Noise from elevators and people traffic?

kittenkboo

I've researched the stateroom sticky and didn't find a lot of information on hallway noise near elevators.

We are considering a stateroom near the opening to the elevators. Those that have stayed in this area, can you hear the elevators and foot traffic? Please include your cabin number if you can recall.

Many thanks

I've researched the stateroom sticky and didn't find a lot of information on hallway noise near elevators.

We are considering a stateroom near the opening to the elevators. Those that have stayed in this area, can you hear the elevators and foot traffic? Please include your cabin number if you can recall.

Many thanks

Hi,:) so you are specifically asking about the S class? I have stayed in

cabins near elevators before (cannot recall numbers, sorry) but have

never been bothered by noise from them.:)

On the Solstice, it was absolutely quiet. There are glass walls separating the closest rooms from the hallways.:) I forget the room number but we were right there at the elevators.

On a couple nights there was quite a show in the grand foyer area. We heard the music and singing ONLY when we opened our room door.

We've been near elevator lobbies on other ships and have never had noise from elevators or people walking to their cabins. Once we were right behind that wall that splits the traffic from the elevators (going fore and aft) so almost nobody walked past our door. As others have said, you don't usually hear noise unless you open your door. And it certainly is a convenient location on the ship.

S

Kittenboo,

Once again, it is very important to know what class of ship you are sailing. We sailed the Solstice 2 years ago and I believe we stayed in 8259 also know as "on the hump". There is a clear glass door that seperated the evevator foyer from the hallway of the ship. To answer you question, there was no noticable noise at all from inside our cabin. This would probably hold true on the Equinox and Eclipse as they are pretty much hold the same design.

Ken

Hi:), I had 8262 on Equinox back in November. I was re-reading what

I wrote on the Spreadsheet and I posted that it was near the elevators

too..quiet and a good location.

On the Equinox, we were on the forward slant of the hump AND right beside the card room and it was absolutely quiet. Great design and I think fellow passengers, who aren't yelling and creating a racket around elevators also helps! :) (Like on SOME cruise lines I could mention but won't!)

WE were in 8232 on Solstice which is right across from the doors that open up to the elevator landing. The doors open and close automatically and they did a really good job of soundproofing. We never heard ANY noise from the elevator lobby area.

We were on the Solstice, right opposite the sliding doors to the elevators. We were so close that the doors opened when we left our cabin, but we did not hear any noise at all. The doors are automatic, so there is no banging, and they slide absolutely silently.

Been in 1606 twice, 1599 and 1608 and never heard noise. The glass wall seems to work well to abate noise.

I don't want to hijack this post; but we will be in 1608 and relatives will be in 1606 on Equinox. How was the noise from the pool deck being right above?

I just returned from the Solstice. Had cabin #8277 which is right by the elevators. There was not a sliding glass door. I noticed that not every entrance to the halls had a sliding glass door. It might have been for safey reasons. Anyway, you could hear the "ding" of the elevator in the cabin and late at night, you could hear people talking as they left the elevator. I think people are talking in the elevator and forget when they come out, that no one wants to hear their conversation at 2:00am! Also, there were times when you could hear music from the atrium. All that being said, it was a nice cabin since it was so convenient to the elevators and mid-ship. I'd book it again but you need to be aware that you might hear some noise. If you're a light sleeper, it might bother you.

I sleep very lightly and we were on the 7th floor. Nothing kept me awake or woke me.

The music in the foyer doesn't go on late, so that was never an issue. I heard it very slightly in the room with the door closed. And I have really good ears. ;) My dh never noticed it at all.

Maybe you just had a particularly loud or late time group of passengers on your cruise. As the other posters said, the noise if any, was close to none.

Archived