mariner status update

CJcruzer

Maybe HAL just loved your Live From thread (as we all did!!) and are rewarding you??

Kazu seems to have won the highest bidder lottery with he extra 100 days and she was the leader of the Thread......

Indeed, this is crazy and WAY more strange than some of the weird charges and credits I've ever had to straighten out!

YAY!! Just came back to report mine seems to be fixed :D I did email the Mariner's society. Looks like the 5* is legit!

YAY!! Just came back to report mine seems to be fixed :D I did email the Mariner's society. Looks like the 5* is legit!

Congratulations !! You deserve it. Now enjoy those free PG dinners. I think I have about 40 credits to go for 5 Star

Some of it is fixed, some of it is not.

I lost the suite bonus credits, as I should have. But they still have me as a 3 star but my total is clearly 2 star. But the number of days to the next star level is saying the number needed to make 4 star, not 3 star.

Kazu!!!

Welcome to the 5 star level!!!!

You will love the 2 complimentary Pinnacle dinners! The Cooking class and spa are our next favourites. Congratulations!!

You will love the 2 complimentary Pinnacle dinners!

Just hope that accounting gets the math right; double check on this to be sure. It's not uncommon to be charged full price, then credited back half the cost of the dinner---not the full amount.

This happened to me for both Pinnacle dinners that I had on the cruise ended last Wednesday, and has also happened on other ships. I get the 4* Mariner discount easily, but not the 5*. (yes, they always fix it when I bring it to their attention; it's just that I shouldn't have to do that)

Kazu!!!

Welcome to the 5 star level!!!!

You will love the 2 complimentary Pinnacle dinners! The Cooking class and spa are our next favourites. Congratulations!!

thank you :o:D

just hope there will be openings for the PG dinner or can I book ahead, pay and ask to have the 5* applied?

1/2 off was fine, but what the heck :)

I will definitely have to look at what comes now. thanks for the tips.

Just hope that accounting gets the math right; double check on this to be sure. It's not uncommon to be charged full price, then credited back half the cost of the dinner---not the full amount.

This happened to me for both Pinnacle dinners that I had on the cruise ended last Wednesday, and has also happened on other ships. I get the 4* Mariner discount easily, but not the 5*. (yes, they always fix it when I bring it to their attention; it's just that I shouldn't have to do that)

I'm good at watching my onboard account. Back when the 4* benefit started and we booked on line I had to go ask for my 50%.

thanks for the tip Ruth, I will keep my eye out. A while to go before the next HAL cruise though :(

I always book our PG dinners ahead, pay for them and they have always been automatically credited our 5* Benefit. I prefer to book in advance and know I have the booking date and time I want. Five Star benefits are nice.... :)

They are finally getting on the ball - we got our "welcome home" email today, little do they know I already used the promo code when I booked our Alaska cruise, 2 days after we got home!

Also had an email from our new PCC at HAL - will see what she can do for us!

Forgot to say - no survey yet!

Edited by Vict0riann

This is so common! We've been charged $58 and credited $54 for our 5 star Pinnacle dinner. No one could figure this out! Took days and days to get it corrected.

And, no, you shouldn't have to bring it to their attention.

They are finally getting on the ball - we got our "welcome home" email today, little do they know I already used the promo code when I booked our Alaska cruise, 2 days after we got home!

Also had an email from our new PCC at HAL - will see what she can do for us!

Forgot to say - no survey yet!

We received the survey within 24 hours of arriving home. Filled it out. Received a response commenting on my comments. I had forgotten to mention someone so replied with my comments again. And have had a response to that one too.

But no "welcome home" email.

Our Mariner account has been updated correctly and we lost our 3* status. It was nice while it lasted. :p But we are 2* now so that is something. :) We have the correct number of sailing days and spending bonus days so they must have been working hard on Monday figuring it all out.

The "Thank you for Sailing with us" email arrived yesterday...into our junk folder so I didn't see it. It didn't mention the ZPM promotion but did say:

To show our appreciation for choosing Holland America Line, please accept a special bonus of up to $200 per person shipboard credit on your next new cruise booking. (You must book by July 17, 2015, to receive this special offer.)

We also received an email from the TA that said "Welcome home insert name here". Now nothing makes you feel appreiated like that! :rolleyes: ;)

Congrats to the new 5* Mariners. Have had same issues as Ruth. Have been on two cruises since achieving 5 star status, booked the PG dinners in advance of cruise and had battles getting the credits. I think a lot depends on the savvy of the PG Manager. It seems to vary from ship to ship. And if you have one of your free dinners the last night of the cruise, you may have to go to the Mariner's Society when you get home as I did when the Neptune Lounge Concierge had no clue as to what I was talking about.

We received the survey within 24 hours of arriving home. Filled it out. Received a response commenting on my comments. I had forgotten to mention someone so replied with my comments again. And have had a response to that one too.

But no "welcome home" email.

Our Mariner account has been updated correctly and we lost our 3* status. It was nice while it lasted. :p But we are 2* now so that is something. :) We have the correct number of sailing days and spending bonus days so they must have been working hard on Monday figuring it all out.

I have had much the same experience. I had a survey before I even got home from Seattle but no welcome home email. I was two star for two days until The glitch was fixed so back now to where I am supposed to be (spending credit is now showing).

What does the promo code in the welcome home email do for you?

The Welcome Home promo (ZPM) gives you OBC for your next cruise if booked within a certain time period, maybe a month or so.

You do not actually have to have received the email, just cite the ZPM promo. It should be on your account anyways!