Time to try another Cruise Line Maybe??

memabumpee

Just returned from the Freedom 6 day and had a great time on the cruise as we were with family and had a wonderful vacation as we do every Feb school break. I must say that Carnival has changed a lot of little things, no more fruit punch on the Lido, No more mints on your pillows, they changed coffee brand and it is HORRIBLE, no more ship pins unless your Platnum. no more capers Now they are calling it the fun times or something like that, several changes to the Menu which meant less choices, On this cruise we were late for everything due to TECHNICAL problems we could not pull out of Jamaica due to high winds, Mass confusion when it came to embarkation, Waitstaff do not perform everynight as they use do not that we care about that but just more thing that they have changed or eliminated, noticed they were pushing the booze more than ever before on this cruise and prices have gone up. and last but not least no more free drinks at the captains think only $1.00 off again not that we care but one more thing gone OK I have my flame suit on so let me have it. Just my opinion anyone else notice the difference.

We still got mints that I dont eat, you could have had mine!!!

I dont remember the wait staff performing every night, it seems almost too often to me. Id just as soon they wait on us for dessert and skip the dancing. Its ok, but no biggie.

I did notice a few changes, but nothing that I care about.

I do think its better to rotate cruiselines myself, or you get tired of the same stuff.

Just returned from the Freedom 6 day and had a great time on the cruise as we were with family and had a wonderful vacation as we do every Feb school break. I must say that Carnival has changed a lot of little things, no more fruit punch on the Lido, No more mints on your pillows, they changed coffee brand and it is HORRIBLE, no more ship pins unless your Platnum. no more capers Now they are calling it the fun times or something like that, several changes to the Menu which meant less choices, On this cruise we were late for everything due to TECHNICAL problems we could not pull out of Jamaica due to high winds, Mass confusion when it came to embarkation, Waitstaff do not perform everynight as they use do not that we care about that but just more thing that they have changed or eliminated, noticed they were pushing the booze more than ever before on this cruise and prices have gone up. and last but not least no more free drinks at the captains think only $1.00 off again not that we care but one more thing gone OK I have my flame suit on so let me have it. Just my opinion anyone else notice the difference.

The cutbacks are everywhere unfortunately. I will say we did have free drinks at the past guest party and mints on the Ecstasy last week though. Unfortunately there isn't much the cruiseline can do about the weather, sometimes it will throw you off schedule. They protect themselves for these situations however in your contract. I think you'll find the same things on many of the other lines, and the ones that still have some of the perks have higher pricepoints to make up for them.

ditto firefly

We are looking at checking out other lines also. I assume the ohters have made cut back also.

But none of the cutbacks effect my cruise. I still have a good time. If it save a few pennies and keeps prices from going through the roof so be it.l

We still had Capers. The coffee needed diluting. The Captain's Party was just a few folks walking around the Atrium, almost no one showed up.

The past guest party was the best I've ever been to although they should really dump those h'ordeuvers. (sp) They did enforce the "bring your invitation."

The entertainment staff is great and work very hard. They made a simple game of trivia more fun than anything (as they used to say).

Still a good value but I did check out several other lines today and am seriously planning a move.

should anyone FLAME you. You are giving your views of what happened on your vacation. That is what this is for. I say go ahead and try another line it is your money. I understand, I have 2 Carnival cruises planned for this year but people can differ on what they do and do not like. Have fun where ever you go and what ever line it is on.

All the wrong reasons for switching lines.

The right reason is variety, and while everything might be new to you, the ones that are regulars on your new chosen line are complaining about what they "lost".

Are these things important to you? Or, are the other things they offer still a good product.

I haven't noticed the changes yet. I've been away too long. But I do remember the "changes" they did almost 20 years ago, like removing lobster night. Enough people complained, and it was brought back.

How was the CD?

We took the freedom the week before and the CD kind of took the week off to spend more time with his GF.

Other than that we were very happy with our cruise.

The regular CD has been on vacation since Janaury 24th. He is gone til April I think

As long as Carnival continues to have the best rates for me, beautiful ships, good food attractively served, friendly wait staff, good service from the cabin steward and gives me 7 days of sea....I will cruise on their ships.

