$1 Deposit - Today Only! (Friday, April 27)

RJ2002

Excerpts from an email today from HAL:

$1 Deposit — Today Only!

In celebration of 145 years of our Dutch traditions and King’s Day in the Netherlands, we invite you to savor the timeless elegance of a classic cruise.

Book now—with a deposit of just one dollar—and start looking forward to the travel experience of a lifetime.*

Terms and Conditions: $1 deposit t is based on promo DL. $1 Deposit is available on select sailings outside of final payment that are 16 days or less (exclusions may apply.) For full terms and conditions applicable to your cruise, please refer to hollandamerica.com or the appropriate Holland America brochure. Offers have limited space and may be modified or withdrawn or sailing/departure dates may be substituted without prior notice. Subject to availability. Other restrictions may apply. Offer ends April 27, 2018. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.

Campaign ID: HEP1821MP2

That thread title :) caught my eye

Happy King's DAY to all our Dutch friends. I hope the cele brations on the ships are wonderful fun. HAL surely does know how to run a grand party.

$1 Deposit — Today Only!

In celebration of 145 years of our Dutch traditions and King’s Day in the Netherlands, we invite you to savor the timeless elegance of a classic cruise.

Book now—with a deposit of just one dollar—and start looking forward to the travel experience of a lifetime.*

So weird, but it's not showing for me. It's mostly just curiosity on my part, but I wonder why we don't all have the same experience - in my case no email, nothing on the website. And I'm definitely seeing the new site, although it looks different than it did a couple of days ago. Ah well, that's another topic.

Just for the heck of it, I priced out the $1 deposit and the full deposit. (Both Mariner and retail.)

You're basically paying an option cost for the dollar deposit. If you know what cruise you want, book regular fare.

We took advantage of the offer and booked the Rotterdam for March 2019. Pricing was the same as a few weeks ago using the Mariner discount.Yes, we will have to pay the full amount ( minus $2) in December but it sure was nice not to have to tie up $700 right now.

We took advantage of the offer and booked the Rotterdam for March 2019. Pricing was the same as a few weeks ago using the Mariner discount.Yes, we will have to pay the full amount ( minus $2) in December but it sure was nice not to have to tie up $700 right now.

Yes pricing was the same and still received the promotional of gratuities included.

Excerpts from an email today from HAL:

$1 Deposit — Today Only!

Is it non-refundable? :halo:

Seriously, April 27th is a good day to be afloat on a HAL ship, too.