Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Anthem

Deck - 9 

Stateroom # - 9510

Stateroom Category – Specious Ocean View

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/X

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No, although some might have an issue with the shaking caused by the thrusters when docking/undocking

Any other comments? - This is a wonderful, oversized stateroom with lots of storage!  We figured out that the small table under the mirror was movable and placed it in the porthole so we could enjoy playing games and have a spectacular view.  I would take this stateroom over a balcony room - especially in a scenery intensive itinerary.  

Ship - Freedom of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7712

Stateroom Category – J3, Junior Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft, port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft view, steel structure obscures some of the view, but it's not bad.  Can see into deck 6 family four bedroom suite balcony below.  Balconies above cannot see into this balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for a Aft JS

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - YES, but only appeared during port days.  Did not notice while in motion at sea.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? -  Great cabin!

Ship - Jewel of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1570

Stateroom Category – J3, Junior Suite

Starboard or Port Side - closer to the Centrum than the Aft of the ship, on the port side

Quiet Stateroom? – depends on time of day as the suite is right under a Windjammer dining area; I thought it was quiet, spouse did not;-)  There is a plant stand directly above the center of the suite, with tables around it and the floor is carpeted.  A thirst quenching station is above the adjacent suite (1572), so that one might be a bit loud as its floor is linoleum.  My spouse likely heard the footsteps of someone vacuuming and moving chairs every night when awakened between 2-3 AM each night, while I was able to sleep through it.

Balcony View - unobstructed; Centrum bump is about 35' to the left and another bump is about 35' towards Aft (there's another bump behind that one - not seen from the balcony - before the rear of the ship)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for a J3, Junior Suite

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any other comments? -  Great cabin!

I hope I am doing this right.  If not, I apologized in advance.

Ship - Freedom of the Seas

Deck - 12

Stateroom # -1858

Stateroom Category – Spacious Panoramic Oceanview

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Not a Balcony.  Ceiling to Floor Windows.  We can see a little bit to the front of the ship.  The view was amazing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -This is a beautiful and comfortable cabin.  The location is great.  I recommend it 100%.

IMG_3076 (1).JPG

Ship - Allure of the Seas

Deck - 11

Stateroom # 11650

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -  Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Connecting to suite.  Some noise from the door

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  Yes.  The connecting door is by the balcony.  Seemed to let a bit of noise through.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Slightly deeper balcony on forward side.  Gives good view of ship towards Aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Slightly deeper on forward side.

Was wind a problem? -  No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Bed is by the bathroom so not good if using a scooter.  Scooter did fit fine through the doorway.  

Any other comments? -  Due to connecting room, this cabin has a chair instead of couch.  Gives a bit more room between bed and balcony.  Good room and location.  I recommend.

Ship - Grandeur of the Seas

Deck - 2

Stateroom # - 2054

Stateroom Category – 2N

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No!  All night long it sounded like a large blender going off and on.  Also an inconsistent banging, my guess it was a crew door on deck 1.  

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The mattress was a rock.  Definitely needed a mattress topper.

Any other comments? - I would not stay on deck 2 again.  I much prefer the higher decks.  Stephen, our stateroom attendant, was top notch.

ship - Empress of the Seas

cabin - 7690

category - JS aft

was stateroom a connecting room? - no

quiet stateroom? - cabin is over back open deck of Boleros, I was concerned but the music from Boleros was very muffled so it didn't disturb me

problems? - slight sooting issue but forgiveable since balcony was wide enough for 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table. Plus you have the view of the wake!

7690 bathroom shelves.JPG

7690 bathroom sink.JPG

7690 chair and table.JPG

7690 loungers.JPG

7690 over wake.JPG

7690 from balcony door.JPG

7690 from corner.JPG

7690 from door.JPG

7690 under aft flag.JPG

7690 vanity.JPG

Ship -Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12210

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – no issues 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no issues, ocean view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

Any other comments? - plenty of storage

Ship -  Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14699

Stateroom Category – Boardwalk Balcony 

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? No.  This stateroom is below an area that is between the sports court and the ping pong tables.  I didn't notice much noise during the day, but in the very early morning (about 3:00 am) the crew washes that deck and banging of equipment or moving of tables can be heard.  Because this is a connecting stateroom, there is no privacy, even when having a normal conversation.  You had hear EVERYTHING next door!  You can also hear the activities on the Boardwalk, but that is very minimal.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Looking out over boardwalk and other balcony staterooms

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Just the noise issues listed above

Any other comments? - The bed is near the balcony on this cabin; I saw that in 14701 (the connecting cabin) the bed is near the bathroom (just FYI)

Edited by psantho

Ship - Anthem of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # -688

Stateroom Category – 6D

Quiet Stateroom?  – Yes, very quiet. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, it was connecting.  Our friends had the connecting stateroom so it was great to be able to have the doors open between us.

Balcony View  – Unobstructed view. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly larger 

Was wind a problem? - no, being tucked back kept it from being at all windy.

