Does HAL ever have sales?

Do they ever have sales where the prices are actually discounted?

I get snail mail and emails from HAL just about every week about sales but the prices are always the same.

How about discounts for past passengers? I don't seem to se any of those either.

Was looking at the Veendam in September to Bermuda.

Bill

Do they ever have sales where the prices are actually discounted?

I get snail mail and emails from HAL just about every week about sales but the prices are always the same.

How about discounts for past passengers? I don't seem to se any of those either.

Was looking at the Veendam in September to Bermuda.

Bill

Absolutely! Check their website often. Our last cruise ended up saving us $900 after we booked. Each time a discounted price was offered, our TA worked with HAL to get us that discount.

Right now, many of the European cruises this summer are deeply discounted, not just on HAL but across the industry. Some of the summer cruises from NYC to Bermuda have been lowered too. Our July to Bermuda cruise is now priced at $799 for least expensive inside. You have to be a little proactive and check multiple sites. Sometimes HAL has flash sales which last for three days. I see you're looking at Bermuda in September. Be aware it is hurricane season, but on the flip side, you should be able to get a decent fare. Best wishes for finding a good fare.

Absolutely! Check their website often. Our last cruise ended up saving us $900 after we booked. Each time a discounted price was offered, our TA worked with HAL to get us that discount.

Right now, many of the European cruises this summer are deeply discounted, not just on HAL but across the industry. Some of the summer cruises from NYC to Bermuda have been lowered too. Our July to Bermuda cruise is now priced at $799 for least expensive inside. You have to be a little proactive and check multiple sites. Sometimes HAL has flash sales which last for three days. I see you're looking at Bermuda in September. Be aware it is hurricane season, but on the flip side, you should be able to get a decent fare. Best wishes for finding a good fare.

Best fare we have found was $699 for an inside guarantee for the September sailing.

Hurricanes are always a possibility unfortunately. Luckily we cruise this week every year and have so far avoided any hurricanes.

Hopefully our luck will continue to hold up.

Bill

Best fare we have found was $699 for an inside guarantee for the September sailing.

Hurricanes are always a possibility unfortunately. Luckily we cruise this week every year and have so far avoided any hurricanes.

Hopefully our luck will continue to hold up.

Bill

$699 is a darn good price for Bermuda. You think they are going to give it away? Check out the summer prices, higher than that. The Veendam has the best itineray for Bermuda too.

$699 is a darn good price for Bermuda. You think they are going to give it away? Check out the summer prices, higher than that. The Veendam has the best itineray for Bermuda too.

No Charles i wasnt looking for it for free. I have only cruised once on HAL and i am not too gamiliar with how they sell the cabins.

I just asked a simple question.

After seeing Carnival having an 8 day cruise for $499 and NCL has a 7 day cruise the same week for $479, i figured I'd ask.

Yes i realize you get an extra day in bermuda on HAL compared to NCL and that i wouldn't be docked over in the dockyard.

Summer prices which is peak season I saw in June 23rd i believe were only $50pp more.

Thanks for your insights though.:)

Bill

No Charles i wasnt looking for it for free. I have only cruised once on HAL and i am not too gamiliar with how they sell the cabins.

I just asked a simple question.

After seeing Carnival having an 8 day cruise for $499 and NCL has a 7 day cruise the same week for $479, i figured I'd ask.

Yes i realize you get an extra day in bermuda on HAL compared to NCL and that i wouldn't be docked over in the dockyard.

Summer prices which is peak season I saw in June 23rd i believe were only $50pp more.

Thanks for your insights though.:)

Bill

Carnival and NCL are budget cruise lines. HAL is not. I won't say never but generaly HAL prices won't get that low. I don't know the Carnival or NCL prices to Bermuda since I would not even consider going on those lines compared to HAL. The only other line going to Bermuda which compares to HAL is Celebrity and since they do the Dockyard and only three days to Bermuda I rule them out for Bermuda.

