San Pedro from a San Pedran

Wineaux

Was your Enterprise rental from San Pedro a one way out of state? Last time we checked with them they did not allow the rental to be dropped off in a different state. Maybe this rule has changed.

We have rented a car several times to drive back to Las Vegas from the port in San Pedro...used Avis, which has a location in downtown Long Beach on Ocean Ave. It's about a 10-15 minute taxi ride and about $20-25 from the port.

Sorry we didn't take it out of state. When I checked on line originally I wanted to drop it off at LAX and they said I couldn't it had to be brought back to San Pedro. I called back later and they said I could do a LAX drop.

So if you call and talk to them they might let you drop it out of state.

Just want to echo that this is exactly why Cruise Critic is awesome!

We are planning to take the AmTrak with connections from Vancouver to San Pedro to get a cruise thats going back to Vancouver.

AmTrak have included a connection to San Pedro from LA. Should I take that bus or just get a cab from LA to San Pedro if I am staying at Crown or DoubleTree?

Where does the AmTrak bus stop in Pedro?

Thank you everyone!

Just want to echo that this is exactly why Cruise Critic is awesome!

We are planning to take the AmTrak with connections from Vancouver to San Pedro to get a cruise thats going back to Vancouver.

AmTrak have included a connection to San Pedro from LA. Should I take that bus or just get a cab from LA to San Pedro if I am staying at Crown or DoubleTree?

Where does the AmTrak bus stop in Pedro?

Thank you everyone!

There are two Amtrak bus stops in San Pedro, and the one to have on your ticket is the SPD stop, Catalina Terminal Bus Stop, which is at pier 95. Pier 93 - 91 is the World Cruise Center, and I'm trying to find out about transportation inside the port between SDP and the criuse ship piers.

If no one replies here, and I don't get a call back from the World Cruise Center, we will be in Los Angeles in April, and we will just go over to San Pedro and check it out for ourselves. I will post back here on this thread when I get any info.

Edited by pcur

OK, I found some more info on the Amtrak shuttle bus, and it looks like there is a shuttle to the Catalina Terminal, pier 95 from the other piers:

The World Cruise Center has Amtrak California Bus service from the San Pedro Thruway bus stop at the Catalina Terminal located at Berth 95. There is a free shuttle bus from the WCC. this station is unstafffed and there is no ticket, baggage, or package express services. The bus service can be used to connect with nationwide Amtrak service at the Los Angeles Union Station. Further info can be obtained by calling (800) USA-RAIL.

OK, I found some more info on the Amtrak shuttle bus, and it looks like there is a shuttle to the Catalina Terminal, pier 95 from the other piers:

The World Cruise Center has Amtrak California Bus service from the San Pedro Thruway bus stop at the Catalina Terminal located at Berth 95. There is a free shuttle bus from the WCC. this station is unstafffed and there is no ticket, baggage, or package express services. The bus service can be used to connect with nationwide Amtrak service at the Los Angeles Union Station. Further info can be obtained by calling (800) USA-RAIL.

I actually replied to this but if you are in good health you can walk to the Catalina Terminal at Berth 95. It is right next door. No need for a shuttle unless you have trouble walking a half-mile (if that)

I actually replied to this but if you are in good health you can walk to the Catalina Terminal at Berth 95. It is right next door. No need for a shuttle unless you have trouble walking a half-mile (if that)

Thank you! I was planning on walking over, but it's good to have it confirmed.

Sorry to double post but I can't edit the other one.

Does anyone know if the hotels would pick up from the terminal?

We are taking the AmTrak down and as part of the trip, they have a bus connection that stops at the terminal in San Pedro.

I read that DoubleTree and Crowne Plaza has shuttles to go to the terminal, if I have a reservation, do you think they would come pick us up?

We will be arriving as late as 11:30PM according to the AmTrak schedule and I don't know if its a good idea for us to walk to the hotel at midnight from the pier.

If walking is not encouraged, what other options do we have at midnight?

Thanks for all the information!

Anyone know if there is a shuttle service or towncar available from pier in San Pedro to Anaheim/Disneyland area? Is this even possible? renting a car would not be our option. Thanks.

Supershuttle offers the service from the pier to Disneyland is $48 for the first adult, $9 each for any others.

I would book a reservation as most of the shuttles waiting at the port will be going to LAX.

PrimeTime would also offer this.

When you make the reservation or look for a quote, the Port is an Airport--so you are going from an Airport--keep scrolling down in the list and you will find the Ports and also the train stations.

Supershuttle offers the service from the pier to Disneyland is $48 for the first adult, $9 each for any others.

I would book a reservation as most of the shuttles waiting at the port will be going to LAX.

PrimeTime would also offer this.

When you make the reservation or look for a quote, the Port is an Airport--so you are going from an Airport--keep scrolling down in the list and you will find the Ports and also the train stations.

Thanks so much! I knew there had to be a way. I will contact both and see what I come up with.

Super Shuttle and Prime Time

are at the airport everyday and at

the port when ship/ships are coming in.

