Soft drinks brought on board?

indiesmom

We take them all the time. Just got off Majesty and took them, also took them on Freedom early August. I walk right on the ship with them in my carryon bag. I take soda and juice. Never in all the years we have cruised as it been a problem. I also take empty water bottles or sometime regular water depending on the ship. My DIL walked on Majesty with a gallon bottle of water and no one said a thing.

I have heard conflicting comments about whether or not you can bring bottled soft drinks on board. I was planning to bring a 6 pack of Diet Pepsi's with me when I board. This is my first time on RC. What say you guys?

The last time we sailed was January of this year on Oasis. I didn't attempt to bring soda onboard at embarkation but, when we made our first port, I purchased a six pack of Diet Coke and brought it back onboard with me. I never received so much as a second look. We also bought two large bottles of water and brought them back onboard as well. The trick with the water bottles was that they could not be opened. Those with open water bottles were asked to either drink them before getting back onboard or throw them away. I suspect this was do to booze smuggling and, I actuall saw one guy trying to dring a large bottle of water before boarding.

While I don't have a definitive answer for you, I think a lot of what I've read has been people attempting to bring large amounts of beverages (think in terms of cases) onboard at embarkation. This also seems to vary from ship to ship.

Personally, if it were me I'd buy the 6 pack of Pepsi and see what happens. If they take it from you, what are you out? Maybe $4 or $5 at the most.

The last time we sailed was January of this year on Oasis. I didn't attempt to bring soda onboard at embarkation but, when we made our first port, I purchased a six pack of Diet Coke and brought it back onboard with me. I never received so much as a second look. We also bought two large bottles of water and brought them back onboard as well. The trick with the water bottles was that they could not be opened. Those with open water bottles were asked to either drink them before getting back onboard or throw them away. I suspect this was do to booze smuggling and, I actuall saw one guy trying to dring a large bottle of water before boarding.

While I don't have a definitive answer for you, I think a lot of what I've read has been people attempting to bring large amounts of beverages (think in terms of cases) onboard at embarkation. This also seems to vary from ship to ship.

Personally, if it were me I'd buy the 6 pack of Pepsi and see what happens. If they take it from you, what are you out? Maybe $4 or $5 at the most.

That's what I thought, too.

When I re-boarded the Mariner in Mazatlan last week, I had a partially consumed bottle of water, and didn't feel like throwing it out. I walked on with it, and when I approached the scanner, I turned proactive.

I walked up to the security person, shook it vigorously and said, "See? It's WATER." And she just motioned me through.

• 1 month later...

We have always put a few waters and ginger ales in checked luggage no problem. My husband likes to have the waters in our room for night time & I like to have the ginger ale in case my tummy hurts. Very first cruise we were too scared to bring anything and ended up roaming the ship in the middle of the night! So now we always bring a few. I know everyone has their opinion on this, just saying what we do. :D

Archived