San Pedro from a San Pedran

Wineaux

Wineaux

Staying at Doubletree and going in 2 days early for our cruise. Is there a liqour store near the hotel we can restock our wine before sailing?:D

thanks

Jim

Jim,

For wine, head up to "Off the Vine" in Downtown San Pedro--

491 W 6th St #103, San Pedro, CA 90731, (310) 831-1551

Have the hotel shuttle give you a lift over there...

If you are going to be here on a Friday or Saturday night there is a great new restaurant called the Catalina Bistro inside the Catalina Express Terminal. They only do dinners on the weekend and the food is awesome. They have a Cordon Bleu trained chef and are located right on the water. AND they are just a short walk from the fountains. It's a nice walk from the Crowne Plaza or you can hop on the Red Car at 6th street and take it to the fountains.

Thanks for the info on the new restaurant. Unfortunately we sail on Friday so we'll be there on a Thursday night. We don't sail until April 2014 so who knows....maybe they will be open for dinner every night by then. Thanks for the info on the Red Car to get us to the fountains.

Barbara

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
As of My 31st the 7th Street Chophouse is closed. It will be missed. There is a new pizza place opening soon though called Philly B's. I'll keep you posted.

Just completed the entire thread - thank you so much for all of the great info! We decided on two nights in SP and am hoping to get to the wine country! If anyone has had experience in doing a wine tour out of SP, would appreciate any info - thanks!

can anybody tell me if the vagabond inn san pedro is a good place to stay thanks

The Vagabond is good if you are looking for a place to sleep and that's all. There are a few decent restaurants nearby but not much else.

Please to assit, we will be in San Pedro one day, one a cruise. We both loved pesi. Is there any place near the pier that we could walk to to get some pesi? Thanks again. I have google Von's maybe a Walgreeens or something nearby.

Pesi?

• 2 weeks later...
How far is it from San Pedro over to Long Beach for a CVL cruise?

Do hotels offer a shuttle?

It looks like a nicer area to stay for a couple of pre-cruise nights....?

Some hotels in San Pedro do offer a shuttle to the Port of Los Angeles, but not to the Port of Long Beach.

You might want to do a search of BruinSteve's posts about Long Beach hotels. He does recommend some because they are in the nice area of LB (yes, there are industrialized ares of LB to avoid staying in) and some of those might shuttle you to the Carnival pier.

How far is it from San Pedro over to Long Beach for a CVL cruise?

Do hotels offer a shuttle?

It looks like a nicer area to stay for a couple of pre-cruise nights....?

It is about 10 to 12 miles from downtown San Pedro to the Carnival Port which is right next door to the Queen Mary in Long Beach. As most cruise ships come into the World Cruise Center - Los Angeles (in San Pedro), I am not aware of any them offering free transport to the port in Long Beach.

With the exception of touring the USS Iowa, I think Long Beach has more to offer for dining and activities--Queen Mary, Art Museums, Aquarium of the Pacific--but I am a Long Beach native.

Trying to decide how far in advance to try priceline for a hotel in San Pedro. I would be trying for the two top rated ones. Our cruise is departing on March 1 2014 and am wondering if it's better to do it now or wait until closer to the time. Do these hotels usually fill up?

Trying to decide how far in advance to try priceline for a hotel in San Pedro. I would be trying for the two top rated ones. Our cruise is departing on March 1 2014 and am wondering if it's better to do it now or wait until closer to the time. Do these hotels usually fill up?

Do it now--the price is always $65 or $70. 3 1/2 stars for the CP and Doubletree. About 5 weeks ago I got the CP for May 12 for $70, started the biding at $50.

If you get it, put the info on the sticky at the top of the West Coast Departures http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412919&page=36

Edited by pizzalady1

Are there any good seafood restaurants near the Crowne Plaza hotel Coming in the day before our cruise so looking for a good place to eat somewhere nearby

San Pedro Fish market or the Crusty Crab in Ports O Call Village....or have them shuttle you to the 22nd Street Landing

Torrance has more Japanese and Koreans than Chinese. The Chinese restaurants are pretty generic but not as "westernized" as PF Changs.

Another option for Chinese food is Sea Empress in Gardena. http://www.yelp.com/biz/sea-empress-seafood-restaurant-gardena

Sea Empress is good but pricy. My favorite is Seafood Port in Torrance at the corner of Torrance and Hawthorne Blvds. Very authentic and great lunch specials. I try to get there once a month.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/seafood-port-chinese-restaurant-torrance

The food is incredible and clientele mainly Chinese.

An added benefit is that there is a BevMo directly across the street.

I just booked thru priceline for Oct 27. Did 3.5 star for san pedro. Rejected at $70 but accepted at $85 +tax. Got the Crowne Plaza

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the NCL Jewel repo from Vancouver BC to LA arriving at San Pedro Sept. 27. The ship has a transfer excursion through LA to LAX for $59pp, which seems very reasonable to me. They offer three options, of which NONE totally fit the bill for us. (Well, my dd, 19, and her bff, 20!)

I am looking for a private transport vehicle that could be hired for a six hour (approx) time that would give us our own personal tour. I am not looking for a luxury Limo or Town Car, just a good, reliable vehicle that will hold 3 women, three carry on's and three suitcases. Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the wonderful info that has been provided here!

I am booked on the NCL Jewel repo from Vancouver BC to LA arriving at San Pedro Sept. 27. The ship has a transfer excursion through LA to LAX for $59pp, which seems very reasonable to me. They offer three options, of which NONE totally fit the bill for us. (Well, my dd, 19, and her bff, 20!)

I am looking for a private transport vehicle that could be hired for a six hour (approx) time that would give us our own personal tour. I am not looking for a luxury Limo or Town Car, just a good, reliable vehicle that will hold 3 women, three carry on's and three suitcases. Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the wonderful info that has been provided here!

Try contacting Ken at Sunseeker Tours and see what they can offer you...

http://sunseekertours.us/

Sunseeker is the one local tour company bnased in the harbor area...and they do tours with pick-ups at the ship and drop offs at LAX...

I would pose the question to them...

Try contacting Ken at Sunseeker Tours and see what they can offer you...

http://sunseekertours.us/

Sunseeker is the one local tour company bnased in the harbor area...and they do tours with pick-ups at the ship and drop offs at LAX...

I would pose the question to them...

Thanks Steve for the incredibly quick response. I have e-mailed them, so we shall see what they come up with. I have a feeling it is going to be cost prohibitive though. :(

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've been away from my own thread for a while!!

New restaurant opening in Downtown San Pedro. Philly B's!! Nice little family pizza place on 6th street between Centre and Mesa. Grand Opening is tomorrow so I'll report back when I've tried the grub!!