San Pedro from a San Pedran

Wineaux

We will be traveling with a wheelchair this year. Will the shuttles be able to accommodate this, or,would we be better off with a taxi?

We will be staying at the CP on April 15th before our Panama Canal Cruise. Our plan is to shuttle to Off the Vine for a light dinner and to pick up a few bottles of wine.

Rereading your post, I did notice that what you didn't highlight is that they did say they shuttle to both ports. That's a plus.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Definitely something to clarify, especially as their paragraph is poorly written. Usually a hotel may just shuttle to whichever port is closest, but certainly it'll be good if they'll take you to either. But as I said, it's important to make sure you're taken to the port you're sailing from.

Does anyone know anything about Berth 46? The Celebrity Century is scheduled to disembark there on May 3, 2014. Do the shuttles (Primetime and Super Shuttle) service that pier? The online maps do not show any buildings. Have they built any since they were taken? How do they handle CBP procedures? Any help and information will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Does anyone know anything about Berth 46? The Celebrity Century is scheduled to disembark there on May 3, 2014. Do the shuttles (Primetime and Super Shuttle) service that pier? The online maps do not show any buildings. Have they built any since they were taken? How do they handle CBP procedures? Any help and information will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Berth 46 is a temporary facility. They only use it a few times a year so they will set up tents and other temporary structures. As far as how they handle procedures I could not tell you so hopefully someone who has experience with this Berth can help you.

Edited by Wineaux

How far is Torrence from San Pedro pier? Anyone know if Thrifty will give a ride back to the San Pedro pier after rental?

Torrance Airport to the San Pedro Pier is about 6-7 miles depending on the route.

I don't think that dw64 was asking the distance from Torrance Airport...

Torrance is a big town which covers a lot of ground...Torrance Airport is at the extreme southern end, really more in Lomita...but it is a small private plane airport and I doubt dw64 is flying in there or returning a car there.

Thrifty Rent-a-Car in Torrance is at 18409 Hawthorne Blvd. which is in the Northern part of Torrance...

Google Maps gives the distance, using the 110 freeway (as opposed to the slightly shorter route by city streets) as being 13 miles from the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.

I am fairly certain they will NOT shuttle you 13 miles to the port after returning a rental car--that would mean a 26 mile round trip for their employee and car. You would need to arrange for a shuttle or taxi.

Edited by Bruin Steve

I don't think that dw64 was asking the distance from Torrance Airport...

Torrance is a big town which covers a lot of ground...Torrance Airport is at the extreme southern end, really more in Lomita...but it is a small private plane airport and I doubt dw64 is flying in there or returning a car there.

Thrifty Rent-a-Car in Torrance is at 18409 Hawthorne Blvd. which is in the Northern part of Torrance...

Google Maps gives the distance, using the 110 freeway (as opposed to the slightly shorter route by city streets) as being 13 miles from the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.

I am fairly certain they will NOT shuttle you 13 miles to the port after returning a rental car--that would mean a 26 mile round trip for their employee and car. You would need to arrange for a shuttle or taxi.

I figured the same, the port to Thrifty Rent a Car, but I probably rounded off. I didn't know whether they would shuttle for that distance, but I figured maybe the person asking would call the agency.

Hi there,

our cruise ends in San Pedro in May 2014. We are considering renting a car and driving up to San Fransico.

We are from Australia so totally unfamiliar with San Pedro. Are there car rental companies within a short taxi ride from the cruise terminal?

Cheers,

Angela

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Wineaux for this thread.

We will be arriving in LAX on 11/18 and cruising the next day from San Pedro. Two ships that day, Princess and Regent

We have a TON of hilton points so want to use those-recommendation?

transportation from LAX, Super Shuttle or should I try to get a private car?

hotel in san pedro, we have an evening and the next morning, walking distance to anything?

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Wineaux for this thread.

We will be arriving in LAX on 11/18 and cruising the next day from San Pedro. Two ships that day, Princess and Regent

We have a TON of hilton points so want to use those-recommendation?

transportation from LAX, Super Shuttle or should I try to get a private car?

hotel in san pedro, we have an evening and the next morning, walking distance to anything?

Was just at LAX on 3/8/14. Had big crew with 2 separate flights. 1 st crew of 8 used supper shuttle. Simple little 20 min wait after check in with attendant. 2 nd crew used execucar. Called them when bags picked up. 10 minute wait. Very nice informative driver. I booked both sets online

Several people on my last cruise stayed at the Best Western. They said it is under new ownership and was very nice. It included breakfast and a free shuttle to the pier. Rooms were very nice. They said they walked around outside and the neighborhood seemed fine. Any thoughts on this being another place besides the Crowne (for a lower price than I get for the Crowne on Priceline) to stay?

What is the address of this Best Western? I'm not having any luck with bidding.

Thanks. Unfortunately they are sold out. :( Since the CP won't take my offers, my only other option is the Vagabond, and it doesn't get good reviews. The Sunrise Hotel doesn't get good reviews either. Are there any hotels that anyone knows of in Long Beach that offer a shuttle service to the San Pedro Cruise Terminal?

Thanks. Unfortunately they are sold out. :( Since the CP won't take my offers, my only other option is the Vagabond, and it doesn't get good reviews. The Sunrise Hotel doesn't get good reviews either. Are there any hotels that anyone knows of in Long Beach that offer a shuttle service to the San Pedro Cruise Terminal?

Have you tried Hotwire? I've gotten the CP for a very good price two years in a row. on that site. The Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree are the only Hotwire hotels (at least at the time I was looking) in San Pedro with 3.5 (or is it 3?) stars, so you will get one or the other.

My prices (before taxes) were $69 and $79, I think. They both have shuttles to the terminal.

Have you tried Hotwire? I've gotten the CP for a very good price two years in a row. on that site. The Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree are the only Hotwire hotels (at least at the time I was looking) in San Pedro with 3.5 (or is it 3?) stars, so you will get one or the other.

My prices (before taxes) were $69 and $79, I think. They both have shuttles to the terminal.

If you are several months out, unlikely to get CP or DT through Priceline.

Check out Hotwire--or reserve someplace else with a refundable reservation and try PL closer to your cruise.

We were stuck for our upcoming cruise.

I had booked last Dec, but they lost our rez. There is nothing available that week we are going , and the only 4 rooms I could get are at Sunrise. :eek:

I think they have a shuttle.

Hope it's not too bad.

Pat

Edited by sassyredhat