mariner status update

CJcruzer

how long does it take, once home from last cruise, to get the mariner days updated on your profile?

I remember in the past it has been posted as soon as 4 days after....

what is the official statement from HAL regarding this, and what has been your recent experience with receiving days credited?

Carol

how long does it take, once home from last cruise, to get the mariner days updated on your profile?

I remember in the past it has been posted as soon as 4 days after....

what is the official statement from HAL regarding this, and what has been your recent experience with receiving days credited?

Carol

I was recently told 11 days by Guest Services but told them it was still not done. They told me to contact the Mariner's Society which I haven't done yet. It's now 15 days but no account for my April 2015 cruise on the Westerdam.

It has always been a matter of 3 or 4 days for me.

thanks Sail, I have always seen (or thought I remembered to have seen) my updated mariner status approx 3-4 days after completion of cruise.

thanks for confirming my belief.

it is not quite a week since disembarking, so not such a big deal. However, I will be checking the next week or two, and if the mariner days and sailing date do not show up, I will call mariner society or customer service.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

I called the Mariner Society today as a matter of a fact as I have normally seen mine in 4 or 5 days. they said the normal time line was 7 business days.

However they have a glitch in their system with a couple of cruises - including the Sail a Way Gang's Westerdam cruise so those haven't been taken into account yet. They say it should be rectified within 5 days, so possibly OP your cruise is one of the ones that have a "glitch".

I called the Mariner Society today as a matter of a fact as I have normally seen mine in 4 or 5 days. they said the normal time line was 7 business days.

However they have a glitch in their system with a couple of cruises - including the Sail a Way Gang's Westerdam cruise so those haven't been taken into account yet. They say it should be rectified within 5 days, so possibly OP your cruise is one of the ones that have a "glitch".

thanks kazu, it was actually your post, which mentioned not having received Mariner days for your Panama Canal cruise, that prompted me to check my Mariner status.

Hopefully all will be updated in the coming week or two! :)

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

Ahh, that explains it.

Thanks.

thanks kazu, it was actually your post, which mentioned not having received Mariner days for your Panama Canal cruise, that prompted me to check my Mariner status.

Hopefully all will be updated in the coming week or two! :)

Carol

I hope it will Carol :) Time will tell.

I also had to contact the Mariner Society to get ours updated; below is the email I received back from them:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. Upon completing your ms Westerdam April 11, 2015 cruise it usually takes approximately 7-10 days after the sailing ends for your Mariner profile to reflect the cruise and any onboard spending bonus or suite bonus you may be entitled to. It has been more than 10 days since you disembarked and there was a tech error that prevented your Westerdam cruise from being credited to your cruise history.

We have had the IT department fix the error and now have your cruise history up to date. We have included a copy of your updated cruise history.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at http://www.hollandamerica.com. We thank you for your continued patronage!

Kind Regards,

Gabriel

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800-547-9139

Like others, we remembered the history being updated within a week of the end of our cruises, which prompted me to email them.

Something a little different.

Just checked and our 17 day North Pacific Crossing just got partially credited. I got the 17 days, but none of our on board spend.

Also a question. We took an upsell to a Vista from a DA and then another upsell from the Vista to a Neptune. Shouldn't I be getting suite days since it was 2 upsells, not a free upgrade?

Edited by shrimp56

Something a little different.

Just checked and our 17 day North Pacific Crossing just got partially credited. I got the 17 days, but none of our on board spend.

Also a question. We took an upsell to a Vista from a DA and then another upsell from the Vista to a Neptune. Shouldn't I be getting suite days since it was 2 upsells, not a free upgrade?

When we had done something similar, we were told that since we paid a discounted price and not a "fare price" for a suite that we were upsold to, we were not eligible for the suite bonus. Hopefully that policy has changed and you get the bonus.

Edited by 0bnxshs

When we had done something similar, we were told that since we paid a discounted price and not a "fare price" for a suite that we were upsold to, we were not eligible for the suite bonus. Hopefully that policy has changed and you get the bonus.

I fear that you are right. One time we did receive suite credit, but we were already in a Vista before the upsell.

Edited by shrimp56

I fear that you are right. One time we did receive suite credit, but we were already in a Vista before the upsell.
0bnxshs is right. You only get the double credit if you were already in a "suite". An upsell to one does not get you the double credits, but you certainly did very well with your upsells, I must say :)

My understanding is the same as others. You must pay full fare for a suite to be eligible for double days. You need to start in a Vista suite prior to upsells to earn double days.

Laurie

My Westerdam cruise (Sail-away Gang) was just credited (was not up yesterday) but my onboard spend was not.:(

I'd be interested to know if any of the others on this cruise has the same thing happen.

My Westerdam cruise (Sail-away Gang) was just credited (was not up yesterday) but my onboard spend was not.:(

I'd be interested to know if any of the others on this cruise has the same thing happen.

Same here. It shows that we are now 2* but no spending credits yet.

you may join us in the 2* states as it is 30 nights and you already have 21 nights! :)

Mine must have happened sometime today. got the credit for the days but not the on board spending. grrrrrrr.

This is nuts!!! Do they have something against the Sail a Way Gang? LOL

I've never seen this happen before.

My days were posted without my onboard spend on the 17 day Volendam North Pacific Crossing.