can I bring a non elite to priority boarding with us?

cruisingallover

Why would you even want to bring others? After all, you earned the privilege, they didn't.

It's been my experience that couples/friends/relatives traveling together,

especially a small group of four, like to board together:rolleyes:

Sometimes we are traveling with another who is not as traveled as we are. Once it was a newbie and the other 3 were elite. Leaving a newbie in a huge line all by herself would not be nice. Reasonable and polite, they should accomodate your party without too much problem.

Yes, you certainly can.

From Princess Circle benefits...(applies to Platinum and above)

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Yes, you certainly can.

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

They do but I don't think they expect people to bring a "posse" or 5-10x as many people who have earned this perk. Few people I know would be that pushy even though there isn't a limit on the number of "guests" traveling with you. The option is always there for you to board in the regular lines if you really want to board with a group. I'm not referring to one or two going through Priority boarding but those bringing, for instance, 10.

Yes, you certainly can.

Preferred Check-In

They do but I don't think they expect people to bring a "posse" or 5-10x as many people who have earned this perk. Few people I know would be that pushy even though there isn't a limit on the number of "guests" traveling with you. The option is always there for you to board in the regular lines if you really want to board with a group. I'm not referring to one or two going through Priority boarding but those bringing, for instance, 10.

Pam

I fully agree, if it is a couple sailing with another couple then no problem. If it was a large group then I suppose technically they could still do it, but it would be a bit unfair on everyone else.

It is probably one of those many items Princess could be a little bit clearer on.

Yes, you can do this. I am platinum and checked in and boarded with an elderly friend (who is gold) on our last cruise. No problems. But like others have said, I wouldn't bring a whole group of people with me, either.

The irony of all this might be the fact that on several occasions (depending on our arrival time) we, as Elite members, took one look at the size of the preferred line and went over to the general line. We were processed well before those in "Priority".

Well recently there was a group of 50, who had some first time cruisers as well as some platinum, and they were all let into the lounge. Now they had arrived early, and with all the other misteps that were made by Princess for this particular group I don't think that it was unfair for them to be allowed into the lounge. Really they were only there for a few minutes.

Although I don't think this is what the benefit was designed for, it didn't have any impact on the boarding lounge.

There we go breaking the rules again.It should be for your room only.I guess rules r broken depending on the topic?

Maybe you need to read the Princess "RULE" book again. They are not breaking the rules it says you are allowed to bring your guest with you.

People who act "High and Mighty" are one of the reasons I was really leary of going on a Princess cruise. I am glad I didn't run into any our cruise and I hope I never meet any on our future Princess cruises

We convinced two other couples, who have never cruised with Princess before, to go with us on a recent two week cruise on the Grand. We had all cruised together out of Galveston a couple of years ago on a Carnival cruise and we waited over an hour in line just to get to the check-in desk.

I had mentioned to them that we had never run into that on our Princess cruises (except once in Seattle when Customs held up the folks trying to get off the ship for 2 extra hours) and that the Princess rules say we could bring friends and family with us through the priority check-in area, and that we would try to use that if needed.

But as usual, Princess had their act together and when we got to the check in area everyone just walked up to the regular check-in area and got right to the counter. Chalk one up for Princess :-)

We just returned less than a month ago from the Ruby. We are platinum but my sister and her boyfriend were first-time Princess cruisers. When I asked if they could enter the platinum lounge with us, we were told, "Of course" (Not: You are breaking the Princess rules, go to the back of the line)

It would not have mattered to me if we waited in the "commoners" line. I just wanted our welcome-aboard photo to have all four of us in it.

Maybe you need to read the Princess "RULE" book again. They are not breaking the rules it says you are allowed to bring your guest with you.

People who act "High and Mighty" are one of the reasons I was really leary of going on a Princess cruise. I am glad I didn't run into any our cruise and I hope I never meet any on our future Princess cruises

Nothing wrong with a guest or two,but what about a group of 50 or more.Ta's often travel with large groups.If everyone thinks they should do that,then Why and What is the purpose of having lines for seperate levels?Just make one line for everyone then?

Personally,i could care less what line i am in as long as i get on the ship.Thank goodness we r not cruising in the old days of stearage classes ,etc when u could only go on certain decks,etc depending on what class u paid for.

If someone were with a large group of >6 and it is not close relatives, then what is the problem of just saying "We'll meet you all inside"? Most people will understand that you have earned some priviledges for the amount of business you've brought to the cruise line. After all, you will be separating into your respective cabins immediately after entering the ship.

Part of the reason businesses give past passenger perks is so others will see and want those priviledges as well, thus bringing more business. I can remember how good it felt the first time (and every time after) that we were able to bypass the long lines using priority boarding.

I can understand people bringing close family (or significant others) with them in the priority line, however there should be a limit to what is reasonable, and bringing large groups is abusing a priviledge, which will eventually affect us all.

Archived