Don't care about the mints (they've always been there for me), nor the shows, nor the activities. What I want is a nice balcony, some sun, a seat at the Caribbean Stud table a couple nights, a smile from a good bartender and a place to find some peace and quiet.

I'll always find something on the menu or the buffet or other venues that appeals to me...and will be confident that it's delicious.

Call me jaded or whatever...but, I cruise for the SEA and for ME....anything else is just gravy.

Why maybe??

Sticking with one line isn't all that great anyway. Try another one and go back to CCL later with a fresh perspective.

All the lines offer something different. Sometimes the little things begin to annoy you on a cruise because you are getting bored with it.

Mix it up.

When you sail CCL again after sailing a few other lines, you'll feel different.

We just got from the Conquest and had the best cruise ever!! :) We had chocolates at bed turn down, Capers every night, the past guest party was the best we've been too, they were VERY generous with the drinks and horderves. I think the waiters sang and danced twice (which was enough for me) and everyone loved them, stood up and danced, clapped and sang along. We noticed that the Lido deck was WAY more fun than ever before, they showed lots of videos and taught the latest dance craze, even us old 50 + kids had a great time.:D The energy was amazing.

The only negative was the obvious up-sell on the Supper Club....I thought that was a little over the top, but we could care less since it is not something important to us.

Overall, a fantastic time, we are not ready to switch to any other cruise lines. We like the value for the Carnival quality:)

You must not have cruised for more than two years. Fruit punch has been gone for two years. I got mints on my pillow everynight when I was ont he Glory in January! As for waiters performing, they performed five night out of seven. Technical/mechanical problems do happen and debarkation week to week can be good, bad, or UGLY!

All cruise lines seem to be cutting back. You can check the other cruise lines and see what you hear on those boards.

Remember, a bad day at sea beats a good day at the office...

These things that OP is noticing are the same things that have

disappeared on RC. The overall product is probably not changing

that much, but some times it is the little things that make

something very special.

I wish the cruise lines would rethink some of these things and

increase prices just a bit. Why has fruit punch been eliminated?

It doesn't seem to be additional cost. They are still supplying

drinks. Maybe they could alternate from one day to another.

Oh I forgot stains on the carpet.

After I return from my cruise I will be able to tell you how any of

these things impact my first Carnival experience.

I don't know why cruiser stick with just one cruise line. I have been on Princess, RCI and NCL and I am finally trying Carnival this year. My last RCI cruise there were no more mints on the pillow. I don't think it's just Carnival cutting back on little things. I still would say try another cruise line, variety is the spice of life.

People want inexpensive cruises, yet complain when the cruise lines cut out things so that they can make a profit for their shareholders, which is their prime responsibility. The way to get all that back is for Carnival and all the other lines to raise their fares to reasonable figures and all of that will come back. There are a number of lines out there that charge more and still give you all of that and more.

So you are going to change because they don't give you mints and high winds in Jamaica and no fruit punch on the lido deck, other than those minor issuse did you have a good time? WOW..............

Did you read the original post?

I don't know why cruiser stick with just one cruise line. I have been on Princess, RCI and NCL and I am finally trying Carnival this year. My last RCI cruise there were no more mints on the pillow. I don't think it's just Carnival cutting back on little things. I still would say try another cruise line, variety is the spice of life.

As a regular NCL cruiser I can tell you they have cutback a lot too. Disappearing in the last couple of months: mints on the pillow, coffee makers in cabins below balcony, robes below balcony, and welcome aboard champagne. I am sure there is somethings that were taken away that I didn't notice.

All cruises lines if you check the other boards have been cutting back so yes cruise different lines for some variety but not for cost cutting measures that they are all doing.

Sorry those eliminations bother you. None of them would bother me enough to not want to cruise with Carnival again. We have cruised on Disney and Royal Caribbean as well as Carnival and we have enjoyed all of our cruises. We're thinking of booking one for next January, and it will probably be with Carnival because of their lower price.

We'll still have a lovely balcony room, will still have that beautiful view (and sounds) of the ocean, same blue sky and sunshine, same relaxing on the balcony or near the pool, same enjoyable shows, we're not picky eaters so we'll still enjoy the food, will still enjoy all the ports and the fun relaxing sea days, etc. etc.

Archived