggie was attached to the note with a small amount of crushed walnuts inside.

This went on throughout the cruise. Halfway through the cruise between Hawaii and French Polynesia we had our second CC meet and greet. I read the ransom note to eveyone at the get together and offered a bottle of champagne to anyone who could figure out the perpetrators of this terrible act. We had it narrowed down to a short list of 8 people.

Robert, the hotel manager had offered to have the Chief of Security come to the meeting but we declined in an attempt to save Kenny from further torture. Well, after I read the ransome note Robert asked for the microphone. He informed our group that he had security following up on the kidnapping and checking the carpets for suspicious brownie crumbs! He said he hadn't found Kenny but had found some of his relatives. At that moment two waiters came through the door each carrying a huge tray of brownies. Everyone had a good laugh and proceeded to eat the brownies.

A few days later there was a more vicious ransom note, threatning to cut Virgil's hair if they didn't get the tee shirt. A few days later there was a small baggie attached to our door with a lock of hair inside. This was beginning to get serious. We did not turn the tee shirt over as instructed to do in Papeete and just waited to hear the terrible news that Kenny had died in great distress. At this point we still did not know who was doing this, but the marvelous creativity and humor in the joke kept us getting up every morning anxious to see what was on our door that day.

At the final get together the perpetrator's made themselves known to us with the following poem that was read out loud:

" The Ken-Napping"

The best brownie ever was what she said, you must try this, and then she fled.

To the Explorer's Lounge where she dug up the treasure. One for us to sample and one for Virgil's pleasure. I'm not hungry now so I'll save it for later. Wrapped up in a napkin to take to the cabin. Some laughter and chatter, a cigarette or two. Time to go now there are things to do. The brownie forgotten. New friendships formed. We'll take this to them safe in my purse.

But wait! We could have fun with this let's put it to verse.

` A brownie for a tee shirt. It seems a fair trade. For pirates sail these high seas and booty must be made.

A note on the door the ransom must be delivered. One Bloody Mary tee shirt now to consider.

On the Lido we wait for the treasure to arrive. Here they come smiling. Something is wrong.

What's this? A Ken Napping you say. Oh my. . . I didn't laugh, now what do I say? Terrorists they call us not Pirates and no ranmsom will they pay. The Brownie must suffer on this very day.

Security was notifed against all the rules. The Chief Engineer found nothing funny in the kidnap of the brownie. Quickly the message went through the ship's ranks. With emails and pictures, what next the Bank? There has been a kidnapping onboard this ship. The terrorists took a

brownie no ransom was sent. The Captain must be told and his power must be lent.

Of the brownie he reads the message and tears run down his cheeks. Through his laughter he cries, We have pranksters onboard this could go on for weeks!

Let them have their fun he declares and approval is given.

War is declared, A reward has been proffered. A bottle of champagne if the names of the Ken nappers are offered. It's announced at a party for all to hear. The tale of poor Kenny, and those who hold him dear.

Remains were found, some say floating in milk on this very day. No quarter is given no Bloody tee shirt for them.

We will have to up the ante. . . And so to begin. Off with his nuts, shouts Captain Bligh. And tape them to the door so his Mommy will cry. The tee shirt will be mine at last. . . But Virgil just laughs, says ' time to kick some ass'.

In Papeete the stakes grow high. A hair cut for Virgil may bring the Bloody Mary tee shirt this night. Taped to the door a chunk of hair was found. They're after his hair now says Trish with a laugh.

They can buy their own dam tee shirt this one is mine, laughs Virgil they are only empty threats.

Darn! Captain Bligh mutters I wanted him to sweat. I lost this brave battle. No tee shirt for me.

Plans will be made for our next cruise on the high seas.

We hope fun and laughter was had by all on this adventurous voyage. We will miss you all as we head back home. May good luck and happiness follow whereever you roam."

Love the Ken- nappers - Susan and Ron "Playsprite and OmegaKom".

This mystery made this cruise one of the best and laughter filled cruises we've ever been on.

All the staff and crew that were in on it never let on a thing. Much fun was had by all. Many thanks to Ron, Susan and everyone else involved for a fantastic time.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Is this what adults do on a cruise that goes on for 33 days?? Were people so bored that they considered this entertainment? Apologies for being an old fogey who just doesn't get it.

Piet

I think this whole thing is a TOTAL hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What CLEVER fun!!!!!! I'm an old Fogey that thinks practical jokes involving FROSTED brownies is TERRIFIC! And it just got cleverer as time went on!

Anne

What wonderful Fun......

You're a great story teller, Trish.

Sounds like this was truly a fun and laughter filled cruise. :)

.............So where's a photo of the trays of brownies the stewards carried into your party? Show the Brownies!!! We want to see the Brownies!!! :D

I'm sorry I don't understand. Is this what adults do on a cruise that goes on for 33 days?? Were people so bored that they considered this entertainment? Apologies for being an old fogey who just doesn't get it.

Piet

Lighten up for goodness sake-----Nobody got drunk and fell overboard. They just had a good laugh with a running joke. It was a good ice-breaker that made for a "feel good" experience. I wasn't even there and I had a great laugh over the absurdity of it all. What fun!!:D

Too funny. :)

I love running gags like that . (Masterminded the dissappearence of a gingerbread man shaped refrigerator magnet at work one time myself *LOL)

Having friends and good fun like that makes a cruise even more enjoyable.

What a great bunch you all must be! That was just plain ol' outright FUNNY! I was trying to read this aloud to DH and was I laughing so hard, he finally said, "Just get up & let me read it for myself!" Then he got to laughing as well! I siad, "See! I told you so!"

Great job - you guys! Kudos for knowing how to have fun!! :D:D

Poor Kenny:( BUT Absolutely hilarious!!! I'm with everyone else who wants to sail with your group!! That is just so funny and to have everyone including the crew involved makes it even more hilariously funny!!:D

Joanie

Archived