Junior suite question

DonnaK

I assume cabin 1100 on Radiance class ships is very desireable? Any obstructions?

1100 and 1602 are both fabulous JS cabins with no obstructions. We like 1602 for the extra coverage - the balconies get deeper as you move toward the center of the ship.

JS cabins also get a coffeemaker and hot water heater (with coffee and tea). We bring packets of instant (Starbucks Via) because we just can't seem to brew a decent cup of coffee without making a mess - the packet is for a full pot, but the coffeemaker is a single cup, so it's overpoweringly strong.

I can't remember if bathrobes and upgraded toiletries are JS perks now. Patti?

My only hesitation is that we'd be putting 4 people in the cabin my daughters would have to share the sofa bed. But, for the sailings I'm looking at, the 3rd/4th rate is pretty low, so a JS is a lot less expensive than going with two cabins (balc + interior)

I'm know Voyager-class ships inside out, but I am not at all familiar with Radiance class ships.

And, priority boarding, in ports that offer a "suite" check-in line. The balcony is as wide as the cabin, which is wider than a D or E balcony cabin. Walk-in closet ROCKS!
No, you get priority check-in, not priority boarding.

The JS is our favorite stateroom on Royal. Lots of space, usually have a great stateroom attendant, the walk in closet is WONDERFUL, 2 credits...we don't need the concierege lounge since we're diamond now..so we would always book this category if price permits.

1100 and 1602 are both fabulous JS cabins with no obstructions. We like 1602 for the extra coverage - the balconies get deeper as you move toward the center of the ship.

JS cabins also get a coffeemaker and hot water heater (with coffee and tea). We bring packets of instant (Starbucks Via) because we just can't seem to brew a decent cup of coffee without making a mess - the packet is for a full pot, but the coffeemaker is a single cup, so it's overpoweringly strong.

You mention the coffee pot. What size coffee containers would work in the machine? We have heard that the coffee provided doesn't fit the machine either.

My only hesitation is that we'd be putting 4 people in the cabin my daughters would have to share the sofa bed. But, for the sailings I'm looking at, the 3rd/4th rate is pretty low, so a JS is a lot less expensive than going with two cabins (balc + interior)

I'm know Voyager-class ships inside out, but I am not at all familiar with Radiance class ships.

I found the JS on Jewel, which is Radiance class, to be a very nice size. I think 4 of you could manage fine.

I loved the walk-in closet and the bathtub. Even if you don't take a bath, the extra room is great! Also, there is usually about 100 more square feet than a D1 cabin. I don't drink coffee but the coffee maker makes some people happy and the two or three cruise credits depending on length of cruise are good too.

You get the extra cruise credit without having to pay the suite level tips.

Now I'm confused......we booked our first JS (1100 Radiance), but I was thinking that we had to pay suite tips for our stateroom attendent. So I do not?

Thanks for the info.

Cheryl

p.s. Thanks for letting me know about the hot water. I'll have my husband pack a few of his favorite tea bags and some splenda.

WOW - you just convinced me!!!! Now I just need to convince my husband and kids.

The Radiance class aft rooms IMO are much better than Voyager and Freedom class because you have no superstructure to deal with. Although decks 9 & 10 on the Voyager and Freedom class are nothing to sneeze at. :)

Now I'm confused......we booked our first JS (1100 Radiance), but I was thinking that we had to pay suite tips for our stateroom attendent. So I do not?

JS pays tips for a regular room, not a suite.

Regular gratuity for JS staterooms. $3.50pp/day for attendant

Having a bath tub/shower is so much better than the tiny showers. The shower curtin tends to cling to body at times, so I bring 4 spring clothes pins to weigh it down.

The closet space is so nice.

As mentioned the aft balconies on Radiance class ship is so much better than Voyager class, because there is no super structure at the back end of the ship. The view of the wake is so nice.

Yes, they have the upgraded toiletries. Can't answer you on the bathrobes because we get them because we are D+.

You mention the coffee pot. What size coffee containers would work in the machine? We have heard that the coffee provided doesn't fit the machine either.

The coffee pot supplied is a Mr. Coffee 2-cup maker. The coffee pods provided are for a 4 cup maker. I just buy Folger's coffee bags and use the electric tea kettle. Works like a champ and no mess.

So, is there a coffee maker in the Junior Suites on all ships? Explorer especially? I have the Royal Caribbean book, and it says that a coffee maker is only available for GS & up, and not in the JS. Is my book outdated?

It looks like your book might be outdated. Below are the suite enhancements for JS cabins......

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Archived