Michael's Club Elite Perk

Meena

We are Elite on Celebrity and have never taken advantage of the Michael's Club perk they offer with that special card. Are espresso's and cappuccino's complimentary there in the morning? Is the breakfast just coffee and rolls, or are there other items? Also, in the evening, I understand there are certain drinks that are complimentary also. Is there a list of what's offered and is wine on that list? Leaving next week for a cruise and we would like to take advantage of this perk this time. Thanks!

We are Elite on Celebrity and have never taken advantage of the Michael's Club perk they offer with that special card. Are espresso's and cappuccino's complimentary there in the morning? Is the breakfast just coffee and rolls, or are there other items? Also, in the evening, I understand there are certain drinks that are complimentary also. Is there a list of what's offered and is wine on that list? Leaving next week for a cruise and we would like to take advantage of this perk this time. Thanks!

Besides the coffees, you can get bloody mary's, champagne, and mimosos.

The breakfast varies from ship to ship. Besides the fresh pastries, they have lox & mini bagels, an assortment of meats & cheeses, fresh sliced fruit, as well as fresh squeezed juices. I prefer it rather than the buffet of omelets, bacon, ham, potatoes, etc. If only they would have a fresh waffle station set up, but I guess you can't have everything.

On Summit, tjhe specialty restaurant took care of the set up. In the afternoon from 4-6, they served canapes as well as some hot hors d'oeuvres.

Meena,

...go!! Experience this wonderful perk Celebrity gives to their Elite level guests, especially if your sailing has the daily event actually in Michael's Club. It's fantastic!! We never miss the afternoon cocktail time, and often stop in for the breakfast hours.

I put "in" above because there are times when the number of Elite level passengers requires that they use a larger lounge for this perk. You won't know until you get aboard ship.

CM

Edited by CelebrityMan
typo

We recently got off the Summit. We enjoyed cocktails or wine in Michael's Club each afternoon from 4-6:00p.m. We find the hours a little early for our taste, but the perk is delightful. Summit had a printed menu regarding drinks. As I recall, it included martini, cosmo, manhattan, several wine choices and champagne and beer.

Here is the Elite evening drink menu but even if your favorite drink isn't on it just ask if it's available. DW likes Tom Collins and had we had no problem getting this during the Capt's Club social hours on our recent Summit cruises. In fact Veejay at the bar would make one up for her as soon as he saw we were in the Michael's club.

DSC04231.jpg

Here is the Elite evening drink menu but even if your favorite drink isn't on it just ask if it's available. DW likes Tom Collins and had we had no problem getting this during the Capt's Club social hours on our recent Summit cruises. In fact Veejay at the bar would make one up for her as soon as he saw we were in the Michael's club.

DSC04231.jpg

We were in the Sky Lounge (or whatever they call it on Millennium) and some of the people we were with drank VO. Some bartenders accommodated the requests while others pointed to the menu as to what was available. Needless to say, you can guess who was tipped handsomely. :)

The bartenders are only paid by Celebrity $10 for the 2-hour gig. We always give them $5 when they bring our first drink, and we never had problems getting served -- even came up to us and asked if we wanted last call. It's a small price to pay considering the price of drinks on board, and the crew appreciates it.

Please excuse the slight departure from this thread's topic, but I am wondering about the dress code in Michael's club in the morning. We are Elite, but have not used the Michael's Club perk. I understand that smart casual is required, but does the dress code also apply in the morning - or just in the evenings? Can you walk in dressed in "port" attire or does it have to be smart casual? We are going to Alaska in May and most likely will not be dressed smart casual when preparing to disembark on port days.

We dressed in 'port-attire' in the morning, and dressy casual in the evening. Leave the snorkle and mask in the SR!!

Haven't noticed a response on coffees to the OP: yes, they serve complementary expressos, capachinos, lattes in the morning. Regular or decaf.

Love the fresh-squeezed OJ also.

Usually a number of red and white wines. And nice martinis!

Denny

Please excuse the slight departure from this thread's topic, but I am wondering about the dress code in Michael's club in the morning. We are Elite, but have not used the Michael's Club perk. I understand that smart casual is required, but does the dress code also apply in the morning - or just in the evenings? Can you walk in dressed in "port" attire or does it have to be smart casual? We are going to Alaska in May and most likely will not be dressed smart casual when preparing to disembark on port days.

In the mornings it was very casual - shorts, t-shirt, and sandels. So, however you are dressing for your excursion should be just fine.

We are ailing on the millennium on jan 14 . We are elite members but I am not aware of the special card to get into the michaels club perk?

You used to get a special card. On our last cruise in November, they just wanted to see your seapass (which states that you are elite). Another cost-cutting move, no doubt. Also, it's nice not to have to carry two cards.

They will not allow men with shorts in at the 4-6pm time. Women with capri's were allowed. At least that was the case on our cruise on the Millenium.
It seems to depend on the ship. A couple came into Michaels on Solstice this June during cocktail period with swimsuits, shorts and coverup. They looked out of place but were not asked to leave.

My sister is thinking about taking DH, DD and me on Eclipse in a few months. DH and I are Elite, but the only time we sailed X was before the CC program changes. My sister would not be Elite yet. Will she be allowed to accompany us to the Elite event? I not, is there a comparable event for suite guests as on Royal Caribbean? She's looking at booking a Celebrity suite for the 4 of us.

Thanks for the help!

My sister is thinking about taking DH, DD and me on Eclipse in a few months. DH and I are Elite, but the only time we sailed X was before the CC program changes. My sister would not be Elite yet. Will she be allowed to accompany us to the Elite event? I not, is there a comparable event for suite guests as on Royal Caribbean? She's looking at booking a Celebrity suite for the 4 of us.

Thanks for the help!

I believe the Michael's event is for suite guests and Elite CC members.

Yes, we received Michaels club & elite perks last summer while in a royal suite on the Solstice. I am 1 credit short of elite now (9) & not in a suite for our next cruise 1/15 on the Eclipse. I think I will miss the yummy free lattes, the free internet & the special events invites....Oh well, I can't complain too much, I am just thrilled to be sailing again!!

Yes, we received Michaels club & elite perks last summer while in a royal suite on the Solstice. I am 1 credit short of elite now (9) & not in a suite for our next cruise 1/15 on the Eclipse. I think I will miss the yummy free lattes, the free internet & the special events invites....Oh well, I can't complain too much, I am just thrilled to be sailing again!!

Wow! That'd be fantastic. We're doing two 7 day cruises back to back later this month and will be transitioning to Elite status after the first cruise. Even a small free internet package would be a wonderful perk. The $20 bags of laundry were really nice on our 2 week Baltic cruise last May. I totaled it up and got about $65 worth of laundry done each time. Of course, given the cost of a balcony cabin, it's small potatoes, but we appreciated it very much.

Susan

The 4 to 6 cocktail party is pretty useless for those with late (8:30) dinner seatings. We can only hope Celebrity will expand this perk for late diners in the future.

As a late dinner person I have had no trouble enjoying the 4-6 cocktail hours as have many late diners who have joined me in the past, I like it the way it is.

The 4-6 hours work for us doing late seating. We just attend in our daytime clothes, which are always appropriate, then still have plenty of time to relax, change and attend the early show before late dinner. I've even been known to take a itty bitty post cocktail nap, if I'm tuckered out after a long day in port, to re-energize for the evening ahead. Whatever works :)

Happy cruising.....Joanne