You don't have to make reservations

unless you want. Just get one, tell them

where you want to go. Might have to

wait until the shuttle is full. That happens

with or without reservations.

Super Shuttle does go to other places.

Just tell them where you would like to go

and see if they will do it.

Edited by Belle

Sorry to double post but I can't edit the other one.

Does anyone know if the hotels would pick up from the terminal?

We are taking the AmTrak down and as part of the trip, they have a bus connection that stops at the terminal in San Pedro.

I read that DoubleTree and Crowne Plaza has shuttles to go to the terminal, if I have a reservation, do you think they would come pick us up?

We will be arriving as late as 11:30PM according to the AmTrak schedule and I don't know if its a good idea for us to walk to the hotel at midnight from the pier.

If walking is not encouraged, what other options do we have at midnight?

Thanks for all the information!

I would call whichever hotel you are staying at and see if their shuttles run that late..if not, a cab is the way to go since I would not suggest walking at that hour from the pier. Call and have the cab waiting for you and be prepared to tip handsomely since it is not that far of a drive.

Edited by Wineaux

• 2 weeks later...
Super Shuttle and Prime Time

are at the airport everyday and at

the port when ship/ships are coming in.

Super Shuttle does go to other places.

Just tell them where you would like to go

and see if they will do it.

Our NOT SO SUPER experience with SUPER SHUTTLE.

After passing the same airport location for the second time, I thanked our Super Shuttle driver for a tour of LAX, (some sarcasm was intended). After some more touring around LAX, we finally got under way. I believe, but cannot confirm, that my comments resulted in the driver ensuring that I and my wife, both in our 60's, were the last of three to be dropped off in San Pedro, 1 hour and 45 minutes after we first entered the van at LAX. The return trip, using another company took 30 minutes. To quote an old saying: If I'm happy with a product or service, I'll tell a friend. If I feel I've been shabbily treated I'll tell the world. Supper Shuttle will be mentioned prominently in all of the articles I write for travel blogs.

Edited by Grimsby

I had a horrendous experience with Prime Time. I had booked them for a pick up from our house in the Valley on the day of our cruise. When the van didn't show up at the time requested, I called the office and was told the driver was waiting for us at "the harbor." After much conversation, the supervisor I requested finally got us a van.

Two weeks later, we came out to the shuttle pick up island and I gave a copy of the email confirmation to the rep. He couldn't find our name on his list. When he called his office, the woman on the other end argued with him that we can't possibly be with him as we were supposed to be at our house for our pickup (yes, I was standing next to him and hear her).

One mistake I could possibly forgive, but I would expect that after the first mistake, that the supervisor would doubly make sure the second pickup would go smoothly.

I can't possibly recommend this service and will not use them again.

Can you tell me what was the other shuttle company you used, I need to book a shuttle for the end of the month.

I cannot recommend an alternate shuttle service because we used the cruise line transfer service back to LAX. That's where I was able to confirm the actual travel time from the pier to LAX. However, if you go back a few pages on this posting as well as look at other postings in the "West Coast" section for L.A./San Pedro there are some commentaries on alternates. Good Luck.

Grimsby, I am sorry that Super Shuttle did not meet your expectations, however they and Prime Time do exactly the same thing. They will do several circuits of LAX as it is a shared form of transportation and with a rate of about $17 pp it is important that they leave full. If you want to go direct then perhaps you should try a taxi or limo but you won't do that for anything near $17 pp.

I am not here to defend Super Shuttle but we have used them on a number of occasions and found them to be excellent value and frankly have no trouble recommending them.

Edited by Putterdude

What is the current price for a taxi from LAX to San Pedro (Doubletree)?

This would be on a Sat. evening about 8pm, if that matters, hopefully traffic would be light?

an approximate would be appreciated.

Have done sS before but would like to get to the Hotel at a reasoable hour.

thanks

Yes.. when you get either shuttle

at LAX..They will want the van to be full.

They circle the airport three times.

Then they drop off people going

to different hotels. You could be 1st or last.

Takes awhile.

Yes.. it takes a shorter time going back..

because it's the only place their going..

Port to LAX. One Stop!

Still a good bargain. Don't need reservations.

Grimsby now do understand why it took a shorter

time coming back..not because you use another

shuttle service..would of taken super shuttle 30 mins too.

NW..A taxi would cost. Think at 8pm maybe the shuttle

wouldn't take as long. They have and maybe Prime Time

has a car that would just take you. More money of course

but cheaper then a taxi.

Edited by Belle

Just to let everyone know. The new Greek restauarnt, Limani, is NOW OPEN. Thye opened up at the old Papadakis location at 6th and Centre. We haven't been there yet so we cannot comment on the food but will update when we do.

What is the current price for a taxi from LAX to San Pedro (Doubletree)?

This would be on a Sat. evening about 8pm, if that matters, hopefully traffic would be light?

an approximate would be appreciated.

Have done sS before but would like to get to the Hotel at a reasoable hour.

thanks

I booked Execucar from LAX to San Pedro and they cost $55 which I think is less than a taxi and only about $20 more than a shared shuttle. You can book on line at their web site.