Any other comments? - Very nice cabin with ample storage.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Anthem OTS

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6220

Stateroom Category – Obstructed Ocean View Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet stateroom. Did not notice noises from below or above. The room is above the Bionic Bar, but there was no extraneous noises.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –The room was an Obstructed Balcony, which I knew upon booking. The obstruction is the lifeboats on Deck 6, you do not have a straight down view of the ocean. The lifeboat is centered to the balcony and comes up to slightly below railing height. Overall, it is not a problem standing. Sitting, you struggle, but it wasnt an issue.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - Only during very high wind events. The balcony being set in and buffered some by the lifeboats made it not affected by the wind as much.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Minor. It is very tight with the sofa bed pulled out in the evenings. You either have to shimmy between it and the vanity (about 6 inches opening) or walk on the bed to get to the balcony. The sofa bed is also like sleeping on the floor. If you are sensitive to this, ask for a mattress pad. 

Any other comments? - Very nice room for the  money. Would not hesitate to book it again.

IMG_0415.HEIC

IMG_0478.HEIC

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Edited by bowler15547
changed picture file format

Ship -  Allure of the Sea

Deck -8

Stateroom # -664

Stateroom Category –4D Ocean View Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) Very quiet room except for the neighbors who kept apologizing but keep banging the walls and slamming the doors....not a problem with the room at all, just bad neighbors. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –.  No obstructions looking in any direction. As is the norm on these large ships, starboard is the "action" side...always facing the port...good to watch the pier runners!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was the usual RCI, nice sized balcony.  Very roomy. There were 2 chairs and a fairly large table but could have fit even 2 more chairs if needed. 

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not an aft cabin, no soot problem 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - There were not problems with the room, although it seemed smaller than the usual balcony room, maybe because the bed was next to the balcony and we prefer closer to the bathroom.  I had to use a wheelchair this trip and there was little space to store it when not in use.  The room was exceptionally clean and our room steward, Dharma was excellent.  Close to the elevators made it easy for me to get around.  There was no noise from the elevator area. Being that we were on deck 8 also made it convenient to get coffee in the am or snacks from Park Cafe.  All in all a slightly small, but very nice room. 

• 3 weeks later...

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12250

Stateroom Category – 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet 

Balcony View - Good view, but on the back end of a hump, and you could not see forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly Oversized 

Was wind a problem? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - N/A

Bed near balcony. Easy access to the top decks, lots of stairs to the lower decks. 

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12249  (Not Directly across the hall from 12250, but about 10' away) 

Stateroom Category – Central Park Balcony 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet 

Balcony View - Good view, but on the back end of a hump, and you could not see forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal 

Was wind a problem? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - N/A

Bed near balcony. Easy access to the top decks, lots of stairs to the lower decks. 

This balcony is 4 rooms from the end of the Central Park and overlooks the Rising Tide bar. One of the large ship supports runs along the left side of the balcony. The room is exactly like an Ocean Balcony but faces Central Park. Highly Recommend

IMG_20181204_185802696.jpg

IMG_20181204_185814362.jpg

• Like 1

Ship - Oasis of the Seas
Deck - 14
Stateroom # - 272
Stateroom Category – 5D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. I was initially concerned about being directly below the pool deck, but the area above us was always quiet. We never heard any noise from above when inside the stateroom.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes. We never heard our neighbors other than when they let their door slam shut which can happen in any room.

Balcony View - Looking straight out and straight down was fine. This cabin is located directly under a bump out on the pool deck which requires additional supports. One of these supports was directly next to our room so we could not look towards the back of the ship from our balcony. In addition, the bumpout above limited our view looking up. I would consider this cabin and those around it obstructed view, but Royal does not classify it this way. One positive about these obstructions is that we enjoyed shade on our balcony when those below us had full sun.

3593F3A1-884C-4B47-BB21-48619D18316C.thumb.jpeg.71bcc7624da72a47dcfb17a80e7f4490.jpeg

B8DF335D-D703-4A30-94E7-9697CFAC6A0D.thumb.jpeg.8159f36c8f563cc862ad04ea333aa31c.jpeg

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - see comments above about view from balcony

Any other comments? - We were assigned this room on a balcony guarantee booking, which for the price we paid was still a great deal. However, if choosing and paying for an ocean balcony room I would not choose a room in this area due to the obstructed views caused by the supports in this part of the ship. The best part about this cabin was the close proximity to the stairs, the pool deck and Windjammer for early breakfast when they first open

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 562 & 564

Stateroom Category – 4D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes. We booked these connecting staterooms so that our 2 children could be next door to us with easy access between the two rooms. We kept the door open most of the time and it was like having a suite, but with 2 bathrooms. When we did close the door, we did not hear our kids talking. We had our stateroom attendant open the divider on the balcony which was wonderful.

Balcony View - beautiful, no obstruction

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - We loved being on deck 8 with easy access to Central Park and the front staircase/elevators. We loved deck 8 so much we booked it again for our Symphony cruise.

Ship - Independence 

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 1100

Stateroom Category –panoramic  ocean view 

Quiet Stateroom? Incredibly. I don’t believe we had any actual joining walls next to us. So much privacy and not a single room beyond it. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

View was just amazing. Room was bigger than I anticipated, except the bathroom, but that’s typical. Tons of shelving and closet space. 

