Cruise director list enjoy

ncb106

Just called RCCL and was advised that Richard Spacey is currently on the Oasis through November 6/10 - they confirmed that the November 6th sailing will be his last before his holidays (or wherever he is going). Allan Brooks will be taking over on November 13/10 until January 8/11. After that, Richard Spacey will be back on the Oasis. We have already had Richard twice - he is wonderful but he does do the same things all the time, so a third time might be a bit much - looking forward to seeing how Allan Brooks is. Anyone have any thoughts on Allan?

Canuck

just called rccl and was advised that richard spacey is currently on the oasis through november 6/10 - they confirmed that the november 6th sailing will be his last before his holidays (or wherever he is going). allan brooks will be taking over on november 13/10 until january 8/11. After that, richard spacey will be back on the oasis. We have already had richard twice - he is wonderful but he does do the same things all the time, so a third time might be a bit much - looking forward to seeing how allan brooks is. Anyone have any thoughts on allan?

Canuck

I.....love........Allan.

Just called RCCL and was advised that Richard Spacey is currently on the Oasis through November 6/10 - they confirmed that the November 6th sailing will be his last before his holidays (or wherever he is going). Allan Brooks will be taking over on November 13/10 until January 8/11. After that, Richard Spacey will be back on the Oasis. We have already had Richard twice - he is wonderful but he does do the same things all the time, so a third time might be a bit much - looking forward to seeing how Allan Brooks is. Anyone have any thoughts on Allan?

Canuck

i spoke with richard on facebook he told he leaving in 2 weeks

No offense but there seem to be some inaccuracies within the list, and some that others have pointed out. I'd prefer an "official" list from RCI, not one complied by someone who likes to cruise. Again, no offense intended.

i am trying to help everybody here on cruise critic trying to do my best to keep the list updated but if people are gonne be rude about ill just back off then.

Canuck

Wow, so if this is true, my first week will be Richard Spacey and second week will be Allan Brooks :)

carol - that is good news if you love Allan Brooks!:)

ncb - well, that is interesting that Richard is saying that he is only on for another two weeks - it seems RCCL has different plans for him - lol. I got her to check with, not one, but two supervisors (can you say that I have "trust" issues when it comes to RCCL?:D) and they verified that he is on "through November 6th" which after much discussion, means "including the November 6th sailing" and then he leaves. (Maybe he has other plans and will in fact we leaving sooner....)

We have been fortunate to have had Richard for our B2B on the Freedom and he was great but the 2nd week was extremely repetitive - exact same jokes, exact same Love & Marriage etc. - don't think I could take another B2B with him - nothing against him - it would probably be that way with most CD's but it would be nice to have two different ones for our upcoming B2B.:) We have been lucky on a few B2B's and had a different CD for each leg, which was a nice change. Looking forward to checking out Allan Brooks.

Thanks,

Canuck

Allan is my absolute favorite cruise director. Sorry that he won't be on freedom in December. I have never had Graham Seymour--- is he entertaining and fun?

Yes, Graham is outstanding; even has his own "late-night" comedy act on the ship. I hope he is on the Freedom in May!

What is Paul Rutter like? Is he good?

I happen to love him. I spent a few cruises on Enchantment of the Seas when he was the CD. Some people think he's too low key. I always liked that he could lead a show without having to BE the show.

Why take anyone's word for what he's like when you can see for yourself? You can find anything on youtube. Look him up or look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bevgf4nwDk

Gina

No offense but there seem to be some inaccuracies within the list, and some that others have pointed out. I'd prefer an "official" list from RCI, not one complied by someone who likes to cruise. Again, no offense intended.

I know that Clo O'Connor is definitely not on the Grandeur. She was on vacation but flew in last week for a one week stint on the Jewel and is going back on vacation today. She also said she will be on the Jewel next summer while it is in the Baltics. She will be on the TA too. She announced this during the meet and mingle.

i am trying to help everybody here on cruise critic trying to do my best to keep the list updated but if people are gonne be rude about ill just back off then.

No one is being rude to you. I, and others, simply questioned your source and the fact that there are some inaccuracies. You didn't answer the question of how you come to know this, so I'll just back off then too. It actually makes no difference to me who the CD on my cruise is. I asked you a direct question and you did not answer me.

I happen to love him. I spent a few cruises on Enchantment of the Seas when he was the CD. Some people think he's too low key. I always liked that he could lead a show without having to BE the show.

Why take anyone's word for what he's like when you can see for yourself? You can find anything on youtube. Look him up or look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bevgf4nwDk

Gina

Thanks a million ;)

I thought she did the Voyager med cruises. I think she gets off before the repositioning to the US. (Galveston this year then New Orleans):(

Why the said face? I am looking forward to sailing on The Mariner.:p We had a group out of New Orleans that went to L.A. last Mardi Gras to sail on her and they loved her. I already have my cabin booked on the Mariner and for a little more than $100 each we were able to get a Grand Suite for the price I am paying now for my Jr. Suite on the Voyager. And New Orleans isn't that far away where you can't sail on The Voyager from there.

We have already had Richard twice - he is wonderful but he does do the same things all the time, so a third time might be a bit much - looking forward to seeing how Allan Brooks is.

In our experience they all have a set routine that does not differ from one cruise to another much like the shows, 70's Night and similar events. I believe that RCL must have a set standard to which they must all adhere. Some just carry it off better than others.

No one is being rude to you. I, and others, simply questioned your source and the fact that there are some inaccuracies. You didn't answer the question of how you come to know this, so I'll just back off then too. It actually makes no difference to me who the CD on my cruise is. I asked you a direct question and you did not answer me.
Come on people ncb106 is trying to make the list instead off telling him to step off help out, and for you Langley other people will lie to know who gonna be there cruise director so you should back off and let him do his list,ncb106 just update the list and fix it up and we thank you for doing this.

I know that Clo O'Connor is definitely not on the Grandeur. She was on vacation but flew in last week for a one week stint on the Jewel and is going back on vacation today. She also said she will be on the Jewel next summer while it is in the Baltics. She will be on the TA too. She announced this during the meet and mingle.
thank you for the update i will fix it

Where will Gordon Whatman be going? We had him on Brilliance for a 12-night Med. cruise in Sept. He was pretty funny, but found out he appears in one of the production shows - very good singer!!!

It appears by his apparent age that he has been doing this for quiet awhile - lots of experience (13 years) and talent. One of the best Cd's Royal has - hands down!!!!

Here is his profile: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/behindTheSmiles/profile.do?INTERVIEWID=2

Archived