June 23 is not a peak summer week. School has just ended in many school districts. July and August are the peak season. School starts the last week in August in many districts so the price drops then. I have the last week of August booked and picked up a pretty good price on one of the three day sales. Those are the sales to watch out for.

If you want to gamble, the price might get lower after final payment is due but it can also get higher or even be a sold out sailing. If you have a specific date/timeline/itinerary in mind, don't take a chance but if you are flexible, it pays to wait.

I booked a 7-day Canada-New England Cruise for 499$pp (399$ for interline employee discount - 500$ including taxes) and this is a very good deal for HAL. I usually sail NCL though since I like their product (I budget for a few specialty restaurants extra though) and they are less expensive most of the time (but their cabins, except for suites, are TINY - but I don't mind, I'm not much in the cabin when I have an inside and if I have a balcony, I am on the balcony, not in the cabin).

Carnival and NCL are budget cruise lines. HAL is not. I won't say never but generaly HAL prices won't get that low.

Hal often competes against the "budget" lines you mentioned (even though one is from the same family).

In recent years, Hal has often had the cheapest prices in some markets, particularly in Mexico, the Caribbean, and even Alaska. This is particularly apparent for "last minute cruises". Even now, the cruises up and down the East coast into Canada are "budget line" priced over the coming months....

Hal often competes against the "budget" lines you mentioned (even though one is from the same family).

In recent years, Hal has often had the cheapest prices in some markets, particularly in Mexico, the Caribbean, and even Alaska. This is particularly apparent for "last minute cruises". Even now, the cruises up and down the East coast into Canada are "budget line" priced over the coming months....

But we are talking about Bermuda. And not about last minute since the op is looking at a cruise in September. If they can't fill the ship the price might drop but to Bermuda I doubt it will go below $599 for an inside. I have waited for those last minute deals and sometimes they come and sometimes they don't.

We don't have a disagreement. The op seemed to think that HAL does not have sales. They do have sales. I always wait for one of their sales before booking. I don't think though for a Bermuda sailing the prices will go as low as the op mentioned.

If you want to gamble, the price might get lower after final payment is due but it can also get higher or even be a sold out sailing. If you have a specific date/timeline/itinerary in mind, don't take a chance but if you are flexible, it pays to wait.

I booked a 7-day Canada-New England Cruise for 499$pp (399$ for interline employee discount - 500$ including taxes) and this is a very good deal for HAL. I usually sail NCL though since I like their product (I budget for a few specialty restaurants extra though) and they are less expensive most of the time (but their cabins, except for suites, are TINY - but I don't mind, I'm not much in the cabin when I have an inside and if I have a balcony, I am on the balcony, not in the cabin).

An interline rate (employee discount) is a whole different question. I don't see why you would use that as an example as most are not eligible. Also Canada-New England I would expect to be less than Bermuda.

I can't stand NCL. HAL is a much better product. Also the Veendam is not a mega ship. The don't have that many cabins to fill. Veendam holds about 1350 passengers. They have a lot more cabins to fill on NCL. The NCL ships are around 2300 passengers.

And Veendam has the best itinerary to Bermuda......

In 2008 we booked a cruise 6 weeks before the sailing date .We booked an outside cabin .A few days before we were to leave our TA called and offered a balcony for the same price .

Last year we cruised and booked 11 months in advance .We met people on our cruise who did a last minute booking and got great rates .

We are taking a chance and trying for a last minute this year .

Just got one today:

Free Upgrades on Caribbean & Bermuda Cruises--7 Days from $549

book now FOR FREE UPGRADES Caribbean 7-day cruises from $549*

10- to 21-day cruises from $899* Bermuda

7-day cruises from $699*your Caribbean or Bermuda cruise by May 23 and enjoy complimentary upgrades from interior to ocean-view (category H/HH) or ocean-view to verandah staterooms on select departures. MORE TO EXPLORE Mexico

7- to 11-day cruises from $599* Holiday

7- to 44-day cruises from $899* Canada & New England

7- to 14-day cruises from $699* Europe

7- to 12-day cruises from $599*

Book by May 23, 2011 Call your travel professional, or call us at .......