Movement was pretty intense but I’m unsure if that was due to rough waters or the location of the room. 

Any other comments? - I would book this room again in a heartbeat. I definitely recommend it. 

4DF4E421-B23E-450C-8F7F-FBD071CD9C09.jpeg

246EDCBA-F4AD-4EA5-AEE8-B5AEB31C2A8E.jpeg

BC0F1F2A-83CF-4C03-9BAB-C7A122E09E52.jpeg

Ship - Symphony of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8334

Stateroom Category – A1 (two-bedroom Aquatheater Suite with extra-large balcony) 

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – The cabin was quiet most of the time, except when something was going on in the Aquatheater, which was fine. We were able to close the balcony doors if we wanted to shut out the sounds of the movies or other festivities.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony surrounds three sides of the cabin, so it is kind of horseshoe shaped. Straight back you have a direct aft view of the wake, to one side a view of the Aquatheater and Boardwalk areas, and on the other side is a private area with a nice sea view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - This balcony is gigantic. If you know the aft design of Oasis-class ships, these Aquatheater Suites are larger deck by deck as you go lower from deck 14 down to deck 8. This balcony is advertised at almost 800 square feet, and it looked every bit of it. I measured the balcony railing one day, and it is 117 feet from end to end. There is a main balcony door from the living room, plus another one that leads from the master bedroom. There are two full loungers, two chairs with padded footrests, two barstool-type chairs next to a marble bar top, plus a full dining table with six more chairs, and that is all just on the balcony.

Was wind a problem? - No, never windy, just a nice breeze.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - We saw some soot blowing around on a few nights, but none that ever settled on the balcony.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems at all. I would sail in this cabin every week if I could.

Any other comments? - I'll try to attach a few pictures here...

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

On 6/23/2010 at 9:16 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Ship -Liberty of the Seas

Deck -10

Stateroom # -1340

Stateroom Category –Owners Suite

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard 

Quiet Stateroom? There was a constant  banging coming from outside as if something wasn’t fastened down properly. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony view? No restrictions on balcony view being on the hump part of the ship. 

Balcony Size? Large balcony. 3 times larger than a normal standard balcony. 

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No problems. 

Any other comments? -

On 6/23/2010 at 4:16 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Special thanks to Mysticks1 on the Celebrity Cruises forum for this idea. I would like to begin to assemble one for Royal Caribbean.

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

Every week or two I will post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

Please, refrain from posting cabin questions here so this can purely be an informative thread, especially for those that are first time cruisers or seasoned cruisers looking for a great cabin.

The template is as follows:

Ship -Harmony of The Seas

Deck -14

Stateroom # -14172

Stateroom Category –Ocean View Balcony Accessible

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Connecting Room, no noise from other room.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Unobstructed View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -80 sq ft plenty of room

Was wind a problem? - Not at all it was beautiful

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Only problem was the water from the shower had seeped out onto the carpet a little bit, the drain must hae been clogged but it was fixed straight away after reporting probblem.

Any other comments? - Good size room, splenty or room for scooter.

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

Special thanks to Mysticks1 on the Celebrity Cruises forum for this idea. I would like to begin to assemble one for Royal Caribbean.

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

Every week or two I will post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

Please, refrain from posting cabin questions here so this can purely be an informative thread, especially for those that are first time cruisers or seasoned cruisers looking for a great cabin.

Ship - Mariner of the seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 290

Stateroom Category – 2 D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – quie

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – unobstructed 

Was wind a problem? - no

Any other comments? - bring your own extension cord with USB ports 

Ship -

Deck -

Stateroom # -

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

Any other comments? -

Ship:  Adventure of the Seas

When:  Christmas week, 2018

Room:  6624

I am writing this review of room 6624 because I know many would not want to be on deck #6 due to the patio area not being glass below the railing - it is metal and you can't see through it.  To us this made our patio even more private and we didn't have a problem at all with the metal lower area of the patio.  We used the patio everyday, had breakfast out there and sat to read there.

The room was great, bed is near the window and while the shower make look small we found it to be a good size once the door was closed.  There is plenty of closet space and storage was not an issue as there are shelves in the closet as well as storage around the deck area.  I did bring magnetic hooks with me and did use them in the room to hang my dress and to dry things out on the patio area.  

The room is near the elevators and we found the location to be perfect.  We never heard any noise from either side of the room or from above, it was a very quite room.  It is one floor up from the Promanode and all the shop there.  It was also only two floors up from our dining room on deck 4.

Our room stewart was Haniel and you are lucky enough to have him he was wonderful.  Always had our room ready for us, never came back to the room that it wasn't made up for us.

We did use room service for breakfast and they called before coming to the room and always where on it.

All in all we would be very happy to book this room again

Ship - Independence 

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9338

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, other than hearing young children run up and down the hallway at times.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Middle of the hump.  Long balcony, over sized.  Two chairs, table, two loungers.  Could see both ways if you were standing at the rail.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized (hump).

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Any other comments? - Would stay in this cabin again on Freedom Class.  It would be nice if they'd update the furnishings, though.