Cruise-Mas Through the Panama Canal- Live from the Coral Princess- 12-17-15

TracieABD

HI Friends-

So I have debated wildly on whether or not to do a Live From for this cruise. I almost always write one, and it is a mostly joyful experience, but this cruise is a little different. I am not sure if I can be fun or funny. I just want to warn you up front.

Here is the background portion of the blog... I am traveling with my husband, who shall remain nameless (though his internet name is Bradley-- If you are wondering what an internet name is--- It is a super fun name that you just make up all by yourself-- sort of like the fake name you give the barista at Starbucks--- just to watch them misspell it on your cup!). Also joining us is my 23 year old son. For those of you who don't know, my mom was supposed to be coming on the cruise, but will not, as she passed away in July--- right after we returned from the British Isles. This was her dream-- to cruise the Panama Canal at Christmas time. And it seemed like a really, super fun idea to us, too. Now, we are all just escaping the holidays. Sort of trading them all in to be away for a bit. I will have you know that due to a little creative thinking and ingenious packing, we are bringing a bit of my mom with us. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell. (As a matter of fact, I think we will be taking my mom everywhere from here on in. She is pretty packable these days.

And now we are on our flight from Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale. My husband is regaling me with stories of cruises past and we are relaxed and waiting to land in Fort LaLa. We cruise tomorrow. That means tonight is Cruise-mas Eve!

More later...

Tracie-Lynn

Hi friends-

We managed to land that plane (we are very talented like that) and find our way to our hotel. We really wanted to Uber, but could not get all the logistics worked out, so we went with a cab.

The hotel is lovely... right on the beach. Some of the surrounding area- not so much. At the bellman's suggestion, we tried Casablanca for dinner. I had the beef kababs and Bradley had the seafood linguini. It was actually amazingly delicious. We have had a run of "meh" luck lately for dining. I hope this means our luck has turned!

We walked around a bit and then returned to our hotel. I think we are going to call it a night so we can make a reasonably early start of it--- on to the port!

Thanks for your nice comments! I am highly reinforced by feedback!:p

More tomorrow-

Tracie-Lynn

My condolences on the loss of your Mom. I'm sure your Mom will love cruising with all of you even though she is now in a different form. It's lovely to take her on her dream cruise.

I have always enjoyed your live threads. No need to keep them light and fluffy if you aren't feeling that way.

Casablanca is our favorite restaurant in FLL. Great choice!!

Cheers, Denise

Have an amazing time. Love Casablanca.

Also followed your other thred from a few days ago. Interested to hear what happens.

Enjoy!

-Andrew :-)

My condolences for your loss. Here's hoping that this cruise turns out to be the great escape you are looking for.

A Panama Canal cruise is high on my list so I'll be following along eagerly. Thank you for posting this "Live from..."

Bon voyage.

Hi - my wife and I will be watching your posts closely. We are booked for the February 5, 10 day Panama Canal cruise (partial transit) on Coral Princess. This is our first cruise ever, hoping we enjoy ourselves as everyone seems to enjoy cruising. Thanks for any tips or insight on this trip that you may provide in your posts!

TriumphGuy

Condolences for your loss. I'm sure your Mom is with you in spirt..just watch and listen :)

I too enjoy your entertaining writing. I love your sense of humor.

This cruise is also on our bucket list as well and I will be following along. We most likely won't get to this for 3 more years (after DH's retirement).

Have a wonderful cruise!

Bon voyage!! :D

Good morning, friends, from sunny Florida!

We are up and at 'em at the early hour of 8 am... Ha! It was great to sleep in a bit, though I did not sleep fabulously. We are on our balcony, enjoying a scone and a cup of coffee and the ocean sounds. Ahhhhhh.....

We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 23 year old son, who decided to drive down from Charlotte. Sure hope he makes it by 3 pm. I am rolling my eyes in only a way a mother can. He did just call to inform us that he is two hours away. Hope the tires hold up- the engine stays working, etc...

We are going to pack it up soon, leave our beautiful hotel and head to the ship in a bit. I hope to post more about embarkation and lunch in the MDR soon!

<sings quietly under her breath> Happy cruise day to me! Happy cruise day to me! Happy cruise day, to my fellow 2000 shipmates! Happy cruise day to me! (Is that just too obnoxious or what????)

More later-

Tracie-Lynn

Tracie ... Went on a Panama Canal cruise on Holland a few years back. Really educational and fun. I know you will have a great time ... Especially given your attitude.

Thanks for the "live"reports. I always find them fun to read, and great idea to bring a bit of your mom along. I'm sure she will enjoy looking down on all of you during the cruise.

Bon voyage on your cruise and my condolences on the loss of your mom, I know from reading your other posts how exciting this was to be, and still will be. I lost my dad 6 years ago on Christmas. I had a cruise booked with my DH to leave 2 weeks after he died and was torn as to whether or not to go, thinking I just wouldn't possibly be able to enjoy myself. My mother forced us to go, and while there were many melancholy moments, there were many beautiful moments and I did enjoy myself. )The first day at lunch we were listening to the piano player and he played the song that I danced with my father to at my wedding!!!)

So here's to wishing you a blend of both types of moments, and loving the fact that you brought mom along with you!!

Dana

Bon Voyage! I am enjoying reading about your Panama Canal cruise.

I am feeling cruise deprived after having to cancel our summertime cruise due to hubby's unexpected surgery (he's fine now). We are now booked on a Panama Canal cruise for February. Your Live From adds to our pre-cruise excitement.

Wishing you the best Cruise-mas ever.