Is this popular where you live?

GORDONCHICK

I am seeing many women wearing cropped pants (sometimes cuffed) with boots? Mind you, I can't tell the weight of the fabric, and it's not like they're wearing flora capris with boots but this seems really strange to me. Even if it's popular, you won't catch me on this bandwagon.

Another one I don't get is tights with a sleeveless dress. I've not seen anyone here wear that, but I did catch it on a commercial once.

I am seeing many women wearing cropped pants (sometimes cuffed) with boots? Mind you, I can't tell the weight of the fabric, and it's not like they're wearing flora capris with boots but this seems really strange to me. Even if it's popular, you won't catch me on this bandwagon.

Sounds like gouchos to me.

Sounds like gouchos to me.

When I think of gauchos, I think of them being fuller at the hem and looking more like a skirt. Crop pants are tailored like pants and are straight. Fashionistas: correct me if I'm wrong or have the wrong idea.

When I think of gauchos, I think of them being fuller at the hem and looking more like a skirt. Crop pants are tailored like pants and are straight. Fashionistas: correct me if I'm wrong or have the wrong idea.

I agree with you on the difference between the two.

I also agree with you, I wouldn't be caught dead in something like that.

And yes, it's about 18 degree here, and people are wearing what looks like to me as capris (and the fabric looks just as thin) But then again we get the weirdos that wear shorts and sleeveless tops in a snow storm. :eek:

Another one I don't get is tights with a sleeveless dress. I've not seen anyone here wear that, but I did catch it on a commercial once.

Popular here in the New York metropolitan area. And tights are very "in" this winter, even with sleeveless dresses. And textured tights are even better.

Jo-Ann

No, I've not seen that capri look you're describing.

What's really popular on my college campus is girls wearing black tights as pants. And then for a top, they'll wear anything from a cardigan to a tee-shirt. Shoes could be boots or even flip-flops.

I absolutely cannot stand that look! I do kind of like the "jeggings," though. I think it can look nice when the jean legging is tucked into an ankle booty or the like. The fabric is thicker than the black leggings, and it seems much less like an undergarment. That's something I might try.

I did the cropped pants and boots once last year but decided it made me look shorter than I already am! Mine looked something like this:

cropped_plaid_pants.jpg

I've worn cropped pants with boots, similar to the picture above, but my pants were longer. They were heavier weight fabric, similar to denim. I wore a nice tailored jacket with them, too.

I'd wear tights with a sleeveless dress if we were going dancing. I'd wear a jacket with it, but take that off when dancing because I get so darn hot!

Haven't seen it here - but I saw a LOT of cropped pants in the stores when shopping this past weekend.

I am guilty of wearing opaque tights with a skirt and sleeveless tops. At this time of year I always wear a jacket, but most of my tops/blouses are sleeveless. If the office gets too hot then I'll take off my jacket. BTW - saw a ton of sleeveless tops when shopping. Choices were either long sleeved or sleeveless.

No cropped pants and boots here, but even if they were in they just make me look short. Haven't even seen it much while out and about, though I haven't had much time for shopping lately. :(

I do wear tights and sleeveless dresses on occasion, like this:

jnsds-sleeveless-sweater-dress_100508.jpg

I really like the tights with subtle patterns in them, like:

Black%20Tights%20Patterns1.jpg

or

black_tights_geometric_diamond_lace.jpg

And I do wear leggings (both the black type as well as the "jeggings"). My black leggings are a pant material, not as thin as what I would call a "tight". Tights to me are thick pantyhose, while leggings are more like yoga pants. Usually I wear my leggings with long sweaters, but I'll occasionally wear them with short sweaters/shirts. I wear them usually with boots: Ugg vs. Heels, depending on where I am going. I also like them with ballet flats. They are great for my more casual "weekend wear".

Haven't seen the capri/boot set here but we do have a lot of the shorts with UGGs here and a sweatshirt. I don't mind it so bad on the little kids and even younger teens but OMG not on the 60 and 70 year olds that actually wear it!!!:eek:

Popular here in the New York metropolitan area. And tights are very "in" this winter, even with sleeveless dresses. And textured tights are even better.

Jo-Ann

Here too but we have over three feet of snow so no matter what you're wearing, tights and boots work. :D

I have a pair of Citizens jeans that I put a large (ten inch??) roll in and wear them with boots.

I like the look but it's all about personal taste.

Okay, now that I'm aware of it --- this week I must have seen a DOZEN women in crops and boots. Women of all ages. High heeled boots, low heeled boots, jeans, dress pants, plaid pants ... and worn with capes or big old Pashminas. Looks cute on most of them, but not for moi!

Last year I bought a cropped pant to wear with boots. The pant is a brown tweed with a cuff and the boots are brown leather, knee high with a heel. They look cute together. I sometimes wear the outfit with a sleeveless tie-neck sweater, when I am not too cold!

I think cropped pants are the ugliest things in the world. They're guaranteed to make you look shorter, heavier and your butt look bigger. And if you've got thick ankles, you're a "hot mess" fashionably speaking.

I cringe when I see women with extra pounds wearing them.

Cropped pants worn with boots that have a heel on them is the only way they look decent. I've seen this style being worn here for probably 8 years.

Don't see anything odd about sleeveless dresses with tights. It's been shown on the runway, though I never had to get used to the look. It always look right to me. Of course, I wouldn't wear thick tights in the middle of summer.

To me, tights with a sleeveless dress looks out of balance. If it's warm enough to wear sleeveless, tights seem odd; if it's cold enough to wear tights, a sleeveless dress seems odd.

I agree but for a different reason. I think it looks weird to have black legs from the tights and then white arms. Tights with a long sleeved shirt look good though.

Almost every single dress I see this season is sleeveless. Yes, there are a few with sleeves, but mostly not. I think the First Lady might have started this fashion. And don't jump all over me with your pros and cons, I am just stating my opinion. And my reasoning is that I don't recall having seen winter fashion showing so many sleeveless dresses for every day wear. My arms are toned and in decent shape, but man they do get cold without sleeves:eek:.

And yes, I live in AZ and it is finally cold enough here to wear long sleeves and long pants - today:)

Archived