What do you do while waiting for your cruise to get here?

karensj

Karen,

We cruise in 3 weeks. I am filling my time by purchasing sundry items and things I don't want to forget to pack. I go over all my clothing choices and check to make sure there are no seams or hems coming loose. I clean & polish all my shoes. I decide what jewelry to wear & make sure it is clean and no loose stones. I make address labels for the postcards. I change batteries in any small electronics I plan to bring. And when I run out of all the small stuff to do, I play an Island Music CDs and exercise so I won't feel guilty eating bread pudding, baked alaska, cherries jubliee and the chocolate extravaganza!

"Life is short! Eat dessert first!

I drive my co-workers crazy by telling them every morning how many days, hours, and minutes are left until I cruise. By the way, it's 5 days, 0 hours, 54 minutes.

Dot, I do exactly the same thing I rive the co-workers nuts. They are glad to get rid of me. I also spend a lot of time here in Cruise Critic:D

The closer the cruise gets the more time I spend in the gym. I figure I'll start losing the weight gain ahead of time.:D

Seriously, I don't do much different. I just go over my lists of what to bring and make sure that there are no last minutes surprises.

I was going crazy waiting 2 months for my first cruise...

Now I have cruise every 1/2, 3/4 of year... Wait time is difficult but I am concentrating on remembering that life happens only once and I have to enjoy every day.;) ( I do the same with weekdays/weekends :) , I am not waiting for weekends now)

I have dreams about packing ... so I wake up tired and cranky, then go to bed the next night early, have dreams about packing ... etc. etc.

This goes on for months.

ROFL! I am totally doing this! I also had a dream that I was reading the CC board and read a post that stated my cruise was cancelled! I spent the rest of the night dreaming about trying to contact my TA and not being able to.

I think I need to walk away from the computer now.

Well, let's see.

I pay bills, write up 5 pages of instructions for the horse/dogs/cats/house sitter. Make sure she's got the foaling dates of both the broodmares, along with their vaccination schedules, copy pages of travel documents, call credit card companies to make sure they know where we are traveling, make sure there's enough hay in the hay barn, make sure the neighbors know who/what is going on up here and that I've left them as emergency contacts, get clothes cleaned, pressed, repaired and pack as much stuff as I can ahead of time...obsess about the local weather and will I make it to Dulles for the flight, try to make sure that I have all my bases covered at work....and....read these boards every moemnt I get!!!

I think these last 10 days are going to go by like lightening. :D

My driver is getting used to me staggering out the door w/ piles of luggage & very dark sunglasses...

Brian, Wow! You have a driver???!!! I am impressed!

I spend a lot of time trying on clothes, folding them, piling them up, figuring out how much will fit in my bag, try them on again, try different tops with different bottoms, discard anything that gets too wrinkled, go over my packing list and all the packing lists I've ever found on any cruise website, .... then I start trying on clothes again.:D

This thread is too funny. I'm doing all of the above. I especially love telling them the weather forecast in St. Thomas (I'm in Iowa and its cold and snowy now.) I have a picture of the Maasdam as my screensaver and desktop on the computer. I think they are sick of me already (7 weeks exactly to go).

I agree with the poster above about working up to the minute. My flight leaves after work, the bags will be in the car.

I've picked out the perfect tux (a black one, shawl collar and also an ivory dinner jacket.) Today I purchased a smart new navy blazer for informal nights. I hear HAL is dressy.

Started a box to put in incidentals.

Spending WAY too much time on CC.

:D

Brian, Wow! You have a driver???!!! I am impressed!

Oh dear Heather --- don't be! I didn't mean it like THAT!!!

(scary visions of uniformed chauffeurs and tacky stretch limousines...)

I don't own a car and I don't drive - haven't for almost 6 years - so whenever I go to SFO I use the same car service and they usually send the same driver who works early mornings. Beats trying to flag a cab at 4am...

BTW - I like the new pic, but where's the puppy????

BTW - I like the new pic, but where's the puppy????

Not to worry, Brian! Molly is just ducky, but she has a mind of her own and if you saw the pics with her in it straining to be elsewhere, you'd know why I'm by myselfredface.gif . Thanks for asking!!!smile.gif

BTW, you're still one step closer to a "driver" than mewink.gif .

I have 37 days left and I too drive my co workers crazy with the countdown. But it is part of the fun, the planning, the dreaming and then we go. We have never had a bad cruise and we've been doing it for a lot of years. They are what you make them.

As we were unpacking from our New Year's cruise, my DH said why should we even bother putting the luggage away, we'll just be dragging it out again, and we then had nothing booked.

One week later we were booked for June, so here we go again.

Get tux cleaned

check wardrobe for next itinerary

look at shorex, book shorex

check for pre and post cruise lodging, book lodging

Book air

contact house sitter

and dream

Archived