What is your favorite food on RCI cruises?

I will be on Mariners in 08/09/09. Love to eat but only want to eat what i can consume as not to waste food.

My last cruises were all Carnival and my last RCI was Monarch of the Seas which is aprrox 10+ years ago in Southern Carribean.

Since there are too much items, trying everything could end up wasting food.

Anyone with suggestions for favorite must die for food items, or item where you think we should not bother, please contribute.

:^)

Although we preferred Chops to Portifinos, we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Tira Misu served in Portifinos. It is NOT the same as the one they serve on Italian night in the Main Dining Room.

BTW - You will love the Mariner. We sure did.

Erika

Vidalia onion tart and spinach salad the first night. Garlic shrimp on Italian night. Flourless chocolate cake and coconut cookies. Some of the Indian dishes are really good. And lobster tail. I used to really love the "golden sea bass", but it is not as tasty lately. Of the soups I like the lobster bisque and the cream of asperagus. I do not understand the many people who note they like the honey stung chicken, but then I don't usually eat breaded, fried food. But I tried it once and it was like cardboard...dry and tastless. Oh well, to each his own.

The Muffins are very good.

For desert in the windjammer I like the chocolate rolls. They are slices of chocolate cake and vanilla creme rolled into a swirl and sliced into individual servings. But if they're out of those any of the cookies will do just fine.

For an appetizer at dinner try the scallop risoto. I'm not sure what night it's served but every time I've had it it's been awesome.

The escargo is wonderful! Prime Rib and Lobster (and then some more lobster) on formal night. All of the fruit soups are excellent. We love the different varieties of bread. In fact, we love to eat in the dining room every night and try several different things. It's all good!

Archived