So yes, in answer to your question, they do have sales and Specials for past guests, Mariners

Joanie

I am a little surprised at what I read here. Our August Alaska cruise just went on sale, and I called the online TA. She came back with a two category upgrade with our choice of cabin for nearly $600.00 less than the original booking price. OK, a good TA is worth her weight in gold. We jumped on it, and will stick with the deal.

We regularly cruise with friends who only book SA suites. I can never remember them mentioning getting a discount. We choose to cruise six to eight weeks a year in inside cabins rather than three or four weeks in a suite. We have received past passenger rates, teacher rates, and rates for where we live! On our very first HAL cruise the sale was so good we couldn't afford to stay home! If you are not tied to where you go or when you sail, there are sales all over the place. And every so often, HAL will send us an email for a cruise sale for something that hasn't sold out.

Some online travel agencies have a feature called the daily special. And that is the first thing I check every morning. Then I pour my first cup of coffee!!:D

An interline rate (employee discount) is a whole different question. I don't see why you would use that as an example as most are not eligible. Also Canada-New England I would expect to be less than Bermuda.

I<snip>.....

Canada/New England has one of the highest per diems for suites on Maasdam of any cruise they do. We pay over $1,000 per day for our Suite every summer. When we sail the Caribbean, it is considerably lower for the exact same cabin and just yesterday I compared Veendam's Bermuda pricing for the exact same suite (sister ships) and it was considerably lower per diem for "S" Suites.

Check it out. You'll be surprised. ;)

Canada/New England has one of the highest per diems for suites on Maasdam of any cruise they do. We pay over $1,000 per day for our Suite every summer. When we sail the Caribbean, it is considerably lower for the exact same cabin and just yesterday I compared Veendam's Bermuda pricing for the exact same suite (sister ships) and it was considerably lower per diem for "S" Suites.

Check it out. You'll be surprised. ;)

Not interested in a suite or $1000 per day! But honestly the Canada/New England cruises have never appealed to me. I go up there all the time, New England an Quebec and would rather drive around up there than cruise it.

I'm just not sure why I never get sale emails from HAL anymore. Last fall I booked the North Cape cruise in Norway for July because of a sale email and since then have not received one email from them except when my final payment had been posted.

I even went back to their web site and signed up again. I then received a message on my voicemail and a brochure in the mail and (again) no emails. And no sale brochures either.

This will be my 4th HAL cruise and want to book again with HAL but I WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A SALE!

I guess I could just pick up a phone and ask? duh? I should have thought of that sooner. . .

Just got one today:

Free Upgrades on Caribbean & Bermuda Cruises--7 Days from $549

book now FOR FREE UPGRADES Caribbean 7-day cruises from $549*

10- to 21-day cruises from $899* Bermuda

7-day cruises from $699*your Caribbean or Bermuda cruise by May 23 and enjoy complimentary upgrades from interior to ocean-view (category H/HH) or ocean-view to verandah staterooms on select departures. MORE TO EXPLORE Mexico

7- to 11-day cruises from $599* Holiday

7- to 44-day cruises from $899* Canada & New England

7- to 14-day cruises from $699* Europe

7- to 12-day cruises from $599*

Book by May 23, 2011 Call your travel professional, or call us at .......

So yes, in answer to your question, they do have sales and Specials for past guests, Mariners

Joanie

Is this deal only for certain individuals or is any mariner member allowed to book this?

I signed in with my Mariner number but don't see prices you posted.:confused:

Bill

To get a Mariner discount does one log in as a Mariner first, and then search for cruises, or does one search for cruises first and then indicate they are a Mariner?

Thanks.

After you find a cruise you like - continue as if booking and you may need to type in your mariner number (I usually do) - then take a look to see what the prices are.

There are some deals, but only some sailings have deals for mariners